About the Foundation
The Mission of the Physics Foundation is to foster, develop and support science education and knowledge, generate philanthropy and promote careers in science.
The aims of the Foundation are to:
- Inspire senior secondary students to pursue studies in science and science careers through the Professor Harry Messel International Science School and other school education programs.
- Provide funding to the School of Physics to support the Julius Sumner Miller Fellow as well as strategic and education initiatives run by the School.
- Increase the resources of the University to assist the Senate and the Vice-Chancellor in the promotion of science, in particular physics.
- Collaborate with the School of Physics, the Faculty of Science and the University to promote the significance of science, and broaden knowledge and understanding about science in the wider community.
Meeting our Objectives
The Foundation strives to meet its objectives by:
- Raising funds from fees, donations, bequests and sponsorships.
- Building a strong financial position to ensure continuing long-term success.
- Promoting seminars, courses and workshops in the field of physics and other science disciplines.