Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework scholarships
- Dean’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Undergraduate Scholarship Closes 3 March 2015
- The Zonta Club of Northern Beaches Inc. Study Grant for Women
- 2015 Horizon Scholarship Closes 30 January 2015
- 2015 AINSE Honours Scholarship Closes 15 February 2015
- NSW Regional Dentistry Scholarship Closes 16 February 2015
- St John Ambulance Australia Honours Research Scholarships 2015 Closes 27 February 2015
- 2015 Gallipoli Scholarship and Bill Hall Memorial Scholarship Closes 1 March 2015
- Centre for International Finance and Regulation & Capital Markets CRC Limited Honours Scholarship Program 2015 Closes 13 March 2015
- Sugar Research Institute Scholarship Closes 20 March 2015
- The Defence University Sponsorship
The Zonta Club of the Northern Beaches Inc. are seeking applications for a study grant from women who reside on the Northern Beaches, are experiencing hardship/financial difficulty and who are currently studying at a tertiary level.
The objective of the study grant is to provide Northern Beaches women with some funding so that they can achieve a successful outcome with their studies at a tertiary level.
- Must reside on the Northern Beaches
- Must show evidence of hardship and financial difficulty
- There must clear evidence of successful completion of twelve months of study in the current course of study
How to apply: Fill in the application form and return to:
Status of Women Committee
Zonta Club of Northern Beaches
PO Box 1088
Mona Vale NSW 2103
The Defence University Sponsorship is the perfect way to make university life more manageable and provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in your degree. The sponsorship is available to undergraduate or graduate students studying an accredited degree at any recognised university in Australia. As a sponsored student you will receive a salary to study, your HELP and student fees covered from when sponsorship starts and many other benefits. For more information please visit http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/education/universitysponsorship/.
The Sugar Research Institute Scholarship (SRIS) aims to encourage the participation of high calibre students in the Australian sugar industry.
Eligibility: Funding is available for undergraduate students undertaking an engineering and /or technical degree at an Australian university or tertiary institution. Applicants must demonstrate academic performance and be able to undertake three periods of work placement over an 18 month period (12 weeks in total) during semester breaks.
Applicants must also be:
- A penultimate year student undertaking an engineering and/or technical degree at an Australian university or tertiary institution
- Able to undertake three periods of work placement over an 18 month period (12 weeks in total) during semester breaks
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident
Award amount: $7,500 (paid in three instalments of $2,500)
How to apply: Please visit the Sugar Research Institute website for further information on how to apply and where to find the application form.
Closing date: 20 March 2015
This Scholarship will be awarded to 2 Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander undergraduate students who are commencing the Bachelor of Applied Science (Speech Pathology) or the Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) in the Faculty of Health Sciences. The scholarship will be awarded based on both academic achievement and a 1 page personal statement that describes leadership experience, future career goals and reason for choice of degree.
Eligibility: Applications are opened to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders only. Students must commence their studies in the next academic year.
Amount awarded: The scholarship is valued at $6,000 in a one off payment.
Application guide: Further information and the Application Form can be obtained from http://sydney.edu.au/health-sciences/future-students/scholarships-awards/aboriginal-torres-strait.shtml
Applications are to be sent to
Closing date: 3 March 2015
Centre for International Finance and Regulation & Capital Markets CRC Limited Honours Scholarship Program 2015
The Centre for International Finance and Regulation (CIFR) and the Capital Markets Cooperative Research Centre (CMCRC) are offering a prestigious opportunity for up to 15 students with a demonstrated interest in financial regulation.
This scholarship opportunity will provide each selected student with:
- Valuable industry exposure
- Individualised feedback on their work
- Invitations to exclusive CIFR events
- The opportunity to present their work to a senior audience
Award value: up to $15,000
Eligibility: Applicants must be
- Currently studying an Undergraduate or Master’s degree and eligible to enter an
Honours or equivalent research program in accounting, actuarial studies, economics,
finance or law at UNSW Australia; The University of Sydney; University of Technology,
Sydney; Macquarie University; The Australian National University; or The University
of Melbourne; and
- planning to undertake research relevant to financial market regulators and other
International students are encouraged to apply
How to apply: Please visit the CIFR & CMCRC website directly to learn how to apply or contact Madeline Johan on (02)9931 9383.
Closing date: 13 March 2015
School leavers looking to start an agriculture-related degree are encouraged to apply for the prestigious Horizon Scholarship. The Horizon Scholarship has been developed to support the next generation of agricultural leaders, who will take up the challenge of farming for the future.
The Horizon Scholarship is an initiative of the Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation that, in partnership with industry sponsors, supports undergraduates studying agriculture at university by providing:
- A bursary of $5,000 per year for the duration of their degree
- Professional development workshops and mentoring
- Annual industry work placements that give students first-hand exposure to modern agricultural practices, and
- Opportunities to network and gain knowledge at a range of industry events.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Horizon Scholarship students must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident entering their first year of university (with a maximum two year gap between high school and tertiary study), studying a degree related to agriculture, such as:
How to apply: Please read the Horizon Scholarship terms and conditions and then fill out an application form on the Horizon website.
Closing date: 30 January 2015
The NSW Regional Dentistry Scholarship aims to support a commencing undergraduate dentistry student with strong links to regional New South Wales to train for a professional dental career. The scholarship is awarded annually to a student commencing dentistry studies.
Award amount: $4,800
How to apply: Applications must be lodged via email. For full guidelines, eligibility criteria and application form, please visit the NSW Regional Dentistry Scholarship website.
Closing date: 16 February 2015
St John Ambulance Australia is offering three scholarships for Honours students undertaking research which supports first aid practice.
Eligibility: The scholarships are available for Honours students undertaking first aid related research in 2015.
Award amount: $5,000
How to apply: In order to be awarded the scholarship you will need to submit ethics approval documentation, a project outline and an agreement to publish a report of the research and to acknowledge St John scholarship funding in any reports, presentations and publications.
Applications must be submitted via email to
Please see the St John scholarship website for more details.
Closing date: 27 February 2015
Applications are now open for the 2015 Gallipoli Scholarship and Bill Hall Memorial Scholarship, which are designed to help commencing students finance the first year of a degree as well as perpetuate an understanding of the enduring Gallipoli tradition.
Eligible applicants of the Gallipoli Scholarship must be lineal descendants of an Australian World War I ex-serviceman or ex-servicewoman, or for the Bill Hall Memorial Scholarship, a lineal descendant of an Australian World War II veteran.
Award amount: $5,000
How to apply: To apply, applicants must write an essay to demonstrate their understanding of the Gallipoli tradition, or of the battle of Milne Bay for the Bill Hall Memorial Scholarship.They must also provide their family tree tracing their relationship back to the WWI or WWII veteran.
Visit the Gallipoli Scholarship website for more details on eligibility, selection criteria and how to apply.
Closing date: 1 March 2015
Applications are now open for AINSE Honours Scholarships for 2015, valued at $5,000.
Selection of the successful candidates will be largely based on academic merit.
Eligibility: Applicants must be enrolled in an Honours program at the University and be conducting their research at ANSTO.
How to apply: Interested students should email for more information and to request an application form. Completed application forms, including a supervisor statement, must be emailed with academic transcripts back to AINSE by the closing date.
Closing date: 15 February 2015