Collaborations with Industry
The Behaviour and Genetics of Social Insects Lab project "Marker Assisted Selection Of Honey Bees" collaborating with the Australian Honey Bee Industry Council
PROFESSOR MIKE THOMPSON
Extinction of turtles in the River Murray: Consequences and Solutions
ARC Linkage grant with Ricky Spencer at UWS, M.B. Thompson at Usyd, Arthur Georges at University of Canberra and Bruce Chessman at UNSW, with the following industry partners:
- Victorian Department of Sustainability and Environment (N. Clemann)
- Yorta Yorta Nation Aboriginal Corporation (L. Joachim),
- North Central Catchment Management Authority (T. Gibson)
- Foundation for National Parks & Wildlife (S. Bradshaw)
- Save Lake Bonney Group Inc. (T. Broster)
- Winton Wetlands Committee of Management Incorporated (M. Saunders).
has collaborations with:
- WA Department of Parks and Wildlife (David Pearson)
- Sutherland Shire Council (Stewart Harris)
- Springstar Pty Ltd (Michael Banfield)
- Australian Reptile Park (John Weigel)
Dieter Hochuli has several collaborations with Gerry Cassis at the Australian Museum, funded by an Environmental Trust grant "Hidden Losses: Identifying Coextinction of Fauna on Threatened Plants". It ran from 2006-2008.
Clare McArthur, Mathew Crowther and Katherine Tuft (PhD candidate) are collaborating with Todd Soderquist and Mark Fosdick of the Department of Environment and Conservation on "Interactions between Rock-wallabies, sympatric macropods and fire in the Warrumbungles National Park". Duration of the project: 2006-2009.