SMB Summer Scholarships
The SMB Summer Scholarships are primarily for students who have just completed second year Biochemistry/Molecular Biology, offering students the chance to gain hands-on research experience in laboratories within the School.
Projects run for four weeks and are offered in the five main research areas of the School: Biophysical Chemistry & Structural Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology & Genetics, Nutrition & Metabolism and
Proteomics & Biotechnology.
Scholarship recipients will have the opportunity to learn about current research and to work in high-class laboratories under the supervision of researchers in the School.
- Second Year students from all Faculties both within and external to the University of Sydney are eligible to apply.
- Applicants will be selected primarily on academic merit (AAM 65 or above) in subjects relevant to the research areas in SMB.
- Projects run for 4 weeks between 25 November 2013 and 28 February 2014
- Recipients will receive a tax free stipend at APA rate (~$470pw)
- Applicants can only receive on Summer Scholarship per year
- If recipients live outside of the Sydney Metropolitan Area, they may also be offered additional funds of up to $250pw to cover accommodation costs.
How to Apply
Download an application form from the SMB website.
As well as the completed application form, applicants must include a short CV, academic transcript and a statement of 250 words that describes why you wish to obtain a scholarship.
Submit the completed form and accompanying documents to the Main Office Level 4, School of Molecular Bioscience.
Applications close Friday 31st of August 2013.
Students who are offered a scholarship from another school at The University of Sydney or another university and who accept such a scholarship must disclose this information at the time of putting forward the application.
For further information, contact .