Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- APA/UPA: recurring University-wide research scholarships for local students which are usually offered twice a year.
- Medical Scholarships: recurring scholarships usually offered at least once each year. Closing dates vary.
- Current research scholarships: one-off scholarships often linked to specific research projects or awards funded by external organisations. Access the Research Scholarships Database and subscribe to the Weekly Research Scholarships Email Bulletin.
- Specific research awards: scholarships offered in specific Faculties, Departments or Disciplines.
- Grants-in-Aid: funding for short period of research overseas.
- Postgraduate Research Support Scheme: funding for currently enrolled students.
- Overseas Scholarships: University of Sydney Travelling Scholarships, Fulbright Scholarships, Rhodes Scholars, and more.
- Australian Postgraduate Scholarship (APA/UPA) Open for Round Two!
Please visit the APA and UPA webpage for information on how to apply, the application form and RPI Index.
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Scholarships are now OPEN!
Please download the Submission Guidelines for 2016 NHMRC Postgraduate Scholarships to learn how to apply.
- Careers workshops for postgraduate research students are run by the University of Sydney Careers Centre. For further information and to register, please visit the Careers Centre website.
Applying for admission into a research degree
Application for admission into a postgraduate research degree is separate to applying for a research scholarship. To apply for a postgraduate research degree at the University of Sydney, go to the Future Students site.
The Research Training Scheme (RTS) provides eligible Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students with an entitlement to be exempt from paying a student contribution. For further information, visit the Research Training Scheme site.
Information on postgraduate scholarships available to international students is available here.