Esteem indicators constitute recognition of the research quality of eligible researchers and indicate that a researcher is held in particularly high regard by peers in their discipline or by other well-qualified parties.
They must embody a measure of prestige and be recognised by experts within the discipline as a highly-desired, highly-regarded form of accolade or acknowledgment.
The esteem measures eligible for ERA are:
- Editor of a prestigious work of reference;
- Fellowship of a learned academy and membership of AIATSIS;
- Recipient of a nationally competitive research fellowship;
- Membership of a statutory committee; and
- Recipient of an Australia Council grant or Australia Council fellowship.
For more information see, Chapter 5.7 of ERA Submission Guidelines (PDF).