Information for non-year 12 applicants

Who is a non-year 12 applicant?

You are considered a non-year 12 applicant if you:

  • Did not attempt an Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate (IB) in Australia this year; or
  • Have a deferred offer from this year; or
  • Are a QLD Year 12 external student this year; or
  • Are a transfer student from another institution

How do I apply for admission to the University of Sydney?

Non-year 12 applicants need to apply through the UAC website by completing the online application form. Read the FAQ for non-year 12 applicants on the UAC website.

On-time applications for 2013 entry close on Friday 27 Septmeber 2013. Late fees apply for late applications.

I've already done some subjects at uni. How do I apply for credit?

If you have completed undergraduate studies at another institution or in another degree at the University of Sydney, you will need to apply for credit from your previous studies if you wish for these studies to count towards your Faculty of Science degree.

Am I eligible for Bridging Courses?

Yes. The University Bridging Courses are available to all students entering the university.

It is strongly advised that you undertake a Bridging Course if your degree assumes particular knowledge that you may not have studied in your HSC.

Am I eligible for the Science Transition Workshop?

Yes. All new students who enrol in science (from recent school leavers to mature age students) are automatically invited to attend the Science Transition Workshop.

The workshop is designed to help you become familiar with the university campus, other science students, staff, processes, and facilities. All new students are encouraged to attend.