Setting up Printers on a 32 bit Windows machine
Locating and Connecting to the SMB Print Server
Before setting up printers you need to make sure that your machine is in the MMB domain or workgroup.
- Printing is served by a machine called "CHEXI". You will be able to see it in the list of machines under "My Network Places".
- Log in to CHEXI using your MMB username and password (if you have one, usually permanent staff only) or your lab's account.
Adding A Printer
- Once you have connected to the print server, a large list of printers in the school will appear.
- Simply click on whichever printers you would like to set up. The drivers will automatically be installed on your machine.
- Make sure that none of the School's colour printers are set to be your default printers.
Making a Permanent Connection to Chexi
CHEXI has an "anchor" folder which you can map to a drive letter so that your machine will log in automatically whenever you start it up. This folder is a place holder (anchor) only - you cannot store any files here.