English Language Requirements
If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate English language proficiency before admission can be confirmed. If you are a local student and you have obtained a prior course in English, this requirement does not apply.
Unless otherwise stated, the following are the acceptable English language requirements for the Faculty of Science:
- IELTS: Overall band score of 6.5 or better with no band below 6.0
- TOEFL: 575 or better plus Test of Written English (TWE) at 4.5+
- CBT (computer-based TOEFL): 233 with an Essay Rating of 4.5
- IBT (internet-based TOEFL): 90+
- Cambridge Cert. of Proficiency in English: Grades A or B
Scores over two years old will not be accepted. If you are taking TOEFL, your results must be sent directly to the University of Sydney from TOEFL / TSE Services at Princeton USA and the TWE must also be taken.
With regard to English requirements
- You should retake the English proficiency test if you last took the test more than two years ago.
- English language requirements are subject to change annually and could be different for individual courses. You should contact the Faculty of Science to obtain this information.