scholarships & prizes
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN - Surface Coatings Association Australia Scholarship
We are now calling for applications for the Surface Coatings Association Australia (SCAA) Scholarship 2014. Established in 2002 from matching contributions by the SCAA and the University, the purpose of this scholarship is to foster the further advancement of education in coating fields.
The Scholarship shall be awarded to a student as a postgraduate top-up scholarship under the following conditions:
- The student must be enrolled in a MSc or PhD degree within the School of Chemistry and working in the area of surface coatings (including pigments, polymers, corrosion, weathering, adhesion and methods of manufacture).
- The student must be a current holder (or expect to hold) a postgraduate scholarship (APA, UPA, Gritton or equivalent).
- The student shall be chosen on merit by the selection committee comprising the Head of School of Chemistry or nominee, the Director of the Key Centre for Polymer Colloids, the Director of Postgraduate Studies or nominee and a nominee of the SCAA.
- The scholarship will be for one year and its value shall be determined by the selection committee.
Applications must include
- A curriculum vitae
- Copy of academic transcript
- Proof of current scholarship
- Names and contact details of at least two referees
Please send applications as a single PDF file to Jody Cutler at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, please contact Jody Cutler on the same email address or 9351 3328.
DEADLINE: COB 30 April 2014.
Please click here for information on annual Prizes and Scholarships for Junior, Intermediate, Senior, Honours and Postgraduate Chemistry students.
Please click here for information on Scholarships available to International Students.
The School of Chemistry will offer up to $4,000 to assist with relocation expenses for outstanding international students or students who have completed a Pass degree at a university outside the Sydney area and who enrol in the Honours program at The University of Sydney. There is no application form. Students who wish to be considered for these funds should submit a list of expenses incurred (eg., airfare, petrol money, removalist costs, etc.) plus original receipts, to the Honours Coordinator, School of Chemistry, as soon as they have enrolled and commenced their Honours year in the first week of February or July.