GRADUATE SCHOOL ORIENTATION
We hold a dedicated orientation session for all new postgraduate students on the first day of each semester. We will welcome you to the Graduate School, provide you with important information on the facilities and resources available to you, and provide you with an overview of your responsibilities as a member of the Graduate School community.
Semester 1 Orientation will be held at 11am on Monday 3 March 2014. A venue will be provided closer to the time.
At orientation you will meet key staff, your fellow students and SUPRA representatives. You will hear from the following people:
- Professor Colin Rhodes, Chair, Division of Architecture and Creative Arts, and Dean, Sydney College of the Arts
- Dr Debra Dawes, Sydney College of the Arts Graduate School Director
- Mr Grant Crompton, Campus Manager
- Mr Doug Rosser, ICT Manager
- Ms Jennifer Hayes, Librarian
- Ms Nerida Olson, SCA Public Relations and Marketing Manager
- Sydney University Postgraduate Representative Association (SUPRA)
- Graduate School Gallery Committee
You will also have an opportunity to meet with the academic staff who will oversee your work, such as course coordinators and seminar conveners.
Orientation is compulsory for all commencing Graduate School students.
Following the Orientation program all students commencing a research degree must attend a studio health & safety induction.
Studio access is only granted after students successfully complete this health & safety induction and the relevant paperwork.