Postgraduate Forms

Please note:

Processes for managing Higher Degree by Research candidatures and thesis examinations will be moving to the HDR Administration Centre on 16 November 2015 and details provided on this site will be amended at that time. Students and staff will be notified about the changes via email. We thank you for your understanding and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Add unit, change attendance, supervisor or extend candidature (research students)

For changes to candidature, please log into MyUni. The following are available through your Sydney Student portal:

  • Application for credit
  • Application for suspension of candidature
  • Application for variation of enrolment
  • Application for waiver
  • Applying for a transfer
  • Change of supervisor
  • Extension of candidature
  • Re-enrolling after suspension of candidature
  • Request for discontinuation of studies
  • Suspending your candidature

Please refer to guide to documentation for HDR candidature variation. Please see an example of a detailed timeline for completion.

Discontinued not to count as failure (DC)
Use this DC application form only if you are requesting a DC after the advertised deadline.
Discontinued not to count as failure (DC) refers to discontiuing a unit of study without academic penalty, BUT you remain liable for the relevant Commonwealth Assistance liability or tuition fees for that unit of study. Normally, you can request a DC by varying your enrolment before the advertised DC deadline, but if you are requesting a DC after the deadline, then you must use the DC application form below.
Download the application form

Special arrangements
Special arrangements can be made if you will have difficulty submitting assessment tasks due to essential community commitments (eg. essential religious commitments, jury duty, Australian Defence Force commitment etc.)

Download the documentation guidelines

Download the application form
Special consideration
If your work during a teaching period or performance in an exam or assessment has been affected by serious illness or misadventure, you need to submit an Application for Special Consideration to the Faculty of Science within five days of the affected exam or assessment.
Download the documentation guidelines
Download the application form
Download a statutory declaration form
Read Frequently Asked Questions
More information >>

Academic Progression

The University monitors the progress of students in their studies. The Student Affairs Unit lists detailed information regarding the systems in place for the early detection of students who may be making poor or unsatisfactory progress in their course.

Visit the Staying on Track website for further information.

For PG Research students, the University uses the Annual Progress Review to monitor your candidature. Further information is available through the Higher Degree by Research Administration Centre.

PhD and MSc thesis forms
For students:
Contac the Higher Degree by Research Administration Centre

For supervisors:
Higher Degree by Research (MSc and PhD)
(Both the following forms are available at the PhD award sub-committee website)

Appointment of examiners form
Statement of supervisor on submission of doctoral thesis

Other useful postgraduate forms
Forms at the Student Centre website

Extension of library privileges after submission of thesis

Faculty of Science Important dates and deadlines