Dr Alberto Peruzzo
A28 - Physics Building
The University of Sydney
|Telephone||+61 2 9351 7697|
|Fax||+61 2 9351 7726|
Room 303A, A28 Physics Building | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
- 2013- Lecturer, University of Sydney
- 2012-13 Royal Academy of Engineering Research Fellow, joint Engineering-Physics, University of Bristol
- 2012 Research Assistant, University of Bristol
- 2012 PhD in Physics,University of Bristol
- 2010 Invited Visiting Scholar, Macquarie University
- 2008 Research Assistant at LUXOR Labs, University of Padova
- 2008 Master degree in Computer Engineering, University of Padova
- 2006 Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, University of Padova
- 2000-03 Project Manager Junior in pharmaceutical and chemical plants design at Novartis, Miteni and Enichem, TNC Tecnoconsulting
Dr Peruzzo's research spans from engineering photonic quantum information and communication technologies to studying quantum effects in biological, chemical and physical systems.
- A variational eigenvalue solver on a quantum processor, A. Peruzzo, J. McClean, P. Shadbolt, M.-H. Yung, X.-Q. Zhou, P. Love, A. Aspuru-Guzik, J. O'Brien, Under review. ArXiv preprint: http://arxiv.org/abs/1304.3061 (2013).
- A Quantum Delayed-Choice Experiment, A. Peruzzo, P. Shadbolt, N. Brunner, S. Popescu and J. O'Brien, Science 338, 634-637 (2012)
- Generating, manipulating and measuring entanglement and mixture with a reconfigurable photonic circuit, P. J. Shadbolt, M. R. Verde, A. Peruzzo, A. Politi, A. Laing, M. Lobino, J. F. C. Matthews and J. L. O'Brien, Nature Photonics, 6, 45-49, (2012)
- Adding control to arbitrary unknown quantum operations, X.-Q. Zhou, T. C. Ralph, P. Kalasuwan, M. Zhang, A. Peruzzo, B. P. Lanyon and J. L. O'Brien, Nature Communications, 2:413, (2011)
- Multimode quantum interference of photons in multiport integrated devices, A. Peruzzo, A. Laing, A. Politi, T. Rudolph and J. L. O'Brien, Nature Communications, 2:224, (2011)
- Quantum walks of correlated photons, A. Peruzzo, M. Lobino, J. C. F. Matthews, N. Matsuda, A. Politi, K. Poulios, X.-Q. Zhou, Y. Lahini, N. Ismail, K. Wörhoff, Y. Bromberg, Y. Silberberg, M. G. Thompson and J. L. O'Brien, Science, 329, 1500-1503 45-49, (2010)
Awards and honours
- 2014 Discovery Early Career Researcher Award
- 2013 University of Sydney DVC Research Fellowship
- 2012-17 Royal Academy of Engineering Research Fellowship
- 2012 Faculty of Science Commendation of Excellence for PhD thesis, University of Bristol
- 2009-11 Oxford Quantum Computing - IP Commercialization Company PhD Studentship
- 2008-09 EPSRC UK Research Council PhD Studentship
- 2008 Fondazione Aldo Gini Award
- 2008 Commendation for Master’s degree final mark 110/110 Summa cum Laude, University of Padova
- 2006-08 Inpdap Scholarship
- 2003-07 Undergaduate Scholarship from Regione Veneto
- Integrated photonic quantum simulators for quantum chemistry; Peruzzo A; Australian Research Council (ARC)/Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA).
- Photonic quantum simulators for quantum chemical engineering; Peruzzo A, Peruzzo A; DVC Research/Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Scheme.
- Quantum processors for quantum chemical engineering; Peruzzo A; Royal Academy of Engineering/Research Fellowship.
- Single photon detection in biological cells and neurons; Peruzzo A; University of Bristol/Research Strategy Fund.