Prizes and Bursaries
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework scholarships
- Lendlease Bradfield Urbanisation Scholarship Applications close 11.59pm 29 July 2016
- Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students Applications close 23 September 2016
- International House Scholarships Closing dates vary
- The Defence University Sponsorship
- Hubei Provincial Government Scholarship for International Students
The Lendlease Bradfield Urbanisation Scholarship recognises and honours the work of John Bradfield. It aims to encourage academic excellence and creativity in first and second year undergraduate students in studies related to urbanism.
- The scholarship is open to Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia and/or international students enrolled at the University of Sydney, at the time of application, undertaking first year or second year undergraduate degree studies with a Weighted Average Mark at or above distinction (75%) level.
- Students must be studying disciplines related to urbanism including, without limitation, urban development, urban planning, urban design, project finance, project/facilities management or engineering AND be enrolled in an undergraduate degree in one of the following faculties in 2016:
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- University of Sydney Business School
- Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning
- Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies
The applicant must submit an application online and provide a summary (up to 1000 words) of their idea of "How to turn Sydney into a first tier city"
If short-listed, applicants must:
- Present their idea within 3 minutes (using a prop, diorama, PowerPoint, or short video) to a selection panel including the University’s Vice-Chancellor, Faculty and Bradfield group representatives (including CEO of Lendlease)
- Agree to share any video content on social media
- Attend the award event on 26 October 2016
- Become an ambassador for the Lendlease Bradfield Urbanisation Scholarship.
The scholarship will be awarded at $10,000 per annum and will be tenable for the duration of the student's degree (see Terms and Conditions for details)
How to Apply:
Applications for the Lendlease Bradfield Scholarship have now closed
The Defence University Sponsorship is the perfect way to make university life more manageable and provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in your degree. The sponsorship is available to undergraduate or graduate students studying an accredited degree at any recognised university in Australia. As a sponsored student you will receive a salary to study, your HELP and student fees covered from when sponsorship starts and many other benefits. For more information please visit the Defence University Sponsorship website.
The Embassy of Mexico has the honour to announce that the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID) has opened the applications for the 2017 Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students.
The program offers scholarships to study a specialization, a master's degree or doctorate, conducting graduate or postdoctoral research, or take part in an undergraduate or graduate-level academic mobility program in a Mexican Institution.
Applications must be submitted the Embassy of Mexico in Australia by the 23rd of September.
For further details, please refer to the Embassy of Mexico's website
Walter and Eliza Hall were active philanthropists during their life together. Following her husband’s death Eliza set up a million pound charitable trust in 1912 calling it the Walter and Eliza Hall Trust, as a means of assisting those in need. Since that time the Trust has helped thousands of Australians to reach their full potential as a result of the Trust’s support and encouragement.
The Trust has made four scholarships of one year duration, available each year, to Australian citizens who are students at The University of Sydney. One scholarship per year is available to a student within the Sydney Nursing School. Two scholarships per year are available for students within the University of Sydney Faculty of Education and Social Work including one specifically for a student studying special needs. These scholarships require the applicant to have already completed at least 48 credit points of study. A further scholarship is available for a student with a physical disability enrolled in any faculty at the University of Sydney. This applicant can be a commencing or a continuing student.
Scholarships are valued at $6,000 for one year paid in semester amounts of $3,000.
Successful candidates will be required to submit a one page report toward the end of the scholarship stating how the scholarship funds have been used and how the funds have assisted the study progress of the candidate.
- Applicants will have good academic standing with an appropriate background for the scholarship being applied for.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial hardship through evidence of Austudy, ABSTUDY, Youth Allowance or other payments from the Department of Human Services.
How to apply: Applications for the 2016 Walter and Eliza Hall Scholarships are now closed.