Graduate Diploma in Medical Physics
To qualify for this award, students will complete a total of 8x6 cp core units of study (i.e. a total of 48 credit points) within the Medical Physics program. These core units are:
- PHYS5011 Nuclear Physics
- PHYS5012 Radiation Physics and Dosimetry
- PHYS5002 Anatomy and Biology Essentials for Physicists
- PHYS5029 Nuclear Medicine Physics
- PHYS5005 Radiotherapy Physics
- PHYS5006 Medical Imaging Physics
- PHYS5018 Radiation Protection and Health Physics
- PHYS5020 Computation and Image Processing
This award will usually be completed full-time over 2 semesters, or part-time over 4 semesters.
Master of Medical Physics
To qualify for this degree, students will complete in addition to the 48 credit points of core units of study above, the additional 24 credit points in units PHYS5035 and PHYS5036 Research Methodology and Project.
This degree will usually be completed full-time over 3 semesters, or part-time over 6 semesters.