You can study in the School of Life and Environmental Sciences through a number of different courses.
Most students choose to enrol in one of the following undergraduate courses and complete their studies in one or more of the listed major subject areas:
- Bachelor of Animal and Veterinary Bioscience
- Bachelor of Food and Agribusiness
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Science
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
Combined undergraduate courses
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Science and Master of Nursing
- Bachelor of Science and Master of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Molecular Biology and Genetics*
- Nutrition and Metabolism
* These majors are also available at advanced level if you enrol in the Bachelor of Science (Advanced) course.
Talented Student Program
The Faculty of Science’s Talented Student Program is a unique offering if you are seeking to expand your intellectual horizons and indulge your curiosity.
If you are a talented, high-achieving student, this flagship program is ideal for you. It offers additional challenging material – including exposure to cutting-edge research – to enable you to maximise your intellectual growth and potential.
Follow your curiosity and learn more about the Talented Student Program.
How to apply
Choose your course
Select a course from the list above or visit sydney.edu.au/courses
Check the entry requirements
Admission to the University of Sydney is highly competitive. You need to meet specific academic requirements before we can make an unconditional offer of admission. For most courses, entry is based on your ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admission Rank) or equivalent. For details visit Undergradaute entry requirements.
Additional English language requirements can also apply. For more information visit English language requirements.
Explore your entry options
If you're not sure you'll reach the ATAR cut-off for your preferred course, find out if you're eligible to apply for one of our alternative entry pathways.
For more information visit Alternative entry.
Submit your application with the relevant documents
If you’re a domestic student, you need to submit your application online through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) website.
You will also need to submit your application through UAC if you are an international student completing:
- a current Australian Year 12 secondary school examination
- a current International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma in Australia or New Zealand, or
- a current New Zealand Certificate of Educational Achievement Level 3 qualification
All other international students need to apply directly to the University using the ‘apply now’ button on the page for your chosen course at sydney.edu.au/courses