Prizes and Bursaries
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework scholarships
- Walter and Eliza Hall Scholarships Close 8 January 2016
- Honours Scholarships 2016 Close 8 January 2016
- International House Scholarships Several scholarships close 15 January 2016
- Sydney Southeast Asia Centre Honours Scholarship 2016 Closes 22 February 2016
- 2016 Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarship Closes 25 January 2016
- Beryl Wilson Austrade Scholarship for Women in International Business Closes 31 January 2016
- The Defence University Sponsorship
The Defence University Sponsorship is the perfect way to make university life more manageable and provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in your degree. The sponsorship is available to undergraduate or graduate students studying an accredited degree at any recognised university in Australia. As a sponsored student you will receive a salary to study, your HELP and student fees covered from when sponsorship starts and many other benefits. For more information please visit the Defence University Sponsorship website.
Walter and Eliza Hall were active philanthropists during their life together. Following her husband’s death Eliza set up a million pound charitable trust in 1912 calling it the Walter and Eliza Hall Trust, as a means of assisting those in need. Since that time the Trust has helped thousands of Australians to reach their full potential as a result of the Trust’s support and encouragement.
The Trust has made four scholarships of one year duration, available each year, to Australian citizens who are students at The University of Sydney. One scholarship per year is available to a student within the Sydney Nursing School. Two scholarships per year are available for students within the University of Sydney Faculty of Education and Social Work including one specifically for a student studying special needs. These scholarships require the applicant to have already completed at least 48 credit points of study. A further scholarship is available for a student with a physical disability enrolled in any faculty at the University of Sydney. This applicant can be a commencing or a continuing student.
Scholarships are valued at $6,000 for one year paid in semester amounts of $3,000.
Successful candidates will be required to submit a one page report toward the end of the scholarship stating how the scholarship funds have been used and how the funds have assisted the study progress of the candidate.
- Applicants will have good academic standing with an appropriate background for the scholarship being applied for.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial hardship through evidence of Austudy, ABSTUDY, Youth Allowance or other payments from the Department of Human Services.
How to apply: Please click here for the application form. Please read the introductory text to ensure that you meet the scholarship applicant criteria.
Closing Date: 8 January 2016