Prizes and Bursaries
- University of Sydney Advertised Bursaries Closes 24 April 2015
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework scholarships
- Bernard Lee Scholarship for the Blind Closes 30 April 2015
- The Zonta Club of Northern Beaches Inc. Study Grant for Women
- Sydney Research Awards and Scholarships 2015 Closes 27 March 2015
- Alison Watson Scholarship Closes 31 March 2015
- Youth Off the Streets National Scholarship Program Closes 3 April 2015
- 2015 Australian Collaborative Education Network Student Scholarships Closes 10 April 2015
- Aqua Vista Glass Physical Education Teaching Scholarships Closes 15 April 2015
- The Australia Day Foundation UK Trust Closes 30 April 2015
- The Defence University Sponsorship
The Zonta Club of the Northern Beaches Inc. are seeking applications for a study grant from women who reside on the Northern Beaches, are experiencing hardship/financial difficulty and who are currently studying at a tertiary level.
The objective of the study grant is to provide Northern Beaches women with some funding so that they can achieve a successful outcome with their studies at a tertiary level.
- Must reside on the Northern Beaches
- Must show evidence of hardship and financial difficulty
- There must clear evidence of successful completion of twelve months of study in the current course of study
How to apply: Fill in the application form and return to:
Status of Women Committee
Zonta Club of Northern Beaches
PO Box 1088
Mona Vale NSW 2103
The Defence University Sponsorship is the perfect way to make university life more manageable and provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in your degree. The sponsorship is available to undergraduate or graduate students studying an accredited degree at any recognised university in Australia. As a sponsored student you will receive a salary to study, your HELP and student fees covered from when sponsorship starts and many other benefits. For more information please visit http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/education/universitysponsorship/.
Each year, Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW awards up to 3 Alison Watson Scholarships to students medically diagnosed with arthritis.
The purpose of the Alison Watson Scholarship is to assist students affected by arthritis to continue or resume their education and thus give them a better opportunity to achieve their life goals.
Eligibility: To be eligible to receive an Alison Watson Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a resident in NSW
- Have a medical diagnosis of arthritis
- Be attending a school, TAFE, university or other approved educational institution
- Be aged under 25 years
- Be able to demonstrate that the Scholarship will significantly enhance their capacity to complete their education
- Agree to provide an annual report to Arthritis NSW on how the funds have been used.
- Be prepared to be featured as a case study in either Arthritis Matters, and/or a fundraising appeal.
Award amount: Scholarships are valued at up to $2,000.
How to apply: To learn more about the Alison Watson Scholarship and to download an application form, please visit the Alison Watson Scholarship webpage.
Closing date: 31 March 2015
Each year Youth Off the Streets offers scholarships to over 20 young people to pursue further education, so they can realise their potential for a positive future.
Eligibility: Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents and must be between the ages of 16 and 21 as at September 2015. Applicants must have a clear need for financial assistance.
Award amount: Scholarships are valued at $6,000.
How to apply: For more information and to download the application form, please visit the Youth Off the Streets National Scholarship Program website.
Closing date: 3 April 2015
Each semester Aqua Vista Glass offers five scholarships to students throughout Australia studying an education degree (undergraduate or postgraduate) with a focus on physical education.
The directors of Aqua Vista Glass will assess applications based on a range of factors including each candidate’s:
- demonstrated interest in teaching physical education;
- demonstrated participation in community-based sport;
- evidence of academic achievement; and
- planned use of the funds to advance their education as teachers.
Individual students are only eligible to receive one scholarship. Successful applicants will not be considered for future Aqua Vista Glass scholarships.
Eligibility and requirements:
To apply for the scholarship, candidates should:
- be studying an education degree (whether undergraduate or postgraduate), with a desire to enter the teaching profession;
- submit an essay of no more than one page (300 words) outlining their interest in and background in teaching physical education, as well as how they intend to use the scholarship proceeds to advance their goal of teaching physical education; and
- submit a formal transcript of their academic results.
Award amount: $2,000
How to apply: For further information, and to lodge your application for an Aqua Vista Glass Physical Education Scholarship, please visit the Aqua Vista website.
Closing date: 15 April 2015
This Scholarship was established in 2004 by a bequest from Mr Bernard Lee who died in 1997. To be considered for this award, applicants must be aged less than 35 years, be performing at a meritorious level and provide supporting documents as confirmation of blindness.
Award amount: $5,000
How to apply: Expressions of interest, along with supporting documents should be emailed to:
Closing date: 30 April 2015
The Australian Collaborative Education Network (ACEN) is the professional association for practitioners and researchers from the tertiary education sector, industry, community and government who are involved in a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) in Australia.
The 2015 ACEN Student Scholarship provides financial support for students undertaking a WIL placement in a regional or remote area of Australia as part of their university studies. There are eight scholarships available for students in 2015.
Eligibility: Applicants must be studying a postgraduate or undergraduate degree program which requires a WIL placement as part of their studies, and the placement must be in a regional or remote area, requiring relocation. Both domestic and international applicants are eligible to apply.
Award amount: Scholarships are valued at $1,500 each.
How to apply: For further information and to complete an online application, please visit the ACEN scholarship website.
Closing date: 10 April 2015