Scientific Papers in Refereed Journals 2016 -
Where possible, links to pdfs and free content on journal websites have been added.
Otherwise to request a reprint please contact
King's skink, Rottnest Island (Egernia kingii)
873. Cook, T. R., X. Bonnet, T. Fauvel, R. Shine, and F. Brischoux. 2016. Foraging behaviour and energy budgets of sea snakes from New Caledonia: insights from implanted data-loggers. Journal of Zoology: in press.
874. Clarke, G. S., M. R. Crossland, and R. Shine. 2016. Can we control the invasive cane toad using chemicals that have evolved under intraspecific competition? Ecological Applications: in press.
875. Ujvari, B., G. P. Brown, R. Shine, and T. Madsen. 2016. Floods and famine: climate-induced collapse of a tropical predator-prey community. Functional Ecology: in press.
876. Brown, G. P., C. Kelehear, L. Pizzatto, and R. Shine. 2016. The impact of lungworm parasites on rates of dispersal of their anuran host, the invasive cane toad. Biological Invasions 18:103-114.
877. Crossland, M. R., T. Haramura, and R. Shine. 2016. Fejervarya sakishimensis (Sakishima Rice Frog). Observation of a terrestrial beetle larva (Family Caribidae) as a frog predator in Japan. Herpetological Review: in press.
878. Witjethunga, U., M. Greenlees, and R. Shine. 2016. Living up to its name? The effect of salinity on development, growth and phenotype of the "marine" toad (Rhinella marina). Journal of Comparative Physiology B: in press.
879. Ducatez, S., M. Crossland, and R. Shine. 2016. Differences in developmental strategies between long-settled and invasion front populations of the cane toad in Australia. Journal of Evolutionary Biology: in press.
880. Ward-Fear, G., D. J. Pearson, G. P. Brown, Balanggarra Rangers, and R. Shine. 2016. Ecological immunization: in situ training of free-ranging predatory lizards reduces their vulnerability to invasive toxic prey. Biology Letters 12:20150863.
881. Ballen, C., R. Shine, R. M. Andrews, and M. Olsson. 2016. Multifactorial sex determination in a chameleon. Journal of Herpetology: in press.
882. Mayer, M., R. Shine, and G. P. Brown. 2016. Bigger babies are bolder: effects of body size on personality of hatchling snakes. Behaviour: in press.