Prizes and Bursaries
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework scholarships
- The Zonta Club of Northern Beaches Inc. Study Grant for Women
- Charlie Bell Scholarship for Future Leaders 2016 Closes 2 November 2015
- NAHSSS Allied Health Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships 2016
- The Space Environment Research Centre Undergraduate Scholarships 2016 Close 30 November 2015
- A Better Australia Scholarship 2015 Closes 31 December 2015
- Zado’s 2015 High Achievers Scholarship Program Closes 31 December 2015
- AHEPA Ippokratis Medical Awards 2016 Closes 31 December 2015
- The Defence University Sponsorship
- The Australian Federation of Graduate Women - ACT Branch Accommodation Bursary Closes 30 October 2015
The Zonta Club of the Northern Beaches Inc. are seeking applications for a study grant from women who reside on the Northern Beaches, are experiencing hardship/financial difficulty and who are currently studying at a tertiary level.
The objective of the study grant is to provide Northern Beaches women with some funding so that they can achieve a successful outcome with their studies at a tertiary level.
- Must reside on the Northern Beaches
- Must show evidence of hardship and financial difficulty
- There must clear evidence of successful completion of twelve months of study in the current course of study
How to apply: Fill in the application form and return to:
Status of Women Committee
Zonta Club of Northern Beaches
PO Box 1088
Mona Vale NSW 2103
The Defence University Sponsorship is the perfect way to make university life more manageable and provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in your degree. The sponsorship is available to undergraduate or graduate students studying an accredited degree at any recognised university in Australia. As a sponsored student you will receive a salary to study, your HELP and student fees covered from when sponsorship starts and many other benefits. For more information please visit the Defence University Sponsorship website.
The Australian Federation of Graduate Women – ACT Branch is offering residential accommodation for up to four weeks at the Australian National University, Canberra to a woman graduate or final year honours student from a university or equivalent institution in Australia, New Zealand, Papua-New Guinea or South Pacific countries. Preference may be given to applicants who are members of the International Federation of University Women. Canberra residents are ineligible. The Bursary will be available during 4 to 30 January 2016.
How to apply: For further information and how to apply, please download the application form.
Closing date: 30 October 2015
The Expert Editor awards one $1000 scholarship each year to a student in Australia intent on making the country a better place.
Eligibility: Applicants must be:
- A student (undergraduate or postgraduate) currently enrolled in a degree.
- An Australian citizen, or permanent resident. International students are welcome to apply, but they must demonstrate how they will see through their change-making agenda after they graduate.
How to apply: To be awarded this scholarship, students must outline in around 200 words how they intend to change Australia. Please email your entry to and include your name, university and contact details.
For more information, please visit the Expert Editor scholarship website.
Closing date: 31 December 2015
Zado is offering high achieving university students a scholarship to be used towards tuition fees, book expenses and/or any other verified institutional costs.
Eligibility: Provided they meet the following conditions, we welcome all students to apply regardless of their geographical location:
- Students must be enrolled full-time or part-time at an accredited education institute.
- Students must be studying a Bachelors, Masters, Honours or Postgraduate Degree.
- Students must have a Credit Average WAM or higher across all their subjects.
- Students must be Australian Citizens or Australian Permanent Residents.
We actively encourage students from rural locations to also apply.
Award amount: Zado will award the winning student with $2,000.
How to apply: Students should apply via email to , with the subject as “Your Name – 2015 Scholarship Application.” Students will also need to ensure that the following has been attached in a SINGLE document:
- A cover letter that outlines the student’s educational background, experience, skills and interests.
- The student’s latest academic transcript.
- The student’s response to the short essay question,” In 500 words or less, explain how Zado’s scholarship program will help you meet your future goals?”
For more information, please see the Zado scholarship website.
Closing date: 31 December 2015
AHEPA (Australian Hellenic Educational Progressive Association) is an organisation aimed at fostering Australian and Greek relations by actively promoting awareness of the Hellenic culture and language through cultural, educational, charitable and social events and activities.
The two main goals of AHEPA are:
- To promote public interest in and awareness of the Hellenic culture and language both in the Greek community and wider Australian society.
- To raise funds for philanthropic works, organisations and welfare appeals.
Chapter Ippokratis, the medical events arm of AHEPA, has a strong commitment to the provision of support in the medical field. The Chapter’s initiatives range from organising presentations by health professionals on topics such as thalassemia and diabetes to providing support in areas as medical research and aged care.
As an expression of AHEPA’s recognition of the importance of medical education, they would like to offer preferably a final year medical student the opportunity to visit Greece. It is hoped that the recipient of the award will gain an insight into the Hellenic culture and medical system and, in turn, be able to provide an optimal and culturally sensitive medical service to Australian-Greeks in the future.
- The student preferably must be a final year medical school student and of Greek heritage.
- The student must demonstrate strong academic achievement.
- The student must demonstrate a keen interest in Hellenic culture and issues such as migrant and public health.
How to apply: Please forward a one-page letter addressing the selection criteria and curriculum vitae to and/or .
For more information, please send an email to and/or .
Closing Date: 31 December 2015
The Space Environment Research Centre (SERC) in Canberra is offering scholarships for undergraduate students nearing the completion of their degree. These scholarships are valued at $5,000 for one year and include the option to apply for exciting short-term placements at Australian and international space research centres.
Study can be in a broad range of fields including Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Dynamic database management, Adaptive optics, Astrodynamics, Atmospheric sciences, Geodesy, Astrophysics, Geomatics, Laser engineering, Laser guide star adaptive optics, Laser physics, Satellite positioning, Space sciences, and Space tracking.
How to apply: Please see the SERC website for more information. The application form is available here.
Closing Date: 30 November 2015
Services for Australian Rural and Remote Allied Health (SARRAH) administers the Allied Health undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships under the Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme (NAHSSS). Funding is provided by the Department of Health and this national program supports health professionals and future health professionals to train and practice in geographic and clinical areas of need. Applicants must be Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents.
How to apply: For more information and how to apply, please visit the SARRAH website.
Closing Date for undergraduate scholarship: 3 November 2015
Closing Date for postgraduate scholarship: 15 October 2015
In recognition of the contribution made by the former McDonald's Corporation CEO, Charlie Bell, a scholarship for future leaders has been created in his name. The Charlie Bell Scholarship for Future Leaders will reward successful candidates with a contribution of up to $15,000 towards tuition fees for their chosen undergraduate or post graduate study.
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- gain acceptance to or be enrolled in, an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at an Australian University;
- be available to commence university or continue university, as the case may be, in semester 1, 2016;
- in respect of the Employee Award, the applicant must be employed by McDonald’s or its franchisees;
- not have been a previous recipient of the Charlie Bell Scholarship for Future Leaders; and
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident.
How to apply: For more information and how to apply, please visit the McDonald's website.
Closing Date: 2 November 2015