Undergraduate - Scholarships & Prizes
Scholarships available in the Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney fall into two broad categories:
- Scholarships that you must apply for; and
- Scholarships that are awarded automatically, usually on the basis of ATAR or excellent performance in an HSC subject (or equivalent).
For the majority of the scholarships that must be applied for, a single application for a University of Sydney Undergraduate Scholarship is sufficient. This includes the Science Entry, the Science Alumni Entry, Olympiad and Science Alumni Achievement Scholarships. The application form can be obtained from your careers adviser or by calling the University’s Scholarships Unit. Information on filling out the application is available at the University of Sydney scholarships website.
It is not necessary to apply for scholarships that are awarded on the basis of ATAR alone.
Please visit the Faculty of Science Prizes & Scholarships page for more information.
Summer Research Project Scholarships
The Biological Sciences Summer Research Scholarships are a great way to gain research experience and an insight into research process while working alongside leading scientific researchers from the Biological Sciences. Find out more
Students who excel in their university studies may be eligible for one of the prizes listed below.
- Collie Prize for Junior Biology
- McGraw-Hill Prize for Academic Excellence in Concepts in Biology (Junior)
- McGraw-Hill Prize for Academic Excellence in Human Biology (Junior)
- McGraw-Hill Prize for Academic Excellence in Living Systems (Junior)
- Slade Prize in Junior Biology Practical
- Eleanor Chase Memorial Prize in Zoology (Intermediate)
- George Herbert Clarke Prize in Plant Morphology (Intermediate)
- Mary Besly Memorial Prize - Best Assignment in Area of Invertebrate Zoology (Intermediate)
- E N (Ted) O’Reilly Memorial Prize in Biology (Plant Physiology) (Senior)
- Haswell Prize for Biology (Senior)
- Eva Saunders Memorial Prize in Botany (Senior)
- Gabriella Wittman Prize for Genetics (Senior)
- G S Caird Scholarship in Zoology (Senior)
- G S Caird Scholarship in Botany (Senior)
- J. Allan Keast Award (Senior/Hopnours)