University of Sydney Merit Scholarships
For: Students with a minimum ATAR of 95 plus other achievements.
Value: $6000 per year.
Duration: 1 year (Entry Scholarships) or duration of degree (Merit Scholarships).
Applications will open in August 2013.
The University of Sydney Scholarships for School Leavers are awarded based on a combination of school examination results, Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) and other achievements (leadership, creativity, self-motivation, communication skills etc). We want you to tell us about what makes you special, so spend some time writing your personal statement. The University of Sydney aims to find the amazing young people of today who will be the leaders for tomorrow.
There are two levels of University of Sydney Scholarships for School Leavers:
The University of Sydney Merit Scholarship - $6000 for the normal length of your undergraduate degree plus an optional honours year (students must maintain an excellent academic record throughout the tenure of the scholarship).
The University of Sydney Entry Scholarship - $6000 for one year only.
- Each student may only submit one application.
- Students who wish to study at Sydney College of the Arts or the Sydney Conservatorium of Music must achieve an ATAR of at least 90 and be amongst the top 5% of applicants, assessed by portfolio or performance.
- International and NZ students applying for admission through UAC are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
- The Faculty you nominate on your application will be the only Faculty to consider your application. A scholarship offer is made on behalf of that Faculty, allowing the student to pursue any degree for which they are eligible within that Faculty. As such you must choose your Faculty carefully.
- For combined degrees there is still only one Faculty nominated; the UAC guide will inform on the appropriate Faculty.
The following Faculties will conduct interviews as part of their application process:
- Agriculture and Environment
- Sydney Conservatorium of Music
- Sydney College of the Arts
Interviews are typically held in December.
Applications open. The Scholarships Office will have the applications available on the website.
2nd October 2012
Applications close. The Scholarships Office will begin to look at all applications and acknowledgement of applications will begin. Please note that acknowledgement e-mails will not commence prior 30 September 2012.
31 October 2012
Applicants should have received an acknowledgement e-mail. If you have not received an acknowledgement, please contact the by November 2012.
30 November 2012
Applicants who have been short-listed will be contacted by their nominated faculties. Unsuccessful letters will be periodically sent out.
First round of offers will be sent out to applicants. There will be several rounds of offers from December 2012 - February 2013.
27 February 2013
All applicants should have received an outcome on their application, else please contact the .
31 March 2013
Scholarship recipients will have received their first payment. If you have not received payment, please contact the .