Published Research Reports
- Shine, R. 1986. Diets and abundances of aquatic and semi-aquatic reptiles of the Alligator Rivers Region. Supervising Scientist for the Alligator Rivers Region, Technical Memorandum 16:1-54.
- Shine, R. 1994. The biology and management of diamond pythons (Morelia s. spilota) and carpet pythons (M. s. variegata). Species Management Report Number 15, New South Wales National Parks and Wildlife Service (50 pages).
- Shine, R., G. P. Brown, B. L. Phillips, J. K. Webb, and M. Hagman. 2006. The biology, impact and control of cane toads: an overview of the University of Sydney's research program. Pp. 18-32 in Proceedings of the Cane Toad Workshop, CRC for Invasive Animals, Brisbane June 2006.
- Alford, R. A., L. Schwarzkopf, G. P. Brown, B. L. Phillips, and R. Shine. 2006. Characteristics of Bufo marinus in old and recently established populations. Pp. 42-46 in Proceedings of the Cane Toad Workshop, CRC for Invasive Animals, Brisbane June 2006.
- Capon R. J., R. A. Hayes, M. Hagman, and R. Shine. 2008. Cane toad chemical ecology: controlling an invasive pest. Planta Medica 74:1134-1134.
- Shine, R., J. K. Webb, M. Greenlees, S. Price-Rees, and R. Somaweera. 2010. An update on University of Sydney research on cane toad biology, impact and control. Proceedings of the Kimberley Biodiversity Forum, Kununurra, April 2010.