Pre-enrolment for undergraduate students

Pre-enrolment is compulsory for all students who are enrolled this year and who intend to continue their studies next year in the same degree.

What is pre-enrolment?

It is the process of selecting your next year’s units of study. Pre-enrolling is similar to the enrolment you completed at the beginning of your first year except you do it before the end of Semester 2, instead of in January. Most students can pre-enrol online via MyUni without having to come into the Faculty Office.

Why should I pre-enrol?

A successful pre-enrolment may save you some unnecessary anxiety next year. You can also avoid waiting at a lengthy enrolment session if you have pre-enrolled successfully.

Who should pre-enrol?

Everyone! If you aren't sure what to study, think you may have failed some exams or even if you've applied for a transfer, you should still pre-enrol. You can then vary your enrolment or discontinue your degree before the start of Semester 1 if necessary.

How do I pre-enrol?

Most students are required to pre-enrol online through MyUni (see the quick link to pre-enrolment on the MyUni homepage). Other students are required to lodge a paper pre-enrolment form (usually because they need special permission forms signed) at the Faculty of Science office. More information.

When do I need to pre-enrol?

Pre-enrolment normally commences in early October. If you are continuing your study next year in either semester, you are required to pre-enrol in the units of study you wish to undertake no later than:

  • End of October on paper, in person
    Students who cannot pre-enrol via their MyUni accounts (usually because they need special permission forms signed) can submit a paper pre-enrolment form at the Faculty of Science Office before the paper pre-enrolment deadline. Continuing Honours students also need to pre-enrol on paper. (Prospective/commencing honours students do not need to pre-enrol, but rather, enrol.)
  • Early November via MyUni (recommended for most students)
    Students having problems with enrolment on the web should:
    - check the up-to-date units of study to find the problem
    - check their degree requirements to find the problem
    - pre-enrol on paper if online pre-enrolment is still not possible
    See the web pre-enrolment deadline.

NB: Students will notice that the paper pre-enrolment deadline falls before the online pre-enrolment deadline. Students are advised not to wait until after the paper pre-enrolment deadline has passed before trying to pre-enrol - if you are able to pre-enrol via MyUni, you should do so from the beginning of October.

I've suspended my degree until Semester 1 next year - what do I do?

If you've suspended your enrolment (paused your studies) in your degree, and plan to resume your studies in Semester 1 next year you won't be able to pre-enrol.
Instead, you'll need to lodge a recommencement application form with the Faculty of Science Office.