Leadership and Outreach
Liz Biology Olympiad Training
More information soon.
- Member of Education and Outreach Group for the Encyclopedia of Life Project (2007 to present) http://www.eol.org/index
- Member of Birds in Backyards Program steering committee (a joint initiative between Birds Australia and the Australian Museum) 1996 - present
- Member of review committee for ALTC (Carrick Institute) National Citations 2008
- Member of organising committee National Conference of Science Associate Deans Sydney 2008
- Member of Local Organising Committee Ecological Society of Australia conference Sydney 2008
- Coordinator of high school student program ESA conference 2008
- Convenor of Science teachers field education workshop ESA conference 2008
- Coordinator: Faculties of Science Tutor and Demonstrator Devlopment Program http://www.usyd.edu.au/su/SCH/courses/tutortraining/index.html
- Coordinator: Faculties of Science Learning and Teaching Showcase http://www.usyd.edu.au/su/SCH/courses/showcase/showcase2006/
- Involved with the Wantok Club as a committee member (2004-2005). This is a Papua New Guinean social networking club. Osu was actively involved with supporting visiting international students.
- Convener in the University of Sydney, Centre for Continuing Education University Preparation Course (2004-present) for mature aged students wishing to enter tertiary education.
- Provides classroom help at Riverwood Public School one day a week (2006 – present)
- Involved in organizing conferences and showcases on T&L (UniServe Science, University)
- Provided staff development through TASEAP sponsored visits to Thailand and hosted visits by Thai science academics in Sydney