Service Centre Services
The Service Centre is here to provide support to the School in all things
pertaining to the efficient and safe performance of day to day operations.
- Building infrastructure
- Mechanical workshop
- Instrument maintenance and repair
- IT support for teaching and research
- Scientific glassware cleaning
- Attendant services
If you require assistance please fill in the online service request form. The online submission goes directly to all members of the service centre. A decontamination form must be attached to all jobs taken to the SMB Service Centre or repaired in situ.
Service Centre Teams
Building and Infrastructure
Any building maintenance issues needed to be addressed are handled by the Building and Infrastructure team.
- Peter Kerr [Technical Officer]
- Ben Monaghan [Technical Officer]
- Max Francis [Building Attendant]
Instrumentation and Computing
Faulty Electronic Instruments and loss of computer related issues are the domain of the Instrumentation and Computing team.
- Dr Douglas Chappell [Information Technology Officer]
The store provides warehousing for equipment and reagents for research and teaching and the organisation of orders and deliveries for research and teaching staff.
- Ben Monaghan [Store and delivery enquiries]
- Bronwyn Ferguson [Finance Officer]
Autoclaving and Glassware Cleaning and Laundry
The autoclave and glassware cleaning unit provides a daily autoclaving and glassware cleaning and laundry service.
The policy and procedures relating to this service can be read here:
SMB Autoclaving and Washing Policy
- Trudie Smith [Glassware Cleaner]
- Ashrika Acharya [Laboratory Assistant]
- Ana Maria Julca [Glassware Cleaner]
Contact us for any building maintenance or electronic repair related matters. The service centre contact details are available here.