Future Postgraduate Student Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for postgraduate coursework?
- Where do I find information on postgraduate coursework programs?
- How do I apply for postgraduate research?
- Where do I find information on postgraduate research programs?
- How can I search for a research supervisor and project?
- Do I need to supply original documentation with my application?
- Am I considered as a domestic applicant?
- Where can I find information for international students?
- Where can I find information on the cost of postgraduate study?
- Where can I find information on scholarships?
- Where do I find information on HECS and FEE-HELP?
- I've submitted my application, what happens next?
- I've received an offer, what now?
- Where do I find information on Semester dates?
- How do I find contact details for a member of staff?
Domestic students who wish to apply for postgraduate coursework should read How to apply for a postgraduate course.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications received each semester, we are not able to accept applications unless they are COMPLETE. A complete application consists of the completed application form and ALL necessary supporting documents. Download the application checklist for domestic students for list of things you will need to attach to your application.
You may find the following links useful:
Information for domestic students who wish to apply to a postgraduate research degree.
Please Note: download the application checklist for domestic students and read this carefully as incomplete applications will be returned to you.
Use the following links for information about our Masters by Research, PhD and more:
You can find research projects and potential supervisors by using the searchable database, Research Supervisor Connect.
You can supply copies when you apply and bring in the original when you come to enrol with your offer letter.
A domestic applicant is defined as one who is either an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen.
Visit the international student office website for international application and scholarships information.
For course information please refer to questions 2 & 4 above "Where do I find information for postgraduate coursework/research programs".
The Faculty will check if your application is complete. Complete applications will be forwarded to the relevant School/Department as well as the Associate Dean, for assessment. A notification letter will be sent to you once the decision is made. Please note that application for admission takes around 4-6 weeks to process.
You will need to come to the University of Sydney in person and enrol in February for Semester 1 entry, and July for Mid-year (Semester 2) entry. Your offer letter will usually contain the date that you need to come in and enrol; if not then it will indicate when you need to contact the Faculty to find out.
More information about postgraduate enrolment.
See the semester date calendar on the Important dates and deadlines page.
There is an online phonebook where you can search by name or department.
You may also wish to look at: