General Administration

Financial Administration

Fraedom (formerly Spendvision) is used University-wide to process all requests, approvals, reimbursements and University-business travel by staff.

Get access to Fraedom by emailing the Physics Finance Team at .

Staff on salary that will travel for University business more than twice a year should apply for a Corporate Credit Card. An application form is available from the Staff Intranet, which requires UniKey login.

Please see the Physics Finance Team members in Room 201 to organise any reimbursement or payment requests. You will need to obtain a receipt for anything for which you will require reimbursement, and you must submit the original receipts with the paperwork for reimbursement to the Finance Office. The form must include:

  1. your School address
  2. your staff ID number
  3. the account number to be charged
  4. the signature of the grant holder (for academic staff)

Please categorise your expenses (e.g. postage, taxi fares, software, reference material) and write each category on a separate line on the Payment Request Form, attaching supporting receipts that are organised by those categories.

Petty Cash

Reimbursement claims for expenses under $25 can be claimed on a petty cash form, submitted to the Finance Office.

HR Administration

All staff are to submit recreation, personal, and other leave applications through MyHRonline available on the Staff Intranet. For conference attendance or University-business travel use Fraedom.

If you have any further questions concerning the administrative aspects of your employment, please contact the HR Coordinator: .

Postgraduate and Honours students need to use the School Student Travel Form. When travelling overseas on University business, students must include their itinerary for insurance purposes. Lodge the leave form with the Physics Office, Room 210, before departure.

University Travel Insurance

The University has a travel insurance policy for students and staff travelling on University business. Periods of recreation leave whilst overseas are not covered and you must organise your own travel insurance for that time. See the Travel Insurance information on the Audit and Risk Management website to check what is covered.

Staff travel procedures are outlined on the School's Policies and Documents webpage.

Planning & Development Program

The University is committed to providing a working environment that fosters excellence in teaching, world-class research and best practice organisational professionalism and performance.

A key element to achieving these objectives is the University's Planning & Development Program. Staff will be provided with the opportunity to develop their skills and effectiveness within the University, and to promote improved performance and efficiency. All staff are required to participate in the program on an annual basis. Look in the Performance area of the Staff Intranet.

Student Administration

The University will communicate with students via email or post. All enrolled students can access MyUni to view their enrolment details, timetables (if applicable), fee information, contact details, etc.

Students undertaking coursework will also have access to eLearning, otherwise known as Blackboard or the Learning Management System.

If you have questions please contact the Physics Office, Room 210, or email