Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework Scholarships
- Undergraduate Summer Scholarship in Discovering New Mechanisms for Strength Closes 20 December 2013
- University of Sydney Access Scholarships Close 3 January 2014
- Equity scholarships Close 3 January 2014
- Honours Scholarships Close 10 January 2014
- Graduate Entry Program Scholarships Close 17 January 2014
- Bridging Course Equity Scholarships Close 17 January 2014
- David Clarke Memorial Scholarship (sports - rugby union) Close 17 January 2014
- Phillip Jacoby Scholarship in Alzheimer's Dementia Research Close 17 January 2014
- Elizabeth Brennan Scholarship Close 14 February 2014
- NSW Regional Dentistry Scholarship Close 17 February 2014
- The Zonta Club of Northern Beaches Inc. Study Grant for Women
- Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarship Closes 24 January 2014
Project Description: In 2010 we produced bulk nanostructured and hierarchical aluminium alloys exhibiting record mechanical properties for strength. As part of an ongoing project to develop new alloys and study the origins of strength, one summer scholarship and one honours project is being offered on the topic of “High-resolution mapping of nanoscale grain boundary formation.”
Students will be trained to use state of the art characterisation techniques and research instruments at the Australian Centre for Microscopy and Microanalysis at the University Of Sydney. Projects scope will be managed to produce journal publication at the conclusion of research.
Project undertaken would be relevant to commercial/industrial employers as well as further Masters or PhD studies.
Eligibility: Would suit Honours Thesis A/B students.
Amount awarded: Funding is valued at $4500
Applications close 20 December 2013
How to apply: Please contact Dr Peter Liddicoat directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or by telephone (02) 90366414
The Zonta Club of the Northern Beaches Inc. are seeking applications for a study grant from women who reside on the Northern Beaches, are experiencing hardship/financial difficulty and who are currently studying at a tertiary level.
The objective of the study grant is to provide Northern Beaches women with some funding so that they can achieve a successful outcome with their studies at a tertiary level.
- Must reside on the Northern Beaches
- Must show evidence of hardship and financial difficulty
- There must clear evidence of successful completion of twelve months of study in the current course of study
How to apply: Fill in the application form and return to:
Status of Women Committee
Zonta Club of Northern Beaches
PO Box 1088
Mona Vale NSW 2103
The Scholarship aims to assist academically outstanding but disadvantaged students, from a rural or regional area, who have been offered a full-time place at an Australian university or college for the first time.
The Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarship Program is made up of two streams – ‘local’ scholarships for local students and a national scholarship for rural and regional students:
You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
You will be an undergraduate in 2014 (and this is your first attendance at an Australian university/college)
You will be studying full-time at an Australian university or college and all study will take place within Australia
You graduated from secondary school in either 2013 or 2012 (you took a gap year)
You can demonstrate the disadvantage or challenging circumstances preventing you from taking up the opportunity of this further study
You can demonstrate academic achievement and community involvement
Award Value: The Scholarship is valued at $5,000 per annum
How to apply: Please visit www.bendigoadelaide.com.au/scholarships for more information
Closing Date: 24 January 2014