Below are details of some of the laboratory methods that we use. No responsibility is taken for their accuracy or precision, but feel free to e-mail suggestions as to how methods might be improved.
Capillary electrophoresis with UV-Vis or LIF detection
- Amino acids (underivatized) + sugars, inorganic anions and organic acids
- Inorganic anions and organic acids
- Metal cations and ammonium
Capillary electrophoresis- mass spectrometry
- coming soon!
Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry
- Derivatisation of amino acids with MTBSTFA (t-BDMS derivatives)
- Derivatisation of polar metabolites with MSTFA (MEOX TMS derivatives)
- GC-(EI)-MS analysis of t-BDMS derivatives of amino acids
- GC-(EI)-MS analysis of MEOX TMS derivatives
- GC-(CH4 CI)-MS analysis of MEOX TMS derivatives