How to Apply - International Students

UAC applicants

If you are studying one of the following qualifications, then you should apply through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) International module:

  • an Australian Year 12 qualification (eg. NSW HSC, VCE, SA Matriculation) either inside or outside of Australia
  • the International Baccalaureate** in Australia or overseas
  • the New Zealand Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) Level 3 in New Zealand

** All International Baccalaureate (IB) applicants seeking admission to the University of Sydney may now apply either directly to the International Student Office (see below) or through UAC.

All other applicants

If you are not studying one of the above qualifications, you will need to apply through the International Student Office. You can complete and online application or a paper application. See a list of overseas academic qualifications recognised by the University of Sydney.

International Student Office
Level 4, Jane Foss Russell Building (G02)
The University of Sydney
NSW 2006 Australia

Phone: 1800 899 376 (onshore students only)
+61 2 8627 8300 (outsdie Australia)

Fax: +61 2 8627 8387

International Student Office website

Entry requirements

Read about academic requirements and other entry requirements for undergraduate international students.

Application forms for international students

Go to application details and forms for international students. There is an online application form or you can use a paper application form.

International enrolment dates

Go to international science student enrolment dates.

What to bring on enrolment day

  • Your offer letter
  • A passport-sized photo (for your student identification card)
  • Your Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (ECoE)
  • A pen

Credit for previous studies / Advanced standing

View the Faculty of Science information about credit for previous studies and the International Student Office information about credit/advanced standing.