SoLES G08 Computer Support Help Pages
Computer jobs, excepting Out of Scope Services [see below], must go through the ICT Helpdesk
There are several ways to submit a job.
- Use the web interface called the Self Service Portal. You will need your unikey username and password to access this site.
- Ring the Helpdesk on 9351 6000.
- Send an email with the job details to .
Make sure you record the job/ticket number so that you can make further enquiries about the job progress.
Out of Scope Services
Some jobs are handled by SoLES G08 Computer support. They must be entered through the Service Centre Job logging system. This way they are logged into the job database system.
- Jobs involving the linux structural biology workstations and servers.
- Jobs involving computers interfaced with instruments.
- Jobs involving student owned computers. ICT will setup network access only.
- Help with software not supported by ICT.
- Assistance with access and use of computing facilities such as Intersect and Nectar Cloud.
- SoLES G08 Computer Support also will provide a best effort to fix older computers that are out of warranty.
You must not ring SoLES G08 Computer support directly to submit a job. However, once the job is submitted, you are free to email or ring SoLES G08 Computer support with further information or to request a status update. Please have your job number ready.
SoLES G08 Computer Support contact details are as follows:
- Phone: 9351 2505 or 9351 6006