Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework scholarships
- The Zonta Club of Northern Beaches Inc. Study Grant for Women
- Centre for International Finance and Regulation & Capital Markets CRC Limited Honours Scholarship Program 2015 Closes 13 March 2015
- Sugar Research Institute Scholarship Closes 20 March 2015
- The Joyce Black Memorial Carillon Scholarship Closes 26 March 2015
- Alison Watson Scholarship Closes 31 March 2015
- Youth Off the Streets National Scholarship Program Closes 3 April 2015
- Aqua Vista Glass Physical Education Teaching Scholarships Closes 15 April 2015
- The Defence University Sponsorship
The Zonta Club of the Northern Beaches Inc. are seeking applications for a study grant from women who reside on the Northern Beaches, are experiencing hardship/financial difficulty and who are currently studying at a tertiary level.
The objective of the study grant is to provide Northern Beaches women with some funding so that they can achieve a successful outcome with their studies at a tertiary level.
- Must reside on the Northern Beaches
- Must show evidence of hardship and financial difficulty
- There must clear evidence of successful completion of twelve months of study in the current course of study
How to apply: Fill in the application form and return to:
Status of Women Committee
Zonta Club of Northern Beaches
PO Box 1088
Mona Vale NSW 2103
The Defence University Sponsorship is the perfect way to make university life more manageable and provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in your degree. The sponsorship is available to undergraduate or graduate students studying an accredited degree at any recognised university in Australia. As a sponsored student you will receive a salary to study, your HELP and student fees covered from when sponsorship starts and many other benefits. For more information please visit http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/education/universitysponsorship/.
The Sugar Research Institute Scholarship (SRIS) aims to encourage the participation of high calibre students in the Australian sugar industry.
Eligibility: Funding is available for undergraduate students undertaking an engineering and /or technical degree at an Australian university or tertiary institution. Applicants must demonstrate academic performance and be able to undertake three periods of work placement over an 18 month period (12 weeks in total) during semester breaks.
Applicants must also be:
- A penultimate year student undertaking an engineering and/or technical degree at an Australian university or tertiary institution
- Able to undertake three periods of work placement over an 18 month period (12 weeks in total) during semester breaks
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident
Award amount: $7,500 (paid in three instalments of $2,500)
How to apply: Please visit the Sugar Research Institute website for further information on how to apply and where to find the application form.
Closing date: 20 March 2015
Centre for International Finance and Regulation & Capital Markets CRC Limited Honours Scholarship Program 2015
The Centre for International Finance and Regulation (CIFR) and the Capital Markets Cooperative Research Centre (CMCRC) are offering a prestigious opportunity for up to 15 students with a demonstrated interest in financial regulation.
This scholarship opportunity will provide each selected student with:
- Valuable industry exposure
- Individualised feedback on their work
- Invitations to exclusive CIFR events
- The opportunity to present their work to a senior audience
Award value: up to $15,000
Eligibility: Applicants must be
- Currently studying an Undergraduate or Master’s degree and eligible to enter an
Honours or equivalent research program in accounting, actuarial studies, economics,
finance or law at UNSW Australia; The University of Sydney; University of Technology,
Sydney; Macquarie University; The Australian National University; or The University
of Melbourne; and
- planning to undertake research relevant to financial market regulators and other
International students are encouraged to apply
How to apply: Please visit the CIFR & CMCRC website directly to learn how to apply or contact Madeline Johan on (02)9931 9383.
Closing date: 13 March 2015
Each year, Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW awards up to 3 Alison Watson Scholarships to students medically diagnosed with arthritis.
The purpose of the Alison Watson Scholarship is to assist students affected by arthritis to continue or resume their education and thus give them a better opportunity to achieve their life goals.
Eligibility: To be eligible to receive an Alison Watson Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a resident in NSW
- Have a medical diagnosis of arthritis
- Be attending a school, TAFE, university or other approved educational institution
- Be aged under 25 years
- Be able to demonstrate that the Scholarship will significantly enhance their capacity to complete their education
- Agree to provide an annual report to Arthritis NSW on how the funds have been used.
- Be prepared to be featured as a case study in either Arthritis Matters, and/or a fundraising appeal.
Award amount: Scholarships are valued at up to $2,000.
How to apply: To learn more about the Alison Watson Scholarship and to download an application form, please visit the Alison Watson Scholarship webpage.
Closing date: 31 March 2015
Each year Youth Off the Streets offers scholarships to over 20 young people to pursue further education, so they can realise their potential for a positive future.
Eligibility: Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents and must be between the ages of 16 and 21 as at September 2015. Applicants must have a clear need for financial assistance.
Award amount: Scholarships are valued at $6,000.
How to apply: For more information and to download the application form, please visit the Youth Off the Streets National Scholarship Program website.
Closing date: 3 April 2015
The Joyce Black Memorial Carillon Scholarship was established by the Chancellors Committee in 2010 and is awarded annually under the following conditions:
- The successful applicant shall be called the Carillon Scholar. Only one Carillon Scholar may be appointed in one year.
- The Joyce Black Memorial Carillon Scholarship shall be held for one year only, but may be renewed for a second year. Candidates will normally be eligible to hold the award for no more than two successive years.
- The scholarship cannot be deferred.
- The Carillonist may, if considered necessary, ask applicants for the scholarship to submit themselves to tests in carillon playing.
- The Scholar will have the privilege of playing on the University carillon and may be provided with an opportunity to give recitals and to play at University functions.
- The value of the scholarship shall commence at $1,000 per annum and will be indexed regularly in accordance with the Consumer Price Index. In addition, tuition in carillon playing may be provided to the Carillon Scholar.
How to apply: Expressions of interest should be emailed or sent to Trish Dimasi at the below address:
Scholarships and Financial Support Service
Level 5, Jane Foss Russell Bldg (GO2)
University of Sydney 2006
Phone: 02 8627 0426
Closing date: 26 March 2015
Each semester Aqua Vista Glass offers five scholarships to students throughout Australia studying an education degree (undergraduate or postgraduate) with a focus on physical education.
The directors of Aqua Vista Glass will assess applications based on a range of factors including each candidate’s:
- demonstrated interest in teaching physical education;
- demonstrated participation in community-based sport;
- evidence of academic achievement; and
- planned use of the funds to advance their education as teachers.
Individual students are only eligible to receive one scholarship. Successful applicants will not be considered for future Aqua Vista Glass scholarships.
Eligibility and requirements:
To apply for the scholarship, candidates should:
- be studying an education degree (whether undergraduate or postgraduate), with a desire to enter the teaching profession;
- submit an essay of no more than one page (300 words) outlining their interest in and background in teaching physical education, as well as how they intend to use the scholarship proceeds to advance their goal of teaching physical education; and
- submit a formal transcript of their academic results.
Award amount: $2,000
How to apply: For further information, and to lodge your application for an Aqua Vista Glass Physical Education Scholarship, please visit the Aqua Vista website.
Closing date: 15 April 2015