Prizes and Bursaries
- University of Sydney Advertised Bursaries Currently Open and will close 28 May 2015.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework scholarships
- Bernard Lee Scholarship for the Blind Closes 30 April 2015
- The Zonta Club of Northern Beaches Inc. Study Grant for Women
- Aqua Vista Glass Physical Education Teaching Scholarships Closes 15 April 2015
- The Australia Day Foundation UK Trust Closes 30 April 2015
- The AFGW NSW Jamieson Award Closes 30 April 2015
- The Defence University Sponsorship
The Zonta Club of the Northern Beaches Inc. are seeking applications for a study grant from women who reside on the Northern Beaches, are experiencing hardship/financial difficulty and who are currently studying at a tertiary level.
The objective of the study grant is to provide Northern Beaches women with some funding so that they can achieve a successful outcome with their studies at a tertiary level.
- Must reside on the Northern Beaches
- Must show evidence of hardship and financial difficulty
- There must clear evidence of successful completion of twelve months of study in the current course of study
How to apply: Fill in the application form and return to:
Status of Women Committee
Zonta Club of Northern Beaches
PO Box 1088
Mona Vale NSW 2103
The Defence University Sponsorship is the perfect way to make university life more manageable and provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in your degree. The sponsorship is available to undergraduate or graduate students studying an accredited degree at any recognised university in Australia. As a sponsored student you will receive a salary to study, your HELP and student fees covered from when sponsorship starts and many other benefits. For more information please visit http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/education/universitysponsorship/.
Each semester Aqua Vista Glass offers five scholarships to students throughout Australia studying an education degree (undergraduate or postgraduate) with a focus on physical education.
The directors of Aqua Vista Glass will assess applications based on a range of factors including each candidate’s:
- demonstrated interest in teaching physical education;
- demonstrated participation in community-based sport;
- evidence of academic achievement; and
- planned use of the funds to advance their education as teachers.
Individual students are only eligible to receive one scholarship. Successful applicants will not be considered for future Aqua Vista Glass scholarships.
Eligibility and requirements:
To apply for the scholarship, candidates should:
- be studying an education degree (whether undergraduate or postgraduate), with a desire to enter the teaching profession;
- submit an essay of no more than one page (300 words) outlining their interest in and background in teaching physical education, as well as how they intend to use the scholarship proceeds to advance their goal of teaching physical education; and
- submit a formal transcript of their academic results.
Award amount: $2,000
How to apply: For further information, and to lodge your application for an Aqua Vista Glass Physical Education Scholarship, please visit the Aqua Vista website.
Closing date: 15 April 2015
This Scholarship was established in 2004 by a bequest from Mr Bernard Lee who died in 1997. To be considered for this award, applicants must be aged less than 35 years, be performing at a meritorious level and provide supporting documents as confirmation of blindness.
Award amount: $5,000
How to apply: Expressions of interest, along with supporting documents should be emailed to:
Closing date: 30 April 2015
Each year the Australian Federation of Graduate Women NSW offers the Jamieson award to outstanding women students who completed their final year of their first undergraduate degree in 2014. Preference will be given to those proceeding to further study and with significant community service.
Award amount: $1,000
How to apply: For more information and to access the online application form, please visit the AFGW NSW Jamieson Award webpage.
Closing date: 30 April 2015