MASTER OF STUDIO ART APPLICATION GUIDELINES
All Master of Studio Art applicants must provide the following supporting documents:
- proof of identity and citizenship/residency (such as your passport or birth certificate)
- official transcripts for academic qualifications
- portfolio of recent creative work
- studio project proposal, including the title and a desciption of your project (approx. 100 words)
- context statement, outlining the contemporary art context and issues informing your studio project (approx. 200 words)
- current CV detailing relevant professional experience, exhibitions and skills
If applicable, you may also need to provide:
- proof of change of name
- evidence of English proficiency (such as IELTS or TOEFL test results)
- professional references or a completed referee form
Please ensure each document is clearly labelled.
Your portfolio should reflect your recent creative work and demonstrate your ability to undertake advanced art practice in your nominated major studio.
Please submit up to ten (10) examples of work, preferably as one JPG, TIFF or PDF file.
The maximum file size for each document or compressed file upload is 10MB.
APPLY ONLINE FOR THE MASTER OF STUDIO ART
Once you have prepared your supporting documentation and portfolio you are ready to submit your application. Click here to apply online
If you experience difficulty submitting your application or uploading your documentation, please contact:
Direct Applications on +61 2 8627 8666 (9am – 5pm AEST) or (for domestic students only)
International Office on 1800 899 379 (within Australia), +61 2 8627 8300 (outside Australia) or (for international students only)