Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework Scholarships
- Summer Scholarship in Human Networks and Behaviour Closes 6 December 2013
- Undergraduate Summer Scholarship in Materials Research Closes 10 December 2013
- University of Sydney Access Scholarships Close 3 January 2014
- Equity scholarships Close 3 January 2014
- Honours Scholarships Close 10 January 2014
- Graduate Entry Program Scholarships Close 17 January 2014
- David Clarke Memorial Scholarship (sports - rugby union) Close 17 January 2014
- Phillip Jacoby Scholarship in Alzheimer's Dementia Research Close 17 January 2014
- Elizabeth Brennan Scholarship Close 14 February 2014
- NSW Regional Dentistry Scholarship Close 17 February 2014
A summer scholarship is available for students enrolled in a Bachelor of Project Management.
This cross-disciplinary research explores human networks and behavior in various contexts such as in a project environment. Topics explored include leadership, psychology, sociology, self-organisation, systems thinking as well as social and complex networks. Some simple interventions are introduced to measure effects on productivity, engagement, well-being and morale in an organisation or goal-oriented environment. Students can focus on a particular intervention or can consider the effect of multiple and often interdependent variables. There may be also opportunities to collaborate with experts in other interrelated disciplines.
Eligibility: Applicants must be currently enrolled (full time) with the University of Sydney and have successfully completed at least one year of their course prior to the commencement of the scholarship. Students may use the experience gained from their research projects towards the professional experience component of ENGG4000.
Amount Awarded: The scholarship is valued at $4,500 over a period of 12 weeks. The completion date will depend on individual agreements between the student and their supervisor regarding Christmas holidays etc., but not to be extended beyond 31 March of the following semester. The scholarship amount will be paid in 2 instalments of $ 2,250.00, with the 1st instalment being paid on commencement and the final payment being made two weeks before project completion.
Application Guide: Further information can be obtained from Dr Michael Harre, School of Civil Engineering (J05), The University of Sydney NSW 2006 (Phone: 02 9114 1124 ; Fax: 02 9351 3343; E-mail: email@example.com). Applications should be sent direct to Dr Michael Harre at the above address and should include a curriculum vitae and a copy of an academic transcript.
Closing Date: 6 December 2013
A scholarship will be provided to give an opportunity to participate in a summer research project of 10 weeks duration. The project involves using state-of-the-art electron microscopy techniques, including the transmission Kikuchi diffraction technique for the orientation mapping of nanocrystalline materials, to study the relationships of materials processing, microstructure and mechanical properties of nanocrystalline metallic materials.
Eligibility: Applicants should have at least 3 semesters of experience in the school of Aerospace, Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering with a distinction average.
Amount Awarded: Two payments comprising $3,000 in total and the opportunity to gain valuable materials research experience using advanced microscopy techniques.
Applications close 10 December 2013
The Zonta Club of the Northern Beaches Inc. are seeking applications for a study grant from women who reside on the Northern Beaches, are experiencing hardship/financial difficulty and who are currently studying at a tertiary level.
The objective of the study grant is to provide Northern Beaches women with some funding so that they can achieve a successful outcome with their studies at a tertiary level.
- Must reside on the Northern Beaches
- Must show evidence of hardship and financial difficulty
- There must clear evidence of successful completion of twelve months of study in the current course of study
How to apply: Fill in the application form and return to:
Status of Women Committee
Zonta Club of Northern Beaches
PO Box 1088
Mona Vale NSW 2103