The School of Physics and its associated facilities can offer a wide range of expertise to industry in diverse areas such as:
- Any projects involving mathematical analysis of a system
- Optical system evalution and design
- Optical coatings
- Microscopic imaging
- Image processing and visualisation
- Environmental testing, such as levels of electromagnetic radiation
- Energy efficiency and solar energy usage
- Evacuated glazing
- Computer control
and many others. Advice on working with University Departments can be obtained from Commercial Development and Industrial Partnerships.
Year in Industry Student Program
The School of Physics can offer your company some of the brightest young minds in Australia, as part of its Year in Industry program. Students spend six or twelve months adding practical experience to their well-developed problem-solving and analysis skills.