SMB Summer Scholarships
The SMB Summer Scholarships are primarily for students who have just completed second year Biochemistry/Molecular Biology, offering students the chance to gain hands-on research experience in laboratories within the School.
Projects run for four weeks and are offered in the five main research areas of the School:
- Biochemistry & Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Nutrition & Metabolism
- Structural Biology
Scholarship recipients will have the opportunity to learn about current research and to work in high-class laboratories under the supervision of researchers in the School.
The following staff have projects to which you can contribute as a Summer Scholarship recipient. Please click the name below to view their academic profile which provides information about their key research areas.
- Margaret Allman-Farinelli
- Sandro Ataide
- Iain Campbell
- Dee Carter
- Nick Coleman
- Stuart Cordwell
- Gareth Denyer
- Ruth Hall
- Dale Hancock
- Markus Hofer
- Ann Kwan
- Joel Mackay
- Jacqui Matthews
- Second or third students (enrolled full time) from all Faculties both within and external to the University of Sydney are eligible to apply.
- Applicants will be selected primarily on academic merit (AAM 65 or above) in subjects relevant to the research areas in SMB.
- Projects run for four weeks between November and February (dates as negotiated with supervisor).
- Recipients will receive a standardised stipend amount (in accordance with current APA rate).
- Applicants can only receive one Summer Scholarship per year.
- If recipients live outside of the Sydney Metropolitan Area, they may also be offered additional funds of up to $250pw to cover accommodation/travel costs.
How to Apply
Download an application form from the SMB website.
As well as the completed application form, applicants must include a short CV, academic transcript and a statement of 250 words that describes why you wish to obtain a scholarship.
Submit the completed form and accompanying documents to the Administration Office, School of Molecular Bioscience, Room 435, Molecular Bioscience Building G08, University of Sydney.
Applications open: To Be Advised
Students who are offered a scholarship from another school at The University of Sydney or another university and who accept such a scholarship must disclose this information at the time of putting forward the application.
For further information, contact .