2014 Sydney College of the Arts Indigenous Student Support Scholarship for an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicant.
Terms and Conditions
At the request of the Dean of Sydney College of the Arts, the University of Sydney’s school of contemporary art, a scholarship for an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander candidate for the degree of Bachelor of Visual Arts will be offered in 2014.
The scholarship shall be awarded under the following conditions:
1. General Information
- a. The name of the scholarship shall be the 2014 Sydney College of the Arts Indigenous Student Support Scholarship.
- b. The scholarship shall be open to all Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander identifying candidates who successfully meet the academic and portfolio entry requirements for the Bachelor of Visual Arts.
- c. One scholarship will be offered to a candidate on the basis of academic and artistic merit subject to the recommendation of the selection panel.
2. Awarding of the Scholarship
- a. The scholarship shall be awarded on the basis of academic and artistic merit subject to the recommendation of the SCA Scholarships & Exchanges Subcommittee as chaired by the Associate Dean (Learning and Teaching).
- a. The scholarship shall be tenable for 1 year only and subject to academic progress deemed satisfactory for a scholarship Scholar, which shall be the successful completion of Semester 1. The Scholar’s academic progress will be reviewed at the end of Semester 1 and the scholarship may be terminated if the Scholar’s academic progress is deemed to be unsatisfactory by the Subcommittee.
- b. The scholarship shall be tenable in the Sydney College of the Arts and shall not be transferable to another Faculty or University program.
- c. The Scholar shall enroll into the Bachelor of Visual Arts and remain enrolled as a full time student throughout the term of the scholarship.
- d. The scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year or semester.
4. Value and Payment
- a. The total value of the scholarship stipend shall be $5,000 payable is two amounts of $2,500.
- b. Payments shall be made after the Census date of each semester.
5. Additional Conditions
- a. The Scholar will comply with all rules, regulations, by-laws, resolutions and other requirements made by the University with respect to both enrolment and attendance at Sydney College of the Arts.
- b. The Scholar will inform the scholarships officer at Sydney College of the Arts if their course or enrolment is varied in any way or their course is discontinued for any reason.
- c. The scholarship may be withdrawn in the event of unsatisfactory performance in their academic studies in Semester 1.
- d. If the scholarship is withdrawn or terminated for any reason, the Scholar will, without any demand by the University, repay that part of the scholarship stipend received after the date of withdrawal or termination of the scholarship.
- e. To promote the best possible outcome for the Scholar, they will not pursue a course of studies at any institution other than the University of Sydney during the course of the scholarship.