SMB Summer Scholarships
The School of Molecular Bioscience is offering up to ten Summer Vacation Scholarships, principally for students who have just completed Second Year Biochemistry/Molecular Biology.
The SMB Summer Scholarships offer students the chance to gain hands-on experience of research in laboratories within the School. Projects run for four to six weeks and will be offered in the five main research areas of the School: Structural Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology & Genetics, Nutrition & Metabolism and Proteomics & Biotechnology. Undergraduate students will have the opportunity to learn about current research and to work in high-class laboratories under the supervision of researchers in the School.
- Second Year students from all Faculties within the University of Sydney are eligible to apply.
- Applicants will be selected on their academic record in subjects relevant to the research areas in SMB.
- Previous laboratory experience will be favorably looked upon.
- Projects run for 4 – 6 weeks.
- Scholarships can be held between 26 November 2012 and 28 February 2013.
- $1250 tax free stipend.
How to Apply
Download an application form from the SMB website.
As well as the completed application form, applicants must include a short CV, academic transcript and a statement of 250 words that describes why you wish to obtain a scholarship.
Submit the completed form and accompanying documents to the Main Office Level 4, School of Molecular Bioscience.
Applications close Monday 24th September 2012.
Students who are offered a scholarship from another school at The University of Sydney or another university and who accept such a scholarship must disclose this information at the time of putting forward the application.
For further information, contact .