APA AND UPA SCHOLARSHIPS
Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA) and University of Sydney Postgraduate Awards (UPA) are awarded to postgraduate research students of exceptional research potential undertaking a higher degree by research at the University of Sydney.
Applications are taken each semester and administered by the University of Sydney's Scholarships Office. The Scholarships Office provides application forms and guidelines on their website at the opening of each application round, and provides a full APA/UPA application FAQ.
Demonstrating your Research Potential
All APA and UPA applicants are assessed and ranked based on three components:
- the weighted average mark (WAM) from your undergraduate degree
- the mark you achieved in your Honours (or equivalent) degree
- your research potential, as demonstrated by your research outputs and professional achievements
These research outputs and achievements include:
- additional qualifications
- scholarly publications, such as published books or book chapters, refereed conference papers and refereed journal articles
- solo or group exhibitions in public museums or galleries, or private museums of standing
- participation in national or international festivals
- creative work held in significant national collections or commissioned by government bodies or the corporate sector
- exhibitions, compositions or performances which have been reviewed in significant national outlets
- relevant professional experience
Exhibition in regional galleries and/or ARIs will not be considered, and documentary evidence, such as catalogues, invitations, conference programs, contracts, reviews and letters from employers, must be provided.