- Child is between 2 and 8
- Main concern is oppositional behavior, anger, aggression, and conduct problems
- Parents and child are able to attend the clinic in Sydney on multiple assessment dates
- Parents have access to a computer if allocated to e-health (online) treatment
- Parents are happy to be randomly allocated to face to face treatment sessions or online treatment
- Parents are willing to complete and provide their data for research purposes
- Parents are happy to participate in a parent-focused treatment
- Parents can read and understand English
- Child has:
- Intellectual disability/brain injury
- Acute/severe psychiatric disorder (e.g. psychosis)
- Acute mental illness or drug/alcohol dependence
- Severe Autism or other developmental problems
- The child’s wellbeing and caregiving are the subject of ongoing legal matters.
- The parents are unwilling to participate in research
- The family is unable to maintain contact with the CBRC for the duration of treatment.