Honours Scholarships 2013
Before completing the Application Form, please ensure you have read the following information;
- To be eligible for a Honours Scholarship you must apply for entry at the University of Sydney commencing in 2013, either in semester 1 or semester 2.
- Honours Scholarship applications are open only once a year. Regardless of which semester you will commence in, please lodge an application for the year of enrolment.
- The Honours program must involve an additional year to a standard Bachelor degree.
- You must be either:
a local student (an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or permanent resident of Australia); or
an International student who has completed their undergraduate degree at the University of Sydney.
- Please ensure you have read the Conditions of Award of the Honours Scholarships prior to completing this form.
- Supporting documents.
Documentation should be submitted to the Scholarships Office via mail or fax or to our office, with your SID and name CLEARLY marked on it.
- Supporting documentation should be mailed to:
Level 5, Jane Foss Russell Building G02
The University of Sydney, NSW, 2006.
or faxed to: +61 2 86278485
- Please provide supporting documents immediately after submitting the Application Form.
NB: Missing information or supporting documents will not be followed up due to the number of applications we receive. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all relevant information is submitted. If information is not supplied by the closing date, this will mean that your application is incomplete and will be ineligible for consideration.
- Applications must be accompanied by the following documentation:
Personal statement- Students enrolling in faculties other than those listed below must submit a general personal statement. (no longer than an A4 page). As a guide, this document might include details of past academic achievements, positions of leadership, communication skills, relevant work experience and why you have decided to undertake Honours study. It will also be useful to the selection panel if you provide a general description of your research project.
- Students enrolling in the faculties listed below have the following requirements;
Faculty of Architecture-Applicants must include a one page research proposal outlining their intended research topic IN ADDITION to their one A4 page personal statement.
Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences- Applicants personal statements must include information and discussion about the research they will be undertaking in their Honours year.
University of Sydney Business School- Applicants personal statements must include information and discussion about the research they will be undertaking in their Honours year.
- Academic transcripts- You must provide certified copies of all transcripts detailing previous tertiary study at institutions other than the University of Sydney.
- Equity applications- If you have elected to apply for the equity Honours Scholarships with either the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences, Faculty of Science or Faculty of Health Sciences, please include a certified or original copy of a Centrelink Income Statement or other certified documentation demonstrating disadvantage (eg. medical certificates) or up to one half-A4 page statement detailing your reasons for applying for an Honours Equity Scholarship.
University of Sydney Honours Scholarship Application Form 2013
Applications should be submitted to the Scholarships Office by 4.30pm, Friday 4 January 2013.