Current Postgraduate Physics Students
Postgraduate Research degrees
Postgraduate Coursework degrees
Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Postgraduate research scholarships - for Australian or New Zealand citizens, or Australian permanent residents.
- Scholarships for international students
- Postgraduate Research Support Scheme (PRSS) - conference and travel funding.
- School of Physics postgraduate scholarships & prizes
Forms & Information
- Student travel form - for University business travel within Australia or overseas to conferences, meetings, and visits to research facilities.
- Student leave form - for recreational, sick, or other types of personal leave.
- Sydney Student - login to make changes to candidature; including supervisory team changes, suspension of candidature, leave of absence, extension of candidature, withdrawal or discontinuation of candidature, change in attendance status.
- Forms for Current Scholarship holders - including scholarship extension and thesis allowance claim.
- Guidelines for thesis submission
- Faculty of Science Information - FAQs
- Physics IT support
- SUPRA - Sydney University Postgraduate Representative Association
- HDR Administration Centre
- Student Support Services - information on the wide range of student support services available at the University.
- Counselling and Psychological Services - in addition to offering face-to-face counselling sessions, this service offers a wide variety of workshops on student life, including Presentation Skills, Time Management, Postgraduate Research Success, and online self-help resources.
- Equity Officers - in the School of Physics are available to provide support and advice to students and staff with concerns or issues relating to equity, access or diversity.
- University Policy Register - including Academic Honesty in Coursework and the Higher Degree by Research Rule.
- Some helpful hints for postgraduate students
Physoc - The Physics Society
Where to go for further help
If you need help, you can:
- ask your supervisor or other students
- go to the Physics Office, Room 210 in the Physics building, phone 9351 3037, or email .
- go to the HDR Administration Centre on Level 3, Jane Foss Russell Building, or email .
- contact the Physics Postgraduate Research or Postgraduate Coursework Coordinators (see the Admin & teaching Contacts web page).
- consult one of the Services provided by the University - see Student Support Services.