Research Publications Archive
- Fisher A, Manicavasagar V, Sharpe L, Laidsaar-Powell R, Juraskova I. (2017). Identifying and addressing barriers to treatment decision-making in bipolar II disorder: Clinicians’ perspective. Australian Psychologist, doi:10.1111/ap.12264
- Sharpe, L., Brookes, M., Jones, E., Gittins, C., Wufong, E., Nicholas, M.K. Threat and fear of pain induces attentional bias to pain words: An eye-tracking study. European Journal of Pain (United Kingdom), 21 (2), pp. 385-396
- Modini, M., Abbott, M.J. (2017). Negative rumination in social anxiety: A randomised trial investigating the effects of a brief intervention on cognitive processes before, during and after a social situation. Journal of Behavior Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry, 55, pp. 73-80
- Braude L, Laidsaar-Powell R, Gilchrist J, Kirsten L, Juraskova I. (2017). An exploration of Australian psychologists’ role in assessing women considering risk-reducing or contralateral prophylactic mastectomy. The Breast, 32: 105–111
- Conti, Rhodes & Adams (2016). Listening in the dark: why we need stories of people living with severe and enduring anorexia nervosa. Journal of Eating Disorders, 4:33 DOI 10.1186/s40337-016-0117-z
- Rutherford, C., Nixon, J.E., Brown, J.M., Briggs, M., Horton, M. (2016). The Leeds Assessment of Neuropathic Symptoms and Signs Scale (LANSS) is not an adequate outcome measure of pressure ulcer-related neuropathic pain. European Journal of Pain (United Kingdom), 20 (10), pp. 1710-1720
- Veldre, A., Andrews, S. (2016). Parafoveal preview effects depend on both preview plausibility and target predictability. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, pp. 1-12
- Ramke, S., Sharpe, L., Newton-John, T. (2016). Adjunctive cognitive behavioural treatment for chronic pain couples improves marital satisfaction but not pain management outcomes. European Journal of Pain (United Kingdom), 20 (10), pp. 1667-1677
- Kim, L.E., MacCann, C. (2016). What is students' ideal university instructor personality? An investigation of absolute and relative personality preferences. Personality and Individual Differences, 102, pp. 190-203
- Fisher A, Manicavasagar V, Kiln F, & Juraskova I (2016). Communication and decision-making in mental health: A systematic review focusing on Bipolar disorder. Patient Education and Counseling, 99:1106-1120
- Laidsaar-Powell R, Butow P, Bu S, Dear R, Fisher A, Coll J, & Juraskova I (2016). Exploring the communication of oncologists, patients and family members in cancer consultations: development and application of a coding system capturing family-relevant behaviours (KINcode). Psycho-oncology, 25: 787–794
- Muscat, D.M., Smith, S., Dhillon, H.M., Morony, S., Davis, E.L., Luxford, K., Shepherd, H.L., Hayen, A., Comings, J., Nutbeam, D., McCaffery, K. (2016). Incorporating health literacy in education for socially disadvantaged adults: An Australian feasibility study. International Journal for Equity in Health, 15 (1) , art. no. 15
- Boakes, R.A., Martire, S.I., Rooney, K.B., Kendig, M.D. (2016). Individual differences in saccharin acceptance predict rats' food intake. Physiology and Behavior, 164 pp. 151-156
- Alais, D., Locke, S.M., Leung, J., Van Der Burg, E. (2016). No attentional capture from invisible flicker. Scientific Reports, 6, art. no. 29296
- Blaszczynski, A., Russell, A., Gainsbury, S., Hing, N. (2016). Mental Health and Online, Land-Based and Mixed Gamblers. Journal of Gambling Studies, 32 (1) pp. 261-275
- Szabó, M., Mészáros, V., Sallay, J., Ajtay, G., Boross, V., Udvardy-Mészáros, À., Vizin, G., Perczel-Forintos, D. (2016). The beck hopelessness scale; specific factors of method effects. European Journal of Psychological Assessment, 32 (2) pp. 111-118
- Todd, J., Sharpe, L., Colagiuri, B. (2016). Attentional bias modification and pain: The role of sensory and affective stimuli. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 83 pp. 53 - 61
- Mills L, Boakes RA, Colagiuri B. (2016). Placebo caffeine reduces withdrawal in abstinent coffee drinkers. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 30(4):388-94. doi: 10.1177/0269881116632374
- Taubert, J., Van der Burg, E., & Alais, D. (2016). Love at second sight: Sequential dependence of facial attractiveness in an on-line dating paradigm. Scientific Reports, 6, 22740
- Orchard-Mills, E., Van der Burg, E., Alais, D. (2015). Crossmodal Correspondence Between Auditory Pitch and Visual Elevation Affects Temporal Ventriloquism. Perception, 45 (4) pp. 409 - 424
- Murray, L., Butow, P.N., White, K., Kiernan, M.C., D'Abrew, N., Herz, H. (2015). Advance care planning in motor neuron disease: A qualitative study of caregiver perspectives. Palliative Medicine, 30 (5) pp. 471 - 478
- Olley, J., Blaszczynski, A., Lewis, S. (2015). Dopaminergic Medication in Parkinson's Disease and Problem Gambling. Journal of gambling studies (co-sponsored by the National Council on Problem Gambling and Institute for the Study of Gambling and Commercial Gaming), 31 (3) pp. 1085 - 1106
- Grant, A.M. (2016). What can Sydney tell us about coaching? Research with implications for practice from down under. Consulting Psychology Journal, 68 (2) pp. 105 - 117
- Roche, L., MacCann, C., Croot, K. (2016). Predictive factors for the uptake of coping strategies by spousal dementia caregivers: A systematic review. Alzheimer Disease and Associated Disorders, 30 (1) pp. 80-91
- Costa, D.S.J., Mercieca-Bebber, R., Rutherford, C., Gabb, L., King, M.T. (2016). The impact of cancer on psychological and social outcomes. Australian Psychologist, 51 (2) pp. 89-99
- Todd, J., Kothe, E., Mullan, B., Monds, L. (2016). Reasoned versus reactive prediction of behaviour: a meta-analysis of the prototype willingness model. Health Psychology Review, 10 (1) pp. 1-24
- Sharpe, L. (2016). Psychosocial management of chronic pain in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: Challenges and solutions. Journal of Pain Research, 9 pp. 137 - 146
- Mercieca-Bebber, R.L., Perreca, A., King, M., Macann, A., Whale, K., Soldati, S., Jacobs, M., Efficace, F. (2016). Patient-reported outcomes in head and neck and thyroid cancer randomised controlled trials: A systematic review of completeness of reporting and impact on interpretation. European Journal of Cancer, 56 pp. 144-161
- Rutherford, C., Costa, D., Mercieca-Bebber, R., Rice, H., Gabb, L., King, M. (2016). Mode of administration does not cause bias in patient-reported outcome results: a meta-analysis. Quality of Life Research, 25 (3) pp. 559-574
- Murray, S.B., Griffiths, S., Hazery, L., Shen, T., Wooldridge, T., Mond, J.M. (2016). Go big or go home: A thematic content analysis of pro-muscularity websites. Body Image, 16 pp. 17-20
- Ross C, Juraskova I, Lee H; Parkitny L, Stanton TR, Moseley GL; McAuley J. (2015). Psychological distress mediates the relationship between pain and disability in hand or wrist fractures. Journal of Pain, 16(9):836-843
- Davis, E.L., McCaffery, K., Mullan, B., Juraskova, I. (2015). An exploration of decision aid effectiveness: the impact of promoting affective vs. deliberative processing on a health-related decision. Health Expectations, 18:2742-2752
- Nicolas A. McNair, Irina M. Harris (2016). Attention is required for the perceptual integration of action object pairs. Experimental Brain Research, 234(1), 25-37
- Curthoys, I.S. , Vulovic, V., Burgess, A.M., Sokolic, L., Goonetilleke, S.C. The response of guinea pig primary utricular and saccular irregular neurons to bone-conducted vibration (BCV) and air-conducted sound (ACS). Hearing Research, 331, pp. 131-143
- Shaw, J.M., Young, J.M., Butow, P.N., & Badgery-Parker, T., & Durcinoska, I., & Harrison, J.D., & Davidson, P.M., & Martin, D., & Sandroussi, C., & Hollands, M., & Joseph, D., & Das, A., & Lam, V., & Johnston, E., Solomon, M.J. (2016). Improving psychosocial outcomes for caregivers of people with poor prognosis gastrointestinal cancers: a randomized controlled trial (Family Connect). Supportive Care in Cancer, 24 (2), pp. 585-595
- Costa, D.S.J., Smith, A.“B.”, Fardell, J.E. (2016). The sum of all fears: conceptual challenges with measuring fear of cancer recurrence. Supportive Care in Cancer, 24 (1), pp. 1-3
- Hunt, C.J., Piccoli, V., Gonsalkorale, K., Carnaghi, A. (2015). Feminine Role Norms Among Australian and Italian Women: a Cross-Cultural Comparison. Sex Roles, 73 (11), pp 533-542
- Thewes, B., Zachariae, R., Christensen, S., Nielsen, T., Butow, P. (2015). The Concerns About Recurrence Questionnaire: validation of a brief measure of fear of cancer recurrence amongst Danish and Australian breast cancer survivors. Journal of cancer survivorship : research and practice, 9 (1) pp. 68-79
- Mackay, T.L., Paterson, H.M. (2015). How does timing of recall affect eyewitness memory and psychological distress?. Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology, 30 (4) pp. 242-253
- Modini, M., Abbott, M.J., Hunt, C. (2015). A Systematic Review of the Psychometric Properties of Trait Social Anxiety Self-Report Measures. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 37 (4) pp. 645-662
- Juraskova, I., Butow, P., Fisher, A., Bonner, C., Anderson, C., Bu, S., Scarlet, J., Stockler, M.R., Wetzig, N., Ung, O., Campbell, I. . Development and piloting of a decision aid for women considering participation in the Sentinel Node Biopsy versus Axillary Clearance 2 breast cancer trial. Clinical Trials, 12 (4) pp. 409-417
- Van Der Burg, E., Alais, D., Cass, J. (2015). Audiovisual temporal recalibration occurs independently at two different time scales. Scientific Reports, 5, art. no. 14526
- Allsop, D.J., Bartlett, D.J., Johnston, J., Helliwell, D., Winstock, A., McGregor, I.S., Lintzeris, N. (2015). The effects of lithium carbonate supplemented with nitrazepam on sleep disturbance during cannabis abstinence. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, 11 (10) pp. 1153-1162
- White, F. A., Harvey, L., & Verrelli, S. (2015). Including both voices: a new bidirectional framework for understanding and improving intergroup relations (invited contribution). Australian Psychologist, 50, 421- 433
- Colagiuri, B., Quinn, V.F., Colloca, L. (2015). Nocebo Hyperalgesia, Partial Reinforcement, and Extinction. Journal of Pain, 16 ( 10 ) pp. 995 - 1004
- Harris, I.M., Wong, C., Andrews, S. (2015). Visual field asymmetries in object individuation. Consciousness and Cognition, 37, art. no. 2163 , pp. 194 - 206
- Costa, D.S.J., Smith, A.T., Lim, B.T., Fardell, J.E. (2015). Simplifying the assessment of cancer information overload: A comment on Jensen et al. Patient Education and Counseling, 98 (11) p. 1450
- Van Der Burg, E., Alais, D., Cass, J. (2015). Audiovisual temporal recalibration occurs independently at two different time scales. Scientific Reports, 5, art. no. 14526
- White, F.A., Abu-Rayya, H.M., Bliuc, A.-M., Faulkner, N. (2015). Emotion expression and intergroup bias reduction between Muslims and Christians: Long-term Internet contact. Computers in Human Behavior, Volume 53, 25 July 2015, Article number 3462, Pages 435-442
- Paterson, H.M., Eijkemans, H., Kemp, R.I. (2015). Investigating the Impact of Delayed Administration on the Efficacy of the Self-Administered Interview. Psychology and Law, 22 (2) pp. 307 - 317
- Costa, D.S.J. (2015). Reflective, causal, and composite indicators of quality of life: A conceptual or an empirical distinction?. Quality of Life Research, 24 (9) pp. 2057 - 2065
- Gainsbury, S.M., Russell, A., Blaszczynski, A., Hing, N. (2015). Greater involvement and diversity of Internet gambling as a risk factor for problem gambling. European Journal of Public Health, 25 (4) pp. 723 -728
- Alais, D., Orchard-Mills, E., Van der Burg, E. (2015). Auditory frequency perception adapts rapidly to the immediate past. Attention, Perception, and Psychophysics, 77 (3) pp. 896 - 906
- Morandini, J.S., Blaszczynski, A., Ross, M.W., Costa, D.S.J., Dar-Nimrod, I. (2015). Essentialist beliefs, sexual identity uncertainty, internalized homonegativity and psychological wellbeing in Gay Men. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 62 (3) pp. 413-424
- Dudeney, J., Sharpe, L., Hunt, C. (2015). Attentional bias towards threatening stimuli in children with anxiety: A meta-analysis. Clinical Psychology Review, 40 pp. 66-75
- O’Callaghan, C., Schofield, P., Butow, P., Nolte, L., Price, M., Tsintziras, S., Sze, M., Thein, T., Yiu, D., Mireskandari, S., Goldstein, D., Jefford, M. (2016). “I might not have cancer if you didn’t mention it”: a qualitative study on information needed by culturally diverse cancer survivors. Support Care Cancer, 24(1):409-18. doi: 10.1007/s00520-015-2811-9
- White, F. A., Harvey, L., & Abu-Rayya, H. M. (2015). Improving intergroup relations in the Internet age: A critical review. Review of General Psychology, 19, 129-139
- White, F. A., Abu-Rayya, H. M., Bliuc, A-M, & Faulkner, N. (2015). Emotion expression and intergroup bias reduction between Muslims and Christians: Long-term Internet contact. Computers in Human Behavior, 53, 435-442
- Goodbourn, P.T., Holcombe, A.O. (2015). 'Pseudoextinction': Asymmetries in simultaneous attentional selection. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance, 41 (2) pp. 364-384
- Butow, P., Kelly, S. Thewes, B., Hruby, G., Sharpe, L., Beith,J. Attentional bias and metacognitions in cancer survivors with high fear of cancer recurrence. Psycho-Oncology, 24 (4) p. 496
- Shaw, J., Zou, X., Butow, P. (2015). Treatment decision making experiences of migrant cancer patients and their families in Australia. Patient Education and Counseling, 98 (6) pp. 742-747
- Quinn, V.F., Colagiuri, B. (2015). Placebo Interventions for Nausea: a Systematic Review. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 49 (3) pp. 449-462
- Hersch J, Barratt A, Jansen J, Irwig L, McGeechan K, Jacklyn G, Thornton H, Dhillon H, Houssami N, McCaffery K (2015). Use of a decision aid including information on overdetection to support informed choice about breast cancer screening: a randomised controlled trial. The Lancet, doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(15)60123-4
- Van der Burg, E., Orchard-Mills, E., Alais, D. (2014). Rapid temporal recalibration is unique to audiovisual stimuli. Experimental Brain Research, 233(1) pp. 53-59
- Jackson, S. A., Kleitman, S., & Aidman, E. (2014). Low cognitive load and reduced arousal impede practice effects on executive functioning, metacognitive confidence and decision making. PlosOne
- Jiang, Y., & Kleitman, S. (2015). Metacognition and motivation: Links between confidence, self-protection and self-enhancement. Learning and Individual Differences, 37, 222-230
- Butow, P., Kelly, S., Thewes, B., Hruby, G., Sharpe, L., Beith, J. (2014). Attentional bias and metacognitions in cancer survivors with high fear of cancer recurrence. Psycho-Oncology
- Crewe-Brown, C., Blaszczynski, A., Russell, A. (2014). Prize level and debt size: impact on gambling behaviour. Journal of Gambling Studies, 30 (3) pp. 639 - 651
- Kendig, M.D. (2014). Cognitive and behavioural effects of sugar consumption in rodents. A review. Appetite, 80, 41-54
- Boakes, Robert A.; Costa, Daniel S. J. (2014). Temporal contiguity in associative learning: Interference and decay from an historical perspective. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Animal Learning and Cognition, Vol 40(4), 381-400
- Kendig, M.D., Rooney, K.B., Corbit, L.H. & Boakes, R.A. (2014). Persisting adiposity following chronic consumption of 10% sucrose solution: Strain differences and behavioural effects. Physiology & Behavior, 130, 54-65
- Hanly N, Mareskandari S, Juraskova I. (2014). The struggle towards ‘the New Normal’: A qualitative insight into psychosexual adjustment to prostate cancer. BMC Urology, 14: 56
- Juraskova I, Butow P, Bonner C, Bell ML, Smith AB, Seccombe M, Boyle F, Reaby L, Cuzick J, Forbes JF. (2014). Improving decision making about clinical trial participation - a randomised controlled trial of a decision aid for women considering participation in the IBIS-II breast cancer prevention trial. British Journal of Cancer, 111, 1–7. (doi: 10.1038/bjc.2014.144)
- Ng, A.S., Abbott, M.J. (2014). The impact of self-imagery on affective, cognitive, and attentional processes in Social Phobia: A comprehensive literature review of the theoretical and empirical literature. Behaviour Change, 31 (3) pp. 159-174
- Holcombe, A.O., Chen, W.-Y., Howe, P.D. (2014). Object tracking: Absence of long-range spatial interference supports resource theories. Journal of Vision, 14 (6) pp. 1-21
- Fink, E., De Rosnay, M., Wierda, M., Koot, H.M., Begeer, S. (2014). Brief report: Accuracy and response time for the recognition of facial emotions in a large sample of children with autism spectrum disorders. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 44 (9) pp. 2363-2368
- Corbit, L.H., Nie, H., Janak, P.H. (2014). Habitual responding for alcohol depends upon both AMPA and D2 receptor signaling in the dorsolateral striatum. Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience, 8 (Sep), art. no. 301
- Hawes, D.J., Price, M.J., Dadds, M.R. (2014). Callous-Unemotional Traits and the Treatment of Conduct Problems in Childhood and Adolescence: A Comprehensive Review. Clinical Child and Family Psychology Review, 17 (3) pp. 248-267
- Villar, G., Arciuli, J., Paterson, H.M. (2014). Remorse in oral and handwritten false confessions. Legal and Criminological Psychology, 19 (2) pp. 255-269
- Holcombe, A.O., Chen, W.-Y., Howe, P.D. (2014). Object tracking: Absence of long-range spatial interference supports resource theories. Journal of Vision, 14 (6) pp. 1-21
- Ng, A.S., Abbott, M.J. (2014). The impact of self-imagery on affective, cognitive, and attentional processes in Social Phobia: A comprehensive literature review of the theoretical and empirical literature. Behaviour Change, 31 (3), pp. 159-174
- Dar-Nimrod, I., Cheung, B.Y., Ruby, M.B., Heine, S.J. (2014). Can merely learning about obesity genes affect eating behavior?. Appetite, 81 pp. 269-276
- Chalmers, J.A., Quintana, D.S., Abbott, M.J.A., Kemp, A.H. (2014). Anxiety disorders are associated with reduced heart rate variability: A meta-analysis. Frontiers in Psychiatry, 5 (JUL), art. no. 80
- Jones, E.B., Sharpe, L. (2014). The effect of cognitive bias modification for interpretation on avoidance of pain during an acute experimental pain task. Pain, 155 (8) pp. 1569-1576
- Godwin, A., MacNevin, G., Zadro, L., Iannuzzelli, R., Weston, S., Gonsalkorale, K., Devine, P. (2014). Are all ostracism experiences equal? A comparison of the autobiographical recall, Cyberball, and O-Cam paradigms. Behavior Research Methods, 46 (3) pp. 660-667
- Begeer, S., De Rosnay, M., Lunenburg, P., Stegge, H., Terwogt, M.M. (2014). Understanding of emotions based on counterfactual reasoning in children with autism spectrum disorders. Autism, 18 (3) pp. 301-310
- Kendig, M.D., Lin, C.S., Beilharz, J.E., Rooney, K.B., Boakes, R.A. (2014). Maltodextrin can produce similar metabolic and cognitive effects to those of sucrose in the rat. Appetite, 77pp. 1-12
- Grant, A.M. (2014). The Efficacy of Executive Coaching in Times of Organisational Change. Journal of Change Management, 14 (2) pp. 258-280
- Meiser, B., Price, M.A., Butow, P.N., Rahman, B., Tucker, K., Cheah, B., Bickerstaffe, A., Hopper, J., Phillips, K.-A., Bennett, B., Tennant, C., Hopper, J.L., Milne, R.L., Weideman, P., Stanhope. Misperceptions of ovarian cancer risk in women at increased risk for hereditary ovarian cancer. Familial Cancer, 13 (2) pp. 153-162
- Gascoigne, M.B., Smith, M.L., Barton, B., Webster, R., Gill, D., Lah, S. (2014). Accelerated long-term forgetting in children with temporal lobe epilepsy. Neuropsychologia, 59 (1) pp. 93 - 102
- Jiang, Y., Tiliopoulos, N. (2014). Individual differences in adult attachment and reinforcement sensitivity. Personality and Individual Differences, 68 pp. 205-210
- Ramos, L., Hicks, C., Caminer, A., McGregor, I.S. (2014). Inhaled vasopressin increases sociability and reduces body temperature and heart rate in rats. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 46 pp. 46-51
- Harrison, J.D., Durcinoska, I., Butow, P.N., White, K., Solomon, M.J., Young, J.M. (2014). Localized versus centralized nurse-delivered telephone services for people in follow up for cancer: Opinions of cancer clinicians. Asia-Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology, 10 (2) pp. 175 - 182
- Lo, S.-Y., Holcombe, A.O. (2014). How do we select multiple features? Transient costs for selecting two colors rather than one, persistent costs for color-location conjunctions . Attention, Perception, and Psychophysics, 76 ( 2 ) pp. 304 - 321
- Bui, M., Birney, D.P. (2014). Learning and individual differences in Gf processes and Raven's. Learning and Individual Differences, 32 pp. 104 - 113
- Curthoys, I.S., Vulovic, V., Burgess, A.M., Manzari, L., Sokolic, L., Pogson, J., Robins, M., Mezey, L.E., Goonetilleke, S., Cornell, E.D., Macdougall, H.G. (2014). Neural basis of new clinical vestibular tests: Otolithic neural responses to sound and vibration. Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology, 41 ( 5 ) pp. 371 - 380
- Dawson, L., Rhodes, P., Touyz, S. (2014). 'doing the impossible': The process of recovery from chronic anorexia nervosa. Qualitative Health Research, 24 ( 4 ) pp. 494 - 505
- Mullan, B., Wong, C., Kothe, E., O'Moore, K., Pickles, K., Sainsbury, K. (2014). An examination of the demographic predictors of adolescent breakfast consumption, content, and context. BMC Public Health, 14 ( 1 ) , art. no. 264
- Au Yeung, S. T., Colagiuri, B., Lovibond, P. F., & Colloca, L. (2014). Partial reinforcement, extinction, and placebo analgesia. Pain, 155 (6) pp. 1110-1117
- MacCann, C., Joseph, D. L., Newman, D. A., & Roberts, R. D. (2014). Emotional intelligence Is a second-stratum factor of intelligence: Evidence from hierarchical and bifactor models. Emotion, 14, 358–374
- Livesey, E.J., Costa, D.S.J. (2014). Automaticity and conscious control in single and choice response time versions of the Perruchet effect. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 67 (4) pp. 646-664
- Thewes, B., Brebach, R., Dzidowska, M., Rhodes, P., Sharpe, L., Butow, P. (2014). Current approaches to managing fear of cancer recurrence; A descriptive survey of psychosocial and clinical health professionals. Psycho-Oncology, 23 (4) pp. 390 - 396
- Allsop, D.J., Dunlop, A.J., Saddler, C., Rivas, G.R., McGregor, I.S., Copeland, J. (2014). Changes in cigarette and alcohol use during cannabis abstinence. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 138 (1) pp. 54-60
- Butow, P.N., Price, M.A., Bell, M.L., Webb, P.M., Defazio, A., Friedlander, M. (2014). Caring for women with ovarian cancer in the last year of life: A longitudinal study of caregiver quality of life, distress and unmet needs. Gynecologic Oncology, 132 (3) pp. 690-697
- Fardell, J.E., Zhang, J., De Souza, R., Vardy, J., Johnston, I., Allen, C., Henderson, J., Piquette-Miller, M. (2014). The impact of sustained and intermittent docetaxel chemotherapy regimens on cognition and neural morphology in healthy mice. Psychopharmacology, 231 (5) pp. 841 - 852
- Zadro, L., & Gonsalkorale, K. (2014). Sources of Ostracism: The Nature and Consequences of Excluding and Ignoring Others. Current Directions in Psychological Science, 23 (2), 93-97
- McNair, N.A., Harris, I.M. (2014). The contextual action relationship between a tool and its action recipient modulates their joint perception. Attention, Perception, and Psychophysics, 76 (1) pp. 214-229
- Gainsbury, S.M., Russell, A., Blaszczynski, A. (2014). Are Psychology University Student Gamblers Representative of Non-university Students and General Gamblers? A Comparative Analysis. Journal of Gambling Studies, 30 (1) pp. 11-25
- Mence, M., Hawes, D.J., Wedgwood, L., Morgan, S., Barnett, B., Kohlhoff, J., Hunt, C. (2014). Emotional flooding and hostile discipline in the families of toddlers with disruptive behavior problems. Journal of Family Psychology, 28 (1) pp. 12-21
- Walton, J., Priest, N., Kowal, E., White, F.A., Brickwood, K., Fox, B., & Paradies, Y. (2014). Talking culture? Egalitarianism, color-blindness and racism in Australian elementary schools. Teaching and Teacher Education, 39, 112-122
- White, F. A., Abu-Rayya, H. M., & Weitzel, C. (2014). Achieving twelve-months of intergroup bias reduction: The dual identity-electronic contact (DIEC) experiment. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 38, 158-163
- De Vries, J.P., Hooge, I.T.C., Verstraten, F.A.J. (2014). Saccades Toward the Target Are Planned as Sequences Rather Than as Single Steps. Psychological Science, 25 (1), 215 - 223
- Lloyd, D.A. , Abrahamyan, A., Harris, J.A. (2013). Brain-stimulation induced blindsight: Unconscious vision or response bias?. PLoS ONE, 8(12)
- Heathers, J.A.J., Fink, E., Kuhnert, R.-L., De Rosnay, M. (2014). Blood volume pulse (BVP) derived vagal tone (VT) between 5 and 7 years of age: A methodological investigation of measurement and longitudinal stability. Developmental Psychobiology, 56(1) pp. 23 - 35
- Goodbourn, P.T., Bosten, J.M., Bargary, G., Hogg, R.E., Lawrance-Owen, A.J., & Mollon, J.D. (2014). Variants in the 1q21 risk region are associated with a visual endophenotype of autism and schizophrenia. Genes, Brain and Behavior, DOI: 10.1111/gbb.12096
- Hunt, C.J., Gonsalkorale, K. (2013). Who Cares What She Thinks, What Does He Say? Links between Masculinity, In-Group Bonding and Gender Harassment. Sex Roles, pp 1-14
- Burgess, A.M., Mezey, L.E., Manzari, L., Macdougall, H.G., McGarvie, L.A., Curthoys, I.S. (2013). Effect of stimulus rise-time on the ocular vestibular-evoked myogenic potential to bone-conducted vibration. Ear and Hearing, 34, Issue 6, pp 799-805
- Butow, P., Sharpe, L. (2013). The impact of communication on adherence in pain management. Pain, 154, Issue SUPPL. 1, pp S101-S107
- Maloney, R.T., Watson, T.L., Clifford, C.W.G. (2013). Human cortical and behavioral sensitivity to patterns of complex motion at eccentricity. Journal of Neurophysiology, 110, Issue 11, pp 2545-2556
- Lane, B., Szabó, M. (2013). Uncontrolled, repetitive eating of small amounts of food or 'grazing': Development and evaluation of a new measure of atypical eating. Behaviour Change, 30, Issue 2, pp 57-73
- Juraskova I, Bonner C. Decision aids for breast cancer chemoprevention. Breast Cancer Research, 15(5):106
- Juraskova I, Jarvis S, Mok K, Peate M, Meiser B, Cheah BC, Mireskandari S, Friedlander M. (2013). The acceptability, feasibility and efficacy (Phase I/II study) of the OVERcome (Olive oil, Vaginal Exercise and moisturizeR) intervention to improve dyspareunia and alleviate sexual problems in women with breast cancer. Journal of Sexual Medicine, 10(10):2549-58
- Corbit, L.H., Leung, B.K., Balleine, B.W. (2013). The role of the amygdala-striatal pathway in the acquisition and performance of goal-directed instrumental actions. Journal of Neuroscience, 33(45) 17682-17690
- Smith, A., King, M., Butow, P., Luckett, T., Grimison, P., Toner, G.C., Stockler, M., Hovey, E., Stubbs, J., Hruby, G., Gurney, H., Turner, S., Alam, M., Cox, K., Olver, I. (2013). The prevalence and correlates of supportive care needs in testicular cancer survivors: A cross-sectional study. Psycho-Oncology, 22(11). 2557-2564
- Krygier, J.R., Heathers, J.A.J., Shahrestani, S., Abbott, M., Gross, J.J., Kemp, A.H. (2013). Mindfulness meditation, well-being, and heart rate variability: A preliminary investigation into the impact of intensive vipassana meditation. International Journal of Psychophysiology, 89, 3, 305-313
- Gandy, M., Sharpe, L., Perry, K.N. (2013). Cognitive behavior therapy for depression in people with epilepsy: A systematic review. Epilepsia, 54, 10, 1725-1734
- Fardell JE, Vardy J, Johnston IN. (2013). The short and long term effects of docetaxel chemotherapy on rodent object recognition and spatial reference memory. Life Sciences, 93 (17) pp. 596-604
- Kim J. (2013). Head movements suggest canal and otolith projections are activated during galvanic vestibular stimulation. Neuroscience, 253pp. 416-425
- Kendig, M.D., Boakes, R.A., Rooney, K.B. & Corbit, L.H. (2013). Chronic restricted access to 10% sucrose solution in adolescent and young adult rats impairs spatial memory and alters sensitivity to outcome devaluation. Physiology & Behavior, 120, 164-172
- Chan, C.Y-Y., Kendig, M., Boakes, R.A. & Rooney. K. (2013). Low volume exercise can prevent sucrose-induced weight gain but has limited impact on metabolic measures in rats. European Journal of Nutrition, 52, 1721-1732
- Young, Rhodes, Touyz and Hay (2013). The relationship between obsessive-compulsive personality disorder traits, obsessive-compulsive disorder and excessive exercise in patients with anorexia nervosa: a systematic review. Journal of Eating Disorders, 2013, 1:16
- Rhodes, Dawson, Kelly, & Renshall (2013). Introducing qualitative research into a psychology program: co-learning, hospitality and rigour. International Journal of Innovation in Maths and Science Education, 21 (1), 18-28
- Calanchini, J., Gonsalkorale, K., Sherman, J. W., & Klauer, K. C. (2013). Counter-prejudicial training reduces activation of biased associations and enhances response monitoring. European Journal of Social Psychology, 43(5):321-325
- Gainsbury, S.M., Russell, A., Hing, N., Wood, R., Lubman, D., & Blaszczynski, A., (2013). How the Internet is changing gambling: Findings from an Australian prevalence survey. Journal of Gambling Studies, DOI: 10.1007/s10899-013-9404-7
- Hawes, D.J., Dadds, M.R., Frost, A.D.J., & Russell, A.. (2013). Parenting practices and prospective levels of hyperactivity/inattention across early- and mid-childhood. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, doi: 10.1007/s10862-013-9341-x
- Gainsbury, S.M., Russell, A., Hing, N., Wood, R., & Blaszczynski, A. (2013). The Impact of Internet Gambling on Gambling Problems: A Comparison of Moderate-Risk and Problem Internet and Non-Internet Gamblers. Psychology of Addictive Behaviours
- Gainsbury, S., Russell, A., & Blaszczynski, A. (2013). Are Psychology University student gamblers representative of general student and adult gamblers? A comparative analysis. Journal of Gambling Studies, doi 10.1007/s10899-012-9334-9
- Monds, L. A., Paterson, H. M., Kemp, R.I., & Bryant, R.A. (2013). Do Distress Responses to a Traumatic Film Predict Susceptibility to The Misinformation Effect?. Journal of Trauma & Dissociation
- Sokolic L, Long LE, Hunt GE, Arnold JC, McGregor IS (2011). Disruptive effects of the prototypical cannabinoid Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol and the fatty acid amide inhibitor URB-597 on go/no-go auditory discrimination performance and olfactory reversal learning in rats. Behavioural Pharmacology, 22(3):191-202
- Lovibond, P. F. & Colagiuri, B. (2013). Facilitation of voluntary goal-directed behaviour by reward cues. Psychological Science, doi: 10.1177/0956797613484043
- Grant, A. (2013). The efficacy of executive coaching in times of organisational change. Journal of Change Management
- Grant, A., Hartley, M. (2013). Developing the leader as coach: insights, strategies and tips for embedding coaching skills in the workplace. Coaching: An International Journal of Theory, Research and Practice, 2013, 6(2), 102-115
- Juraskova I, Bonner C, Bell M, Sharpe L, Robertson R & Butow P. (2012). Quantity versus quality: Predicting post-treatment sexual adjustment of women affected by early stage cervical and endometrial cancer. Journal of Sexual Medicine, 9(11):2952-60
- Luu, B., de Rosnay, M., & Harris, P. L. (2013). Five-year-olds are willing, but 4-year-olds refuse, to trust informants who offer new and unfamiliar labels for parts of the body. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 116, 234-246
- Hunt. C.J., Gonsalkorale, K., & Murray, S.B. (2013). Threatened masculinity and muscularity: An experimental examination of multiple aspects of muscularity in men. Body Image, 10, 290-299
- Sainsbury, Mullan, & Sharpe. (2013). A Randomized Controlled Trial of an Online Intervention to Improve Gluten-Free Diet Adherence in Celiac Disease. American Journal of Gastroentorology, 108, 811-817
- Godfrey, K., Rhodes, P. & Hunt, C (2013). The relationship between family mealtime interactions and eating disorder in childhood and adolescence: A systematic review. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Family Therapy, 34, 54-74. DOI: 10.1002/anzf.1005
- Zordan R, Butow P, Kirsten L, Juraskova I, O’Reilly A, Friedsam J, Bovopolous N, Hienrich P, Charles M, Hobbs K, Kissane D. (2012). The development of novel interventions for cancer support group leaders. Supportive Care in Cancer, 20(3), 445-54
- Healy, S., Israel, F., Charles, MA & Reymond, L. (2013). An educational package that supports laycarers to safely manage breakthrough subcutaneous injections for home-based palliative care patients: Development and evaluation of a service quality improvement. Palliative Medicine, 27(6) 562-570
- Hunt, C., & Hyde, J. (2013). A taxonomy of psychology standards and training, and their relevance for psychiatrists. Australasian Psychiatry, 21, 113-116 DOI: 10.1177/1039856213476121
- MacDougall HG, McGarvie LA, Halmagyi GM, Curthoys IS, Weber KP (2013). The video head impulse test (vHIT) detects vertical semicircular canal dysfunction. PLoS One, 8 (4): e61488
- Schofield, Juraskova I, Bergin R, Gough K, Mileshkin L, Krishnasamy M, White K, Bernshaw D, Penberthy S, Aranda S. (2013). A nurse- and peer-led support program to assist women in gynaecological oncology receiving curative radiotherapy, the PeNTAGOn study (Peer and nurse support trial to assist women in gynaecological oncology): study protocol for a randomised controlled tria. Trials, 14, 39
- Laidsaar-Powell R, Butow P, Bu S, Charles C, Gafni A, Lam W, Jansen J, McCaffery K, Shepherd H, Tattersall M, & Juraskova I. (2013). Physician-patient-companion communication and decision-making: A systematic review of triadic medical consultations. Patient Education and Counselling, 91(1), 3–13
- Kelly & Rhodes (2013). The Evolution of the DSM and Some Implications for Clinicians‘ Practice. Clinical Psychology Forum, Issue 243
- Dar-Nimrod, I., Zuckerman, M., & Duberstein, P. R. (2013). The Effects of Learning about One’s Own Genetic Susceptibility to Alcoholism: A Randomized Experiment. Genetics in Medicine, 15(2):132-8
- Natal, S. D. C., McLaren, I. P. L. & Livesey, E. J. (2013). Generalisation of Feature- and Rule-Based Learning in the Categorization of Dimensional Stimuli: Evidence for Dual Processes Under Cognitive Control. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Animal Behavior Processes, Feb 18 , 2013
- Tiliopoulos, N., & Bikker, A. (2013). A thematic comparison of religiosity profiles between Christians with low and high schizotypy. Mental Health, Religion & Culture, 16, 173-178
- Fowler, S. & Szabó, M. (2013). The Emotional Experience Associated with Worrying in Adolescents. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 35, Issue 1, pp 65-75
- Owens, C., & White, F. (2013). A five-year systematic strategy to reduce plagiarism amongst first-year psychology university students. Australian Journal of Psychology, 65, 14-21
- Zadro, L. (2013). The silent treatment: Uncovering the nature and consequences of ostracism. APA Observer, 26 (2)
- Maloney, R.T., Lam, S.K. & Clifford, C.W.G. (2013). Colour misbinding during motion rivalry. Biology Letters, 9 (1), 20120899, 1-4
- S Wardle, D Alais (2013). Evidence for speed sensitivity to motion in depth from binocular cues. Journal of Vision, 10;13(1) pii: 17. doi: 10.1167/13.1.17
- Morony, S., Kleitman, S., Lee, Y. P., & Stankov, L. (2013). Predicting achievement: Confidence vs self-efficacy, anxiety, and self-concept in Confucian and European countries. International Journal of Educational Research, 58, 79-96
- Manzari L, MacDougall HG, Burgess AM, Curthoys IS (2013). New, Fast, Clinical Vestibular Tests Identify Whether a Vertigo Attack is Due to Early Meniere’s Disease or Vestibular Neuritis. Laryngoscope, 123 (2), 507-511
- Andrews, S. and Lo, S. (2013). Is morphological priming stronger for transparent than opaque words? It depends on individual differences in spelling and vocabulary. Journal of Memory and Language, 68, 279–296
- Juraskova I, Butow P, Bonner C, Robertson R, Sharpe L. (2013). Sexual adjustment following early stage cervical and endometrial cancer: prospective controlled multi-centre study. Psycho-Oncology, 22: 153–159. DOI: 10.1002/pon.2066
- Hunt, C., Rapee, R. & Peters, L. (2012). Development of a measure of the experience of being bullied in youth. Psychological Assessment, 24, 156-165. DOI: 10.1037/a0025178
- Swinbourne, J., Hunt, C., Abbott, M., Russell, J., St Clare, T., & Touyz, S. (2012). The comorbidity between eating disorders and anxiety disorders: Prevalence in an eating disorder sample and anxiety disorder sample. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, 46, 118-131. DOI: 10.1177/0004867411432071
- MacCann, C., & Roberts, R. D. (2013). Just as smart but not as successful: obese students obtain lower school grades but equivalent test scores to nonobese students. International Journal of Obesity, 37, 40-46
- Fisher A, Bonner C, Biankin A & Juraskova I.(2012). Factors influencing intention to undergo whole genome screening in future healthcare: A single- blind parallel-group randomised trial. Preventive Medicine, 55(5), 514–520
- Juraskova, O’Brien M, Mullan B, Bari R, Powell R, McCaffery K.(2012). HPV Vaccination and the effect of information framing on behavioural intentions: An application of the Theory of Planned Behaviour and Moral Norm. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 19(4), 518-525
- Brown R F, Butow P N, Wilson-Genderson M, Bernhard J, Ribi K & Juraskova I. (2012). Meeting breast cancer patients’ decision-making preferences in oncology consultations: impact on decision related outcomes. Journal of Clinical Oncology 30(8), 857-86
- Lee, J. C. & Livesey, E. J. (2012). Second-order conditioning and conditioned inhibition: Influences of speed versus accuracy on human causal learning. PLoS ONE, 7(11), e49899
- Gascoigne, M. B., Barton, B., Webster, R., Gill, D., Antony, J., & Lah, S. (2012). Long-term accelerated forgetting in children with idiopathic generalized epilepsy. Epilepsia, DOI: 10.1111/j.1528-1167.2012.03719.x
- Harris IM, Murray AM, Hayward WG, O'Callaghan C, Andrews S (2012). Repetition blindness reveals differences between the representationsof manipulable and non-manipulable objects. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception & Performance, 38(5), 1228-1241
- Grant, A. M. (2012). ROI is a poor measure of coaching success: Towards a more holistic approach using a well-being and engagement framework. Coaching: An International Journal of Theory, Research and Practice, 1-12
- Pasalich, D.S., Dadds, M. R., Vincent, L., Hawes, D.J., & Brennan, J. (2012). Emotional communication in families of conduct problem children with high versus low callous-unemotional traits. Journal of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology, 41(2), 302-313
- Bonner C, Nattress K, Anderson C, Carter J,Milross C,Philp S & Juraskova I. (2012). Chore or priority? Barriers and facilitators affecting dilator use after pelvic radiotherapy for gynaecological cancer. Supportive Care in Cancer, 20(10):2305-13
- Kim J, Marlow P, Anderson B (2012). The dark side of gloss (featured on the cover of Nature Neuroscience). Nature Neuroscience, Accepted 17 August 2012
- Hunt, C.J., Gonsalkorale, K., and Nosek, B.A. (2012). Links between psychosocial variables and body dissatisfaction in homosexual men: Differential relations with the drive for muscularity and the drive for thinness. International Journal of Men's Health, 11, 127-136
- Hibberd, F. J. (2012). Scientific theism: Where the force of logic is denied its force (Invited paper on theism in Science). Research in the Social Scientific Study of Religion, 23, 107-120
- Croot, K., Ballard, K. Leyton, C. & Hodges, J.R. (2012). Apraxia of speech and phonological errors in the diagnosis of nonfluent/agrammatic and logopenic variants of primary progressive aphasia. Journal of Speech Language and Hearing Research, 55, 1-11
- Holcombe, A.O., Chen, W.Y. (2012). Exhausting attentional tracking resources with a single fast-moving object. Cognition, 123(2), 218-228
- Johnston IN, Maier SF, Rudy JW, Watkins LR. (2012). Post-conditioning experience with acute or chronic inflammatory pain reduces contextual fear conditioning in the rat. Behavioural Brain Research, 226(2):361-8
- Wells R, Outhred T, Heathers JAJ, Quintana DS, Kemp AH (2012). Matter over mind: A randomised-controlled trial of single-session biofeedback training on performance anxiety and heart rate variability in musicians. PLoS ONE, 7(10): e46597
- Stevenson, R.J., Rich, A., & Russell, A. (2012). The nature and origin of cross-modal associations to odours. Perception, 41, 606–619
- Loh, V., Andrews, S., Hesketh, B. and Griffin, B. (2012). The moderating effect of individual differences in error-management training: Who learns from mistakes?. Human Factors, DOI:10.1177/0018720812451856
- Bosanquet DP, MacDougall H, Rogers S, Starmer G, McKetin R, Blaszczynski A, and McGregor IS (2012). Driving on ice: Impaired driving skills in current methamphetamine users. Psychopharmacology, DOI: 10.1007/s00213-012-2805-y
- Grant, AM., Cavanagh, MJ., Kleitman, S., Spence, G., Lakota, M and Yu, N (2012). Development and validation of the solution-focused inventory. The Journal of Positive Psychology, 7(4), 334–348
- Mareschal, I. & Clifford, C.W.G. (2012). Perceptual entrainment of individually unambiguous motions. Journal of Vision, 12 (1): 24, 1-8
- Gandy M, Sharpe L, Perry KN. (2012). Psychosocial predictors of depression and anxiety in patients with epilepsy: A systematic review. Journal of Affective Disorders, 140(3), 222-32
- Wai, M., & Tiliopoulos, N. (2012). The affective & cognitive empathic nature of the Dark Triad of personality. Personality & Individual Differences, 52, 794-799
- Begeer, S., Bernstein, D. M., van Wijhe, J., Scheeren, A. M., & Koot, H. M. (2012). A continuous false belief task reveals egocentric biases in children and adolescents with autism. Autism, 16(4), 357-366
- Bowen MT, Keats K, Kendig MD, Cakic V, Callaghan PD, McGregor IS (2012). Aggregation in quads but not pairs of rats exposed to cat odor or bright light. Behavioural Processes, 90, 331-336
- Monds, L. A., Paterson, H. M., Kemp, R. I., & Bryant, R. A., (2012). Individual differences in susceptibility to false memories for neutral and trauma-related words. Psychiatry, Psychology & Law, DOI:10.1080/13218719.2012.692932
- Kothe, E. J., Mullan, B. A., & Butow, P. (2012). Promoting fruit and vegetable consumption: Testing an intervention based on the theory of planned behaviour. Appetite, 58(3), 997-1004
- Ellison, R., Rhodes, P., Madden, S., Miscovec, J., Wallis, A., Baillie, A., Kohn, M. & Touyz, S. (2012). Do the components of manualized family-based treatment for anorexia nervosa predict weight gain?. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 45 (4) 609-614
- Burrus, J., Betnacourt, A., Holtzman, S., Minsky, J., MacCann, C., & Roberts, R. D. (2012). Emotional intelligence relates to well-being: Evidence from the Situational Judgment Test of Emotional Management. Applied Psychology: Health and Well-Being, 4, 151–166
- Kwok, D. W. S., Livesey, E. J. & Boakes, R. A. (2012). Serial overshadowing of taste aversion learning by stimuli preceding the target taste. Learning & Behavior, DOI: 10.3758/s13420-011-0064-0
- Sambuco, M., Brookes, N., Catroppa, C., & Lah, S. (2012). Predictors of long-term sibling behavioural outcome and self esteem following paediatric traumatic brain injury. Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation, doi: 10.1097/HTR.0b013e3182274162
- Sharpe, L. and Leslie S. (2012). A Blind Randomized Controlled Trial of Cognitive versus Behavioral versus Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, 81 3), 145-152
- Lo, S.-Y., Howard, C.J., and Holcombe, A.O. (2012). Feature-based attentional interference revealed in perceptual errors and lags. Vision Research, 63: 20-33
- Choi, I., Zou, J., Titov, N., Dear, B.F., Li, S., Johnston, L., Andrews, G., Hunt, C. (2012). Culturally attuned internet treatment for depression amongst Chinese Australians: A randomised controlled trial. Journal of Affective Disorders, 136(3), 459-468
- Fardell JE, Vardy J, Shah JD, Johnston IN. (2012). Cognitive impairments caused by oxaliplatin and 5-fluorouracil chemotherapy are ameliorated by physical activity. Psychopharmacology (Berl), 220(1):183-93
- Kemp, A.H., Quintana, D.S., Felmingham, K.L., Matthews, S., Jelinek, H.F. (2012). Depression, comorbid anxiety disorders and heart rate variability in physically healthy, unmedicated patients: Implications for cardiovascular risk. PLoS One, 7(2):e30777
- Gluga, R., Kay, J., Lister, R., Kleitman, S. and Lever, T. (2012). Over-confidence and confusion in using Bloom for programming fundamentals assessment. In Proceedings of the 43rd ACM technical symposium on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE '12). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 147-152
- Hawes, D. J., Zadro, L., Fink, E., Richardson, R., O'Moore, K., Griffiths, B., Dadds, M. R., & Williams, K. D. (2012). The effects of peer ostracism on children's cognitive processes. European Journal of Developmental Psychology, DOI:10.1080/17405629.2011.638815
- Harris, J. A., Andrew, B. J. & Livesey, E. J. (2012). The content of compound conditioning. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Animal Behavior Processes, 38, 157-166
- Meins, E., Fernyhough, C., de Rosnay, M., Arnott, B., Leekham, S., & Turner, M. (2011). Mind-mindedness as a multidimensional construct: Appropriate and nonattuned mind-related comments independently predict infant-mother attachment in a socially diverse sample. Infancy, DOI: 10.1111/j.1532-7078.2011.00087.x
- Manzari L, Burgess AM, Curthoys IS (2012). Vestibular function in Lermoyez syndrome at attack. European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology and Head & Neck, 269 (2): 685-691
- Mareschal, I. and Clifford, C.W.G. (2012). Perceptual entrainment of individually unambiguous motions. Journal of Vision, 12(1): 24; doi:10.1167/12.1.24
- Butow, P., Lobb EA, Jefford M, Goldstein D, Eisenbruch M, Girgis A, King M, Sze M, Aldridge LJ, Schofield P. (2012). A Bridge between cultures: Interpreters’ perspectives of consultations with migrant oncology patients. Journal of Supportive Care in Cancer, 20(2), 235-244
- Baudinet, J. and Blaszczynski, A. (2012). Arousal and gambling mode preference: A review of the literature. Journal of Gambling Studies, DOI 10.1007/s10899-012-9304-2
- White, F.A., & Abu-Rayya, H.M. (2012). A dual identity-electronic contact (DIEC) experiment promoting short- and long-term intergroup harmony. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, DOI:10.1016/j.jesp.2012.01.007
- Sharpe, L., Ianiello, M., Dear, B.F., Nicholson Perry, K., Refshauge, K and Nicholas, M.K. (2012). Is there a potential role for attention bias modification in pain patients? The results of two randomized, controlled trials. Pain, 153, 722–731
- MacCann, C., Lipnevich, A. A., Burrus, J. B., & Roberts, R. D. (2012). The best years of our lives? Coping with stress predicts school grades, life satisfaction, and feelings about high school. Learning and Individual Differences, 22, 235–241
- McGregor, I. S., Bowen, M. T. (2012). Breaking the loop: Oxytocin as a potential treatment for drug addiction. Hormones and Behavior, 10.1016/j.yhbeh.2011.12.001
- Blaszczynski, A., Collins, P., Fong, D., Ladouceur, R., Nower, L., Shaffer, H.J., Tavares, H., Venisse, J.-L. (2011). Responsible gambling: General principles and minimal requirements. Journal of Gambling Studies, 27 (4), pp. 565-573
- Quinn, C., Harris, A., & Kemp, A. (2012). The interdependence of subtype and severity: Contributions of clinical and neuropsychological features to melancholia and non-melancholia in an outpatient sample. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, 18(02), 361–369
- Howie, P., Nash, L., Kurukulasuriya, N., & Bowman, A. (2011). Children's event reports: Factors affecting responses to repeated questions in vignette scenarios and event recall interviews. British Journal of Developmental Psychology, DOI:10.1111/j.2044-835X.2011.02064.x
- Kwok, D.W.S. & Boakes, R.A. (2012). Blocking of acquisition of a taste aversion by a context experienced prior to the taste. Behavioural Processes, 89, 27– 29
- Green, A.C. Hunt, C. & Stain, H.J. (2011). The delay between symptom onset and seeking professional treatment for anxiety and depressive disorders in a rural Australian sample. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, DOI: 10.1007/s00127-011-0453-x
- Paffen, C.L.E. & Alais, D. (2011). Attentional modulation of binocular rivalry. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, DOI: 10.3389/fnhum.2011.00105
- Kaur, A., Butow, P. and Thewes, B. (2011). Do metacognitions predict attentional bias in health anxiety?. Cognitive Therapy and Research, 35, 575-580
- Dear, B.F., Sharpe, L., Nicholas, M.K. and Refshauge, K. (2011). The psychometric properties of the dot-probe paradigm when used in pain-related attentional bias research. Journal of Pain, 12, 1247 - 1254
- Quinn, C. R., Harris, A., & Kemp, A. (2012). The impact of depression heterogeneity on inhibitory control. The Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, doi:10.1177/0004867411432073
- Dilda, V., MacDougall, H.G., Curthoys, I.S. and Moore, S.T. Effects of Galvanic vestibular stimulation on cognitive function. Experimental Brain Research, DOI: 10.1007/s00221-011-2929-z
- Karanges, E. and McGregor, I.S. (2011). Antidepressants and adolescent brain development. Future Neurology, 6, 783-808
- Pasalich, D.S., Dadds, M.R., Hawes, D.J. and Brennan, J. (2011). Do callous-unemotional traits moderate the relative importance of parental coercion versus warmth in child conduct problems? An observational study. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry and Allied Disciplines, 52, 1308-1315
- Harris, J.A. and Carpenter, J.S. (2011). Response rate and reinforcement rate in Pavlovian conditioning. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Animal Behavior Processes, 37, 375-384
- Sharpe, M.J., Fardell, J.E., Vardy, J. and Johnston, I.N. (2011). The chemotherapy agent oxaliplatin impairs the renewal of fear to an extinguished conditioned stimulus in rats. Behavioural Brain Research, doi:10.1016/j.bbr.2011.11.005
- Kothe, E.J. and Mullan, B (2011). Perceptions of fruit and vegetable dietary guidelines among Australian young adults. Nutrition & Dietetics, 68, 262–266
- Connors, M.H., Burns, B.D. and Campitelli, G. (2011). Expertise in complex decision making: The role of search in chess 70 years after de Groot. Cognitive Science, 35, 1567–1579
- Suryani, L.K., Lesmana, C.B.J. and Tiliopoulos, N. (2011). Treating the untreated: Applying a community-based, culturally sensitive psychiatric intervention to confined and physically restrained mentally ill individuals in Bali, Indonesia. European Archives of Psychiatry & Clinical Neuroscience, 261, 140-144
- Beesley, V.L., Price, M.A., Webb, P.M., Australian Ovarian Cancer Study Group and Australian Ovarian Cancer Study—Quality of Life Study Investigators (2011). Loss of lifestyle: Health behaviour and weight changes after becoming a caregiver of a family member diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Support Care Cancer, 19:1949–1956
- Robitaille, N. and Harris, I.M. (2011). When more is less: Extraction of summary statistics benefits from larger sets. Journal of Vision, 11(12): 18, 1–8
- Smith, M.L., and Lah, S. (2011). One declarative memory system or two? The relationship between episodic and semantic memory in children with temporal lobe epilepsy. Neuropsychology, 25, 634-644
- Rhodes P., Whatson L., Mora L., Hansson A., Dikian J. & Brearley K. (2011). Systemic hypothesising for challenging behaviour: A reflecting team approach. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Family Therapy, 32(1): 70-82
- Kleitman, S. and Gibson, J. (2011). Metacognitive beliefs, self-confidence and primary learning environment of sixth grade students. Learning and Individual Differences, 21: 728–735
- Phillips, J.G., Ogeil, R.P., Blaszczynski, A. (2011). Electronic interests and behaviours associated with gambling problems. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction, DOI: 10.1007/s11469-011-9356-z
- Gonsalkorale, K., Sherman, J.W., Allen, T.J., Klauer, K.C., Amodio, D.M. (2011). Accounting for successful control of implicit racial bias: The roles of association activation, response monitoring, and overcoming bias. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 37 (11) pp. 1534-1545
- Curthoys, I.S., Vulovic, V., Burgess, A.M., Cornell, E.D., Mezey, L.E., Macdougall, H.G., Manzari, L., Mcgarvie, L.A. (2011). The basis for using bone-conducted vibration or air-conducted sound to test otolithic function. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1233 (1) pp. 231-241
- Radford, K., Lah, S., Thayer, Z., Miller, L.A. (2011). Effective group-based memory training for patients with epilepsy. Epilepsy and Behavior, 22 (2) pp. 272-278
- Beesley, V.L., Price, M.A., Butow, P.N., Green, A.C., Olsen, C.M.,
Australian Ovarian Cancer Study Group, Australian Ovarian Cancer Study — Quality of Life Study Investigators and Webb, P.M. Physical activity in women with ovarian cancer and its association with decreased distress and improved quality of life. Psycho-Oncology, 20: 1161–1169
- Livesey, E.J., Harris, I.M. (2011). Target sparing effects in the attentional blink depend on type of stimulus. Attention, Perception and Psychophysics, 73:2104–2123
- Kor, K., Mullan, B.A. (2011). Sleep hygiene behaviours: An application of the theory of planned behaviour and the investigation of perceived autonomy support, past behaviour and response inhibition. Psychology and Health, 26 (9), 1208-1224
- Andrews, S., and Lo, S. (2011). Not all skilled readers have cracked the code: Individual differences in masked form priming. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition, doi: 10.1037/a0024953
- Webber, K., Mok, K., Bennet, B., Lloyd, A. R., Friedlander, M., Juraskova, I. and Goldstein, D. on behalf of the FolCan Study Group (2011). If I am in the mood, I enjoy it: An exploration of cancer-related fatigue and sexual functioning in women with breast cancer. The Oncologist, 16:1333–1344
- Maguire, S., Touyz, S., Surgenor, L., Crosby, R.D., Engel, S.G., Lacey, H., Heywood-Everett, S., Le Grange, D. (2011). The clinician administered staging instrument for anorexia nervosa: Development and psychometric properties. International Journal of Eating Disorders, DOI: 10.1002/eat.20951
- Goddard, E., Mannion, D.J., McDonald, J.S., Solomon, S.G., Clifford, C.W. (2011). Color responsiveness argues against a dorsal component of human V4. Journal of Vision, 11(4)
- Ahmed, R.M., MacDougall, H.G., Halmagyi, G.M. (2011). Unilateral vestibular loss due to systemically administered gentamicin. Otology and Neurotology, 32(7), 1158-1162
- Shepherd, H.L., Barratt, A., Trevena, L.J., McGeechan, K., Carey, K., Epstein, R.M., Butow, P.N., Del Mar, C.B., Entwistle, V., Tattersall, M.H.N. (2011). Three questions that patients can ask to improve the quality of information physicians give about treatment options: A cross-over trial. Patient Education and Counseling, 84(3), 379-385
- Howard, C.J., Masom, D., Holcombe, A.O. (2011). Position representations lag behind targets in multiple object tracking. Vision Research, 51(17), 1907-1919
- Reymond, L., Israel, F. J., Charles, M. A. (2011). A residential aged care end-of-life care pathway (RAC EoLCP) for Australian aged care facilities. Australian Health Review, 35, 350–356
- Fardell, J. E., Vardy, J., Johnston, I. N., & Winocur, G. (2011). Chemotherapy and cognitive impairment: Treatment options. Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 90(3), 366-376
- Boucher, A.A. , Arnold, J.C., Hunt, G.E., Spiro, A., Spencer, J., Brown, C., McGregor, I.S., Bennett, M.R., Kassiou, M. (2011). Resilience and reduced c-Fos expression in P2X7 receptor knockout mice exposed to repeated forced swim test. Neuroscience, 189(25), 170-177
- Perz, J., Ussher, J.M., Butow, P.N., Wain, G (2011). Gender differences in cancer carer psychological distress: An analysis of moderators and mediators. European Journal of Cancer Care, 20(5), 610-619
- Abrahamyan, A., Clifford, C.W.G., Ruzzoli, M., Phillips, D., Arabzadeh, E., Harris, J.A. (2011). Accurate and rapid estimation of phosphene thresholds (REPT). PLoS ONE, 6(7), e22342
- Howard, C.J., Masom, D., Holcombe, A.O. (2011). Position representations lag behind targets in multiple object tracking. Vision Research, DOI: 10.1016/j.visres.2011.07.001
- Dilda, V., MacDougall, H.G., Moore, S.T. (2011). Tolerance to extended galvanic vestibular stimulation: Optimal exposure for astronaut training. Aviation Space and Environmental Medicine, 82(8), 770-774
- Harris, J.A., Gharaei, S., Pincham, H.L. (2011). Response rates track the history of reinforcement times. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Animal Behavior Processes, 37(3), 277-286
- Sheludiakova, A., Rooney, K., Boakes, R.A. (2011). Metabolic and behavioural effects of sucrose and fructose/glucose drinks in the rat. European Journal of Nutrition, DOI: 10.1007/s00394-011-0228-x
- Radford, K., Lah, S., Thayer, Z., Miller, L.A. (2011). Effective group-based memory training for patients with epilepsy. Epilepsy and Behavior, DOI: 10.1016/j.yebeh.2011.06.021
- Hawes, D.J., Dadds, M.R., Frost, A.D.J., Hasking, P.A. (2011). Do childhood callous-unemotional traits drive change in parenting practices?. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 40(4), 507-518
- Vulovic, V. and Curthoys, I.S. (2011). Bone conducted vibration activates the vestibulo-ocular reflex in the guinea pig. Brain Research Bulletin, 86, 74– 81
- Kendig, M.D., Bowen, M.T., Kemp, A.H., & McGregor, I.S. (2011). Predatory threat induces huddling in adolescent rats and residual changes in early adulthood suggestive of increased resilience. Behavioural Brain Research, doi:10.1016/j.bbr.2011.07.058
- Kemp, A. H., & Guastella, A. J. (2011). The role of oxytocin in human affect: A novel hypothesis. Current Directions in Psychological Science, 20(4), 222–231
- Chudleigh, C., Naismith, S.L., Blaszczynski, A., Hermens, D.F., Hodge, M.A.R. and Hickie, I.B. (2011). How does social functioning in the early stages of psychosis relate to depression and social anxiety?. Early Intervention in Psychiatry, DOI: 10.1111/j.1751-7893.2011.00280.x
- Ruzzoli, M., Abrahamyan, A., Clifford, C.W.G., Marzi, C.A., Miniussi, C. and Harris, J.A. (2011). The effect of tms on visual motion sensitivity: An increase in neural noise or a decrease in signal strength?. Journal of Neurophysiology, 106 (1) pp. 138-143
- Mullan, B., Wong, C., Allom, V., Pack, S.L. (2011). The role of executive function in bridging the intention-behaviour gap for binge-drinking in university students. Addictive Behaviors, 36 (10), 1023-1026
- Taubert, J., Alais, D. (2011). Identity aftereffects, but not composite effects, are contingent on contrast polarity. Perception, 40 (4) pp. 422-436
- Shepherd, H.L., Butow, P.N., Tattersall, M.H.N. (2011). Factors which motivate cancer doctors to involve their patients in reaching treatment decisions. Patient Education and Counseling, 84 (2) pp. 229-235
- Karanges, E, Li, K.M., Motbey, C., Callaghan, P.D., Katsifis, A. and McGregor, I.S. (2011). Differential behavioural and neurochemical outcomes from chronic paroxetine treatment in adolescent and adult rats: A model of adverse antidepressant effects in human adolescents?. International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology, 14 (4) pp. 491-504
- Ziegler, M., MacCann, C., & Roberts, R. D. (2011). New perspectives on faking in personality assessments. Oxford University Press
- Gabales, L. and Birney, D.P. (2011). Are the limits in processing and storage capacity common? Exploring the additive and interactive effects of processing and storage load in working memory. Journal of Cognitive Psychology, 23(3), 322-341
- Holcombe, A.O., Linares, D.L. and Vaziri-Pashkam, M. (2011). Perceiving spatial relationships via attentional tracking and shifting. Current Biology, 21, 1-5
- Brennan, M.E., Butow, P.N., Marven, M., Spillane, A.J. and Boyle, F.M. (2011). Survivorship care after breast cancer treatment - Experiences and preferences of Australian women. Breast, 20(3), 271- 277
- Colagiuri, B., Livesey, E.J. and Harris, J.A.(2011). Can expectancies produce placebo effects for implicit learning?. Psychonomic Bulletin and Review, 18(3), 399-405
- Apthorp, D., Cass, J. and Alais, D. (2011). The spatial tuning of “motion streak” mechanisms revealed by masking and adaptation. Journal of Vision, 11(7):17, 1–16
- Brooks G., Blaszczynski A. (2011). Judicial decisions on cases involving problem gambling and crime in England and Wales. International Gambling Studies, 11(1), 81-92
- Livesey, D., Lum Mow, M., Toshack, T. and Zheng, Y. (2011). The relationship between motor performance and peer relations in 9- to 12-year-old children. Child: Care, Health and Development, 37(4), 581-588
- Patel D., Sharpe L., Thewes B., Bell M.L., Clarke S. (2011). Using the distress thermometer and hospital anxiety and depression scale to screen for psychosocial morbidity in patients diagnosed with colorectal cancer. Journal of Affective Disorders, 131, 412 - 416
- Wakefield, C. E., Ratnayake, R., Meiser, B., Suthers, G., Price, M.A., Duffy, J. and (kConFab), and Tucker, K. (2011). ‘‘For all my family’s sake, I should go and find out’’: An Australian report on genetic counseling and testing uptake in individuals at high risk of breast and/or ovarian cancer. Genetic Testing and Molecular Biomarkers, 15(6), 379-385
- Curthoys, I.S. and Vulovic, V. (2011). Vestibular primary afferent responses to sound and vibration in the guinea pig. Experimental Brain Research, 210, 347–352
- De Morgan S., Butow, P.N., Lobb, E.A., Price, M.A. and Nehill, C. (2011). Development and pilot testing of a communication aid to assist clinicians to communicate with women diagnosed with ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS). Support Care Cancer, 19, 717–723
- Anderson, C., Carter, J., Nattress, K., Beale, P., Philp, S., Harrison, J. and Juraskova, I. (2011). "The booklet helped me not to panic" A pilot of a decision aid for asymptomatic women with ovarian cancer and with rising CA-125 levels. International Journal of Gynecological Cancer, 21(4), 737-743
- Tiliopoulos, N.,Francis, L.J., and Slattery, M. (2011). Attitude toward religion and happiness: Exploring the link among Hindu Bunts in South India. Transpersonal Psychology Review, 14, (2), 25 - 29
- Curthoys IS, Iwasaki S, Chihara Y, Ushio M, McGarvie LA, Burgess AM (2011). The ocular vestibular-evoked myogenic potential to air-conducted sound; probable superior vestibular nerve origin. Clinical Neurophysiology, 122(3):611-616
- Curthoys, I. S. (2011). A red thread as a guide in the vestibular labyrinth. Editorial. Journal of Physiology, 589 (6): 1241
- Gainsbury, S. and Blaszczynski, A. (2011). The appropriateness of using laboratories and student participants in gambling research. Journal of Gambling Studies, 27:83–97
- Lipnevich, A. A., MacCann, C., Krumm, S., Burrusm J., & Roberts, R. D. (2011). Mathematics attitudes and mathematics outcomes of U.S. and Belarusian middle school students. Journal of Educational Psychology, 103, 105-118
- Pons, F., de Rosany, M. and Doudin, P-A. (Eds)(2010). Emotions in Research and Practice. Aalborg University Press: Denmark
- Abrahamyan, A., Clifford, C.W.G., Arabzadeh, E. and Harris, J. A. (2011). Improving visual sensitivity with subthreshold Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. The Journal of Neuroscience, 31(9):3290 –3294
- Gainsbury, S. and Blaszczynski, A. (2011). A systematic review of Internet-based therapy for the treatment of addictions. Clinical Psychology Review, 31, 490–498
- Gonsalkorale, K., Allen, T.J., Sherman, J.W. and Klauer, K.C. (2010)
. Mechanisms of group membership and exemplar exposure effects on implicit attitudes. Social Psychology, 41(3), 158-168
- Paterson, H., Kemp, R. and Ng, J. (2011). Combating co-witness contamination: Attempting to decrease the negative effects of discussion on eyewitness memory. Applied Cognitive Psychology, 25: 43–52
- Murray, S. B., Rieger, E., Touyz, S. W., & De la Garza Garcia, Y. (2010). Muscle Dysmorphia and the DSM-V conundrum: Where does it belong? A Review paper. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 43, 483-491
- Smith B, Juraskova I, Butow P, Miguel C, Chang S, Lopez A. Brown R, Bernhard J. (2011). Sharing vs. Caring - The relative impact of sharing decisions versus managing emotions on patient outcomes. Patient Education and Counseling, 82:233–239
- Ratnayake, P., Wakefield, C. E., Meiser, B., Suthers, G., Price, M. A., Duffy, J., The Kathleen Cuningham National Consortium for Research into Familial Breast Cancer and Tucker, K. (2011). An exploration of the communication preferences regarding genetic testing in individuals from families with identified breast/ovarian cancer mutations. Familial Cancer, 10:97–105
- Juraskova I, Bari R, O’Brien M, McCaffery K. (2011). HPV vaccine promotion: Does referring to both cervical cancer and genital warts affect intended and actual vaccination behaviour?. Women’s Health Issues, 21(1):71-79
- Boag, S. & Tiliopoulos, N. (Eds.) (2011). Personality & Individual Differences: Theory, assessment, & application. New York: Nova Science Publishers
- Seigers, R. and J. E. Fardell (2011). Neurobiological basis of chemotherapy-induced cognitive impairment: A review of rodent research. Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews, 35(3): 729-741
- Russell, A. M. T., & Boakes, R. A. (2011). Identification of confusable odours including wines: Appropriate labels enhance performance. Food Quality and Preference, 22, 296–303
- Wardle, S.G., Cass, J., Brooks, K.R., & Alais, D. (2010). Breaking camouflage: Binocular disparity reduces contrast masking in natural images. Journal of Vision, doi: 10.1167/10.14.38
- Gainsbury, S. and Blaszczynski, A. (2010). A systematic review of Internet-based therapy for the treatment of addictions. Clinical Psychology Review, doi:10.1016/j.cpr.2010.11.007
- Kothe, E. J., Mullan, B. A., & Amaratunga, R. (2011). Randomised controlled trial of a brief theory-based intervention promoting breakfast consumption. Appetite, 56(1), 148-155
- Wilkes, B. L., Gonsalvez, C. J. and Blaszczynski, A. (2010). Capturing SCL and HR changes to win and loss events during gambling on electronic machines. International Journal of Psychophysiology, 78, 265–272
- MacCann, C., Fogarty, G. J., Zeidner, M., & Roberts, R. D. (2011). Coping mediates the relationship between emotional intelligence (EI) and academic achievement. Contemporary Educational Psychology, 36, 60-70
- Harris, J. A. and Livesey, E. J. (2010). An attention modulated associative network. Learning & Behavior, 38, 1-26
- Tiliopoulos, N. and McVittie, C. (2010). Aspects of identity in a British Christian sample. Mental Health, Religion & Culture, 13, 707-719
- Mullan, B. A., Wong, C., & O'Moore, K. (2010). Predicting hygienic food handling behaviour: Modelling the Health Action Process Approach. British Food Journal, 112 (11), pp.1216 - 1229
- Mullan, B. A. and Kothe, E. J. (2010). Evaluating a nursing communication skills training course: The relationships between self-rated ability, satisfaction, and actual performance. Nurse Education in Practice, 10 (6), 374-378
- Mullan, B. and Wong, C. (2010). Using the Theory of Planned Behaviour to design a food hygiene intervention. Food Control, 21 (2010) 1524–1529
- Cliff C. Kerr, C. C., Kemp, A. H., Rennie, C. J. and Robinson, P. A. (2010). Thalamocortical changes in major depression probed by deconvolution and physiology-based modeling. NeuroImage, doi:10.1016/j.neuroimage.2010.11.008
- Zordan, R. D., Juraskova, I., Butow, P.N., Jolan, A., Kirsten, L. Chapman, J., Sedgwick, C., Charles, M. and Sundquist, K. (2010). Exploring the impact of training on the experience of Australian support group leaders: current practices and implications for research. Health Expectations, 13, pp.427–440
- Roberts, R. D., MacCann, C., Matthews, G., & Zeidner, M. (2010). Teaching and Learning Guide for: Emotional intelligence: Towards a consensus of models, measures, and applications. Social and Personality Psychology Compass, 10, 968-981
- Roberts, R. D., MacCann, C., Matthews, G., & Zeidner, M. (2010). Emotional intelligence: Towards a consensus of models, measures, and applications. Social and Personality Psychology Compass, 10, 821-840
- Foley E, Baillie A, Huxter M, Price M, Sinclair E. (2010). Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy for individuals whose lives have been affected by cancer: A randomized controlled trial. Journal of Consulting Clinical Psycholology, 78(1): 72-79
- Craddock, A.E., Church, W., Harrison, F., & Sands, A. (2010). Family of origin qualities as predictors of Religious Dysfunctional Perfectionism. Journal of Psychology & Theology, 38, 3, 205-214
- Price MA, Butow PN, Charles M., Bullen T, Meiser B, McKinley JM, McLachlan S-A, Phillips K-A, kConFab (2010). Predictors of breast cancer screening behavior in women with a strong family history of the disease. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, 124(2): 509–519
- Abu-Rayya, H., & White. F.A. (2010). Acculturation orientations and religious identity as predictors of Anglo-Australians' attitudes towards Australian Muslims. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 34, 592-599
- Kemp, A.H., Quintana, D.S. and Gray, M. (2010). Is heart rate variability reduced in depression without cardiovascular disease? [Letter to the Editor]. Biological Psychiatry, doi:10.1016/j.biopsych.2010.07.030
- Fritz, K., Howie, P., & Kleitman, S. (2010). How do I remember when I got my dog? The structure and development of children's metamemory. Metacognition and Learning, 5(2), 207 - 28
- Fardell, J. E. Vardy, J., Logge, W. Johnston, I. (2010). Single high dose treatment with methotrexate causes long-lasting cognitive dysfunction in laboratory rodents. Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior, doi:10.1016/j.pbb.2010.08.019
- Hibberd, F. J.(2010). Situational realism, critical realism, causation and the charge of positivism. History of the Human Sciences, 23(4) 37–51
- MacCann, C., Wang, L., Matthews, G., & Roberts, R. D. (2010). Emotional intelligence and the eye of the beholder: Comparing self- and parent-rated situational judgments in adolescents. Journal of Research in Personality, 44, 673-676
- Alais, D., Cass, J., O'Shea, R. P., & Blake, R. (2010). Visual sensitivity underlying changes in visual consciousness. Current Biology, 20(15), 1362-1367
- Dakin, S. C., Apthorp, D., & Alais, D. (2010). Anisotropies in judging the direction of moving natural scenes. Journal of Vision, 10(11):5, 1-19
- Apthorp, D., Cass, J., & Alais, D. (2010). Orientation tuning of contrast masking caused by motion streaks. Journal of Vision, 10(10), 11:11-13
- Harris, I. M., Little, M. J. J. (2010). Priming the semantic neighbourhood during the attentional blink. PLoS ONE, 5(9): e12645. doi:10.1371/ journal.pone.0012645
- Dzidowska M, Price MA, Butow PN. (2010). Research priorities in psycho-oncology: national survey of psycho-oncology clinicians and researchers. Asia-Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology, 6(3): 165–172
- Price MA, Butow PN, Costa DS, King MT, Aldridge LA, Fardell J, DeFazio. A, Webb PM. (2010). Prevalence and predictors of anxiety and depression in women with invasive ovarian cancer and their carers. Medical Journal of Australia, 193(5): S52-S57
- Kemp, A.H., Griffiths, K., Felmingham, K.L. Shankman, S.A., Drinkenburg, W., Arns, M., Clark, C.R. and Bryant, R.A. (2010). Disorder specificity despite comorbidity: Resting EEG alpha asymmetry in major depressive disorder and post-traumatic stressdisorder. Biological Psychology, doi:10.1016/j.biopsycho.2010.08.001
- Luckett, T., Butow, P.N., King, M.T., Oguchi, M., Heading, G., & Hackl, N.A., Rankin, N. and Price, M. (2010). A review and recommendations for optimal outcome measures of anxiety, depression and general distress in studies evaluating psychosocial interventions for English-speaking adults with heterogeneous cancer diagnoses. Support Care Cancer, 18,1241–1262
- Juraskova I, Hegedus L, Butow, P, Smith B, Schofield P. (2010). Discussing complementary therapy use with early stage breast cancer patients: Exploring the communication gap. Integrative Cancer Therapies, 9: 168-176
- Lesmana, C.B.J., Suryani, L.K., Tiliopoulos, N, and Jensen, G.D. (2010). Spiritual-Hypnosis Assisted Therapy: A new culturally sensitive approach to the treatment and prevention of mental disorders. Journal of Spirituality in Mental Health, 12,195–208
- MacCann, C. (2010). Further examination of emotional intelligence as a standard intelligence: A latent variable analysis of fluid intelligence, crystallized intelligence, and emotional intelligence. Personality and Individual Differences, 49, 490-496
- Hatch, A., Madden, S., Kohn, M., Clarke, S., Touyz, S., Gordon, E. Williams, L. M. (2010). In first presentation adolescent anorexia nervosa, do cognitive markers of underweight status change with weight gain following a refeeeding intervention?. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 43, 4, 295-306
- Hatch, A., Madden, S., Kohn, M., Clarke, S., Touyz, S., Williams, L. M. (2010). Anorexia Nervosa: Towards an integrative neuroscience model. European Eating Disorders Review, 18, 165-179
- Hatch, A., Madden, S., Kohn, M., Clarke, S., Touyz, S., Gordon, E. and Williams, L. M. (2010). Emotion brain alterations in Anorexia Nervosa: A candidate biological marker and implications for treatment. Journal of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, 35, 4, 267-274
- Joseph, D. L., & Newman, D. A., MacCann, C. (2010). Emotional intelligence and job performance: The importance of emotion regulation and emotional labor context. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice, 3, 159-164
- Bryant, R.A., Kemp. A., Felmingham, K., Liddell, B., Olivieri, G., Peduto, A., Gordon, E. and Williams, L.A. (2010). Simulating emotional responses in posttraumatic stress disorder: An fMRI Study. Psychological Injury and Law, 1-7. Published online DOI 10.1007/s12207-010-9071-2
- Manzari, L., Tedesco, A-R., Burgess, A.M. and Curthoys, I.S. (2010). Ocular and cervical vestibular-evoked myogenic potentials to bone conducted vibration in Ménière's disease during quiescence vs during acute attacks. Clinical Neurophysiology, 121(7), 1092-1101
- Andrews, S. and Hersch, J. (2010). Lexical precision in skilled readers: Individual differences in masked neighbor priming. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 139(2), 299-318
- Pasalich, D. S., Livesey, D. J. and Livesey, E. J. (2010). Performance of Stroop-like assessments of inhibitory control by 4- and 5-year-old children. Infant and Child Development, 19, 252-263
- Chow, S., & Mullan, B. (2010). Predicting Food Hygiene: An Investigation of Social Factors and Past Behaviour in an extended model of the Health Action Process Approach. Appetite, 54(1), 126-133
- Butow P, Juraskova I, Henry S, Lopez A. (2010). Coding oncology consultations: A comparison of shared decision making (SDM) coding systems. Patient Education and Counselling, 78(2): 261-268
- Phillips, J., Sharpe, L., Matthey, S. & Charles, M. (2010). Subtypes of postnatal depression: A comparison of women with recurrent and de novo postnatal depression. Journal of Affective Disorders, 120, 67-75
- Szabo, M. (2010). The short version of the Depression Anxiety Stress Scales (DASS-21): Factor structure in a young adolescent sample. Journal of Adolescence, 33, 1-8
- Hancock, L. & Tiliopoulos, N. (2010). Religious attachment & schizotypal personality traits. Mental Health, Religion & Culture, 13, 261-265
- Kemp, A.H., Quintana, D.S., Gray, M.A., Felmingham, K.L., Brown, K. and Gatt, J. (2010). Impact of depression and antidepressant treatment on heart rate variability: A review and meta-analysis. Biological Psychiatry, doi:10.1016/j.biopsych.2009.12.012
- Monaghan, S. and Blaszczynski, A. (2010). Electronic gaming machine warning messages: Information versus self-evaluation. The Journal of Psychology, 2010, 144(1), 83-96
- Hayward, W.G., Zhou, G., Man, W-F. and Harris, I.M. (2010). Repetition blindness for rotated objects. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance, 36(1), 57-73
- MacDougall, H.G., Weber, K.P., McGarvie, L.A., G. Halmagyi, M. and Curthoys, I.S. (2009). The Video Head Impulse Test: Diagnostic Accuracy in Peripheral Vestibulopathy. Neurology, 73: 1134 - 1141
- Dakin, S. C., Bex, P. J., Cass, J. & Watt R. J. (2009). Dissociable effects of attention and crowding on orientation averaging. Journal of Vision, 9, 1-16
- Phillips, J., Sharpe, L., Matthey, S. & Charles, M. (2009). Maternally focused worry. Archives of Women's Mental Health, 12, 409-418
- Kemp, A.H., Felmingham, K.L., Falconer, E., Liddell, B.J., Bryant, R.A. and Williams, L.M. (2009). Heterogeneity of non-conscious fear perception in posttraumatic stress disorder as a function of physiological arousal: An fMRI study. Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging, 174, 158-161
- Holcombe, A.O. (2009). Temporal binding favors the early phase of color changes, but not of motion changes, yielding the color-motion asynchrony illusion. Visual Cognition, 17(1-2), 232-253.
- Khatibi, A., Dehghani, M., Sharpe, L., Asmundsen, G. & Pouretemad, H. (2009). Selective attention towards painful faces amongst chronic pain patients: evidence from a modified version of the dot-probe. Pain, 142, 102-107.
- Hart, G., Harris, J. A., Westbrook, R. F. (2009). Systemic or intra-amygdala injection of a benzodiazepine (midazolam) impairs extinction but spares re-extinction of conditioned fear responses. Learning & Memory, 16, 53-61.
- Hargreaves GA, Quinn H, Kashem MA, Matsumoto I, McGregor IS (2009). Proteomic analysis demonstrates adolescent vulnerability to lasting hippocampal changes following chronic alcohol consumption. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, 33, 86-94.
- Goodwin, R & Mullan, BA (2009). Predictors of undergraduates' intention to incorporate glycaemic index into dietary behaviour. Nutrition and dietetics, 66(1), 54-59.
- Curran, W., Clifford, C.W.G. & Benton, C.P. (2009). The hierarchy of directional interactions in visual motion processing. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, Series B: Biological Sciences, 276, 263-268.
- Costa, D.S.J & Boakes, R.A. (2009). Context blocking in rat autoshaping: Sign-tracking versus goal-tracking. Learning and Motivation, 40, 178-185.
- Collins-Tracey, S., Clayton, J. M., Kirsten, L., Butow, P. N., Tattersall, M. H. N. and Chye, R. (2009). Contacting bereaved relatives: The views and practices of palliative care and oncology health care professionals. Journal of Pain Symptom Management, 37: 807 - 822.
- Craddock, A.E., Church, W., & Sands, A. (2009). Family of origin characteristics as predictors of perfectionism. Australian Journal of Psychology, 61, 3, 136 -144.
- Allen, K., Alais, D., Carlile, S. (2009). Speech intelligibility reduces over distance from an attended location: Evidence for an auditory spatial gradient of attention. Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics, 71 (1), 164-173.
- Michell, J. (2009). The psychometricians' fallacy: Too clever by half?. British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology, 62, 41-55.
- McGowan, N., Sharpe, L., Refshauge, K. and Nicholas, M. K. (2009). The effect of attentional re-training and threat expectancy in response to acute pain. Pain, 142: 101-107.
- Cass, J., Alais, D., Spehar, B. and Bex, P. J. (2009). Temporal whitening: Transient noise perceptually equalizes the 1/f temporal amplitude spectrum. Journal of Vision, 9(10): 12, 1-19.
- Slutske, W. S., Blaszczynski, A. and Martin, N. G. (2009). Sex differences in the rates of recovery, treatment-seeking, and natural recovery in pathological gambling: Results from an Australian community-based twin survey. Twin Research and Human Genetics,, 12(5): 425-432.
- Hibberd, F. J. (2009). John Anderson's development of (situational) realism and its bearing on psychology today. History of the Human Sciences, 22; 63 - 92.
- White, F. A., Wooten, B., Man, J., Diaz, H., Rasiah, J., Swift, E., & Wilkinson, A. (2009). Adolescent racial prejudice development: the role of friendship quality and inter-racial contact. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 33, 524-534.
- Goodwin, R., & Mullan, B. (2009). Trust not in money: The effect of financial conflict of interest disclosure on dietary behavioural intention. British Food Journal, 111(5) 408-420.
- Monaghan, S., Blaszczynski, A., & Nower, L. (2009). Do warning signs on electronic gaming machines influence irrational cognitions?. Psychological Reports, 105, 173-187.
- Holcombe, A.O. (2009). Seeing slow and seeing fast: Two limits on perception. Trends in Cognitive Science, 13(5):216-21.
- Gonsalkorale, K., von Hippel, W., Sherman, J. W., & Klauer, K. C. (2009). Bias and regulation of bias in intergroup interactions: Implicit attitudes toward Muslims and interaction quality. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 45, 161-166.
- Harris, J. A., Gharaei, S., & Moore, C. A. (2009). Representations of single and compound stimuli in negative and positive patterning. Learning & Behavior, 37, 230-245.
- White, F. A., Hayes, B., & Livesey, D. (2009). Developmental psychology: From Infancy to adulthood (2nd Ed.). Sydney: Pearson Education Australia.
- Hargreaves, G.A., Monds, L., Gunasekaran, N., Dawson, B. and McGregor, I.S. (2009). Intermittent access to beer promotes binge-like drinking in adolescent but not adult Wistar rats. Alcohol 43, 305-314.
- Mannion, D.J. McDonald, J.S. & Clifford, C.W.G. (2009). Discrimination of the local orientation structure of spiral Glass patterns early in human visual cortex. Neuroimage, 46, 511-515.
- Holmes, N., & Harris, J. A. (2009). The loss of latent inhibition across compound conditioning. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Animal Behavior Processes, 35, 328-339.
- Smulders YE, Welgampola MS, Burgess AM, McGarvie LA, Halmagyi GM, Curthoys IS (2009) The n10 component of the ocular vestibular-evoked myogenic potential (oVEMP) is distinct from the R1 component of the blink reflex. Clinical Neurophysiology, 120 (8): 1567-1576.
- Andrews, S. & Bond, R. (2009) Lexical expertise and reading skill: Bottom-up and top-down processing of lexical ambiguity. Reading & Writing: An Interdisciplinary Journal, 22:687-711.
- Hersch, J., Juraskova, I., Price, M and Mullan, B. (2009). Psychosocial interventions and quality of life in gynaecological cancer patients: a systematic review. Psycho-Oncology, 18: 795-810.
- Rapee R.M., Gaston, J.E. and Abbott, M.J. (2009). Testing the efficacy of theoretically derived improvements in the treatment of social phobia. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 77, (2): 317-327.
- Smith, E. and Rieger, E. (2009) The effect of attentional training on body dissatisfaction and dietary restriction. European Eating Disorders Review, 17, 169-176.
- Harrison, J., Juraskova, I., Anderson, C., Nattress, K., Beale, P., Lopez, A-L. and Carter, J. (2009) Rising cancer antigen 125 level and the type and timing of treatment for recurrent ovarian cancer. A clinical dilemma, but what would women do?. International Journal of Gynecological Cancer, 19(6), 1037- 1046.
- Schmalzl, L., Palermo, R., Harris, I.M. and Coltheart, M. (2009) Face inversion superiority in a case of prosopagnosia following congenital brain abnormalities: What can it tell us about the specificity and origin of face-processing mechanisms?. Cognitive Neuropsychology, 26 (3), 286 - 306.
- Sharpe, L., Dear, B. & Schrieber, L. (2009) Attentional biases in chronic pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis: Hypervigilance or difficulty disengaging?. Journal of Pain, 10, 329-335.
- Croot, K. (2009) Progressive aphasia: Definitions, diagnoses and prognoses. Aphasiology, 23(2), 302-326.
- Szabó, M. (2009) Worry in adults and children: Developmental differences in the importance of probability and cost judgments. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 31(3), 235-245.
- Wong, C., & Mullan, B. (2009).
Predicting Breakfast Consumption: An application of the Theory of Planned Behaviour and the Investigation of Past Behaviour and Executive Function. British Journal of Health Psychology, 14(3), 489-504.
- Holcombe, A.O., Altschuler, E.L., & Over, H.J. (2009)
A developmental theory of synaesthesia, with long historical roots. Cognitive Neuropsychology, 26(2), 227-229.
- Monaghan, S., Blaszczynski, A., & Nower, L. (2009) Consequences of winning: The role of gambling outcomes in the development of irrational beliefs. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy, 37(1), 49-59.
- Harrison JD, Young JM, Price MP, Butow P, Solomon MJ (2009). What are the unmet supportive care needs of people with cancer? A systematic review. Support Care Cancer, 17:1117-1128.
- Nosek, BA., Smyth, FL., Sriram, N., Lindner, NM., Devos, T., Ayala, A., Bar-Anan, Y., Bergh, R., Cai, H., Gonsalkorale, K. et al (2009) National differences in gender-science stereotypes predict national sex differences in science and math achievement. Proceedings of the National Academy of the Sciences, 106 (26), 10593-10597.
- Walter, F. and Boakes, R. A. (2009). Long-term range effects in hedonic ratings. Food Quality and Preference, 20, 440-449.
- Tiliopoulos, N., & Goodall, K. (2009). The neglected link between adult attachment & schizotypal personality traits. Personality & Individual Differences, 47, 299-304.
- Lesmana, C.B.J., Suryani, L.K., Jensen, G.D., & Tiliopoulos, N. (2009) A spiritual-hypnosis assisted therapy of children with PTSD after the 2002 Bali terrorist attack. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 52, 23-34.
- Cass, J., Clifford, C.W.G., Alais, D. and Spehar, B. (2009) Temporal structure of chromatic channels revealed through masking. Journal of Vision, 9(5), 1 - 15.
- Apthorp, D., Wenderoth, P. and Alais, D. (2009) Motion streaks in fast motion rivalry cause orientation-selective suppression. Journal of Vision (2009), 9(5):10, 1-14.
- Gonsalkorale, K., Sherman, J. W. and Klauer, K. C. (2009). Aging and prejudice: Diminished regulation of automatic race bias among older adults. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 45: 410-414.
- Colagiuri B., Morley K., Boakes R. A., Haber, P. (2009) Expectancy in Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Trials: An Example from Alcohol Dependence. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, 78: 167-171.
- Kleitman, S. (2008) Metacognition in the Rationality Debate. Self-confidence and its Calibration. Germany: VDM Verlag Dr. Mueller E.K. Inc., Publishers.
- Kricker, A., Price, M., Butow, P., Goumas, C., Armes, J.E. and Armstrong, B.K. (2009) Effects of life event stress and social support on the odds of a >or= 2 cm breast cancer. Cancer Causes Control, 20:437-447.
- Nickels, L. and Croot, K. (Eds.) (2009) Progressive Language Impairments: Intervention and Management: A Special Issue of Aphasiology. Sydney: Psychology Press, .
- Livesey, E. J., Harris, I. M., and Harris, J. A. (2009) Attentional changes during implicit learning: Signal validity protects a target stimulus from the attentional blink. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition, 35, 408-422.
- Hughson, A.L. and Boakes, R.A. (2009). Passive perceptual learning in relation to wine: Short-term recognition and verbal description. The Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 62(1), 1-18.
- Slutske,W. S., Meier, M.H., Zhu, G., Statham, D.J., Blaszczynski, A. and Martin, N.G. (2009) The Australian Twin Study of Gambling (OZ-GAM): Rationale, sample description, predictors of participation, and a first look at sources of individual differences in gambling involvement. Twin Research and Human Genetics, 12(1), 63-78.
- Seymour, K., Clifford, C. W. G., Logothetis, K. L. and Bartels, A. (2009) The coding of color, motion, and their conjunction in the human visual cortex. Current Biology, 19, 177-183.
- Apthorp, D. and Alais, D. (2009) Tilt aftereffects and tilt illusions induced by fast translational motion: Evidence for motion streaks. Journal of Vision, 9(1): 27, 1-11.
- Dwyer, D. M., Boakes, R. A. and Hayward, A. J. (2008) Reduced palatability in lithium- and activity-based, but not in amphetamine-based, taste aversion learning. Behavioral Neuroscience, 122(5), 1051-1060.
- Gonsalkorale, K., von Hippel, W., Sherman, J. W. and Klauer, K. C. (2008) Bias and regulation of bias in intergroup interactions: Implicit attitudes toward Muslims and interaction quality. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 45, 161-166.
- Beer, J. S., Stallen, M., Lombardo, M. V., Gonsalkorale, K., Cunningham, W. A. and Sherman, J. W. (2008) The Quadruple Process model approach to examining the neural underpinnings of prejudice. NeuroImage, 43, 775-783.
- White, F. A., Charles, M. A., & Nelson. J. K. (2008) The role of persuasive arguments in changing affirmative action attitudes and expressed behavior in higher education. Journal of Applied Psychology, 93, 1271-1286.
- Mitchell, C. J., Harris, J. A., Westbrook, R. F., & Griffiths, O. (2008) Changes in cue associability across training in human causal learning. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Animal Behavior Processes, 34, 423-436.
- Harris, J. A., Livesey, E. J., Gharaei, S., & Westbrook, R. F. (2008) Negative patterning is easier than a biconditional discrimination. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Animal Behavior Processes, 34, 494-500.
- Arabzadeh E., Clifford, C.W.G., & Harris, J. A. (2008) Vision merges with touch in a purely tactile discrimination. Psychological Science, 19, 635-641.
- Mok, K., Juraskova, I. and Friedlander, M. (2008) The impact of aromatase inhibitors on sexual functioning: Current knowledge and future research directions. The Breast, 17, 436 - 440.
- Gomes, L. & Livesey, D. (2008) Exploring the link between impulsivity and peer relations in 5- and 6-year-old children. Child: Care, Health and Development, 34, 6, 763-770.
- Monaghan, S. & Derevensky, J. (2008) An appraisal of the impact of the depiction of gambling in society on youth. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction, Accepted 3 April, 2008, Published online 19 April, 2008.
- White, F. A., Owens, C., & Nguyen, M. (2008) Using a constructive feedback approach to effectively reduce student plagiarism among first-year psychology students. Symposium Proceedings, UniServe Science Conference, The University of Sydney, Australia, 127-132.
- Cavanagh, P., Holcombe, A.O. and Chou, W-L. (2008) Mobile computation: Spatiotemporal integration of the properties of objects in motion. Journal of Vision, 8(12): 1 - 23.
- Colagiuri B, Roscoe J.A., Morro G.R., Atikins J.N., Giguere J.K. and Colman L.K. (2008) How do patient expectancies, quality of life, and postchemotherapy nausea interrelate?. Cancer, 113, 654 - 661.
- Juraskova, I., Butow, P., Lopez A., Seccombe, M., Coates, A., Boyle, F., McCarthy, N., Reaby, L., and Forbes, JF. (2008) Improving informed consent: pilot of a decision aid for women invited to participate in a breast cancer prevention trial (IBIS-II DCIS). Health Expectations, 11, 252-262.
- Staples LG, Hunt GE, van Nieuwenhuijzen PS, and McGregor IS (2008) Rats discriminate individual cats by their odor: possible involvement of the accessory olfactory system. Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews, 32, 1209-1217.
- Goonetilleke, S. C., Mezey, L.E., Burgess, A. M. and Curthoys, I. S. (2008) On the relation between ocular torsion and visual perception of line orientation. Vision Research 48(13), 1488-1496.
- White, C.D., Hardy, R.R., Gilshenan, K.S., Charles, M.A., & Pinkerton, C.R. (2008) Randomised controlled trials of palliative care - a survey of the views of advanced cancer patients and their relatives. European Journal of Cancer, 44, 1820-1828.
- Church, A. T., Anderson-Harumi, C. A., del Prado, A. M., Curtis, G., Tanaka-Matsumi, J., Valdez-Medina, J. L., Mastor, K. A., White, F. A., Miramontes, L. A., Katigbak, M. S. (2008) Culture, cross-role consistency, and adjustment: Testing trait and cultural psychology perspectives. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 95, 739-755.
- Perry, K.N., Nicholas, M.K., Middleton, J. (2008). Spinal cord injury-related pain in rehabilitation: a cross-sectional study of relationships with cognitions, mood and physical function. European Journal of Pain, doi:10.1016/j.ejpain.2008.06.003.
- Rieger, E. (Ed.) (2008) Abnormal psychology: Leading researcher perspectives. Sydney: McGraw-Hill Australia.
- Iwasakia, S., Smulders, Y.E., Burgess, A.M., McGarvie, L.A., MacDougall, H.G., Halmagyi, G.M. Curthoys, I.S. (2008). Ocular vestibular evoked myogenic potentials to bone conducted vibration of the midline forehead at Fz in healthy subjects. Clinical Neurophysiology, 119 (2008) 2135-2147.
- Newell, B.R., Cavenett, T. and Andrews, S. (2008) On the immunity of perceptual implicit memory to manipulations of attention. Memory and Cognition, 36(4), 725-734.
- Lah, S., Lee, T., Grayson, S. and Miller, L. (2008) Changes in retrograde memory following temporal lobectomy. Epilepsy & Behavior, 13, 391-396.
- Hunt, C. & Sharpe, L. (2008) Within session supervision communication in the training of Clinical Psychologists. Australian Psychologist, 43, 121-126.
- Charles, M.A., Reymond, L. and Israel, F. (2008) Relief of incident dyspnea in palliative cancer patients: A pilot, randomized, controlled trial comparing nebulized hydromorphone, systemic hydromorphone, and nebulized saline. Journal of Pain Symptom Management, 36, 29-38.
- Thompson, M. R., Callaghan, P. D., Hunt, G. E. and McGregor, I.S. (2008) Reduced sensitivity to MDMA-induced facilitation of social behaviour in MDMA pre-exposed rats. Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry, 32, 1013 - 1021.
- Butow P, Cockburn J, Girgis A, Bowman, D., Schofield, P., D'Este, C., et al. (2008) Increasing oncologists' skills in eliciting and responding to emotional cues: Evaluation of a communication skills training program. Psycho-Oncology, 17(3), 209-218.
- Leung, J., Alais, D. and Carlile, S. (2008) Compression of auditory space during rapid head turns. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, 105, 6492-7.
- Lah, S. and Miller, L. (2008). Effects of temporal lobe lesions on retrograde memory: A critical review. Neuropsychological Review, 18, 24-52.
- Blaszczynski, A., Ladouceur, R. and Moodie, C. (2008) The Sydney Laval Universities Gambling Screen: Preliminary data. Addiction Research and Theory, iFirst, 1-11.
- Harris IM, Dux PE, Benito CT, Leek EC (2008) Orientation Sensitivity at Different Stages of Object Processing: Evidence from Repetition Priming and Naming. PLoS ONE, 3(5): e2256. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0002256.
- Johnstone, J., & Tiliopoulos, N. (2008). Exploring the relationship between schizotypal personality traits and religious attitude in an international Muslim sample. Archive for the Psychology of Religion, 30, 241-253.
- Prunty, M.C., Sharpe, L., Butow, P. and Fulcher, G. (2008) The motherhood choice: A decision aid for women with multiple sclerosis. Patient Education and Counseling, 71: 108-115.
- Grant, A. M. (2008). Coaching in Australia: a view from the ivory tower. Coaching: An International Journal of Theory, Research and Practice., 1(1), 93-98.
- Hughes, S.C. and Boakes, R.A. (2008). Flavor preferences produced by backward pairing with wheel running. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Animal Behavior Processes, 34(2), 283-293.
- Harris, I.M., Benito, C.T., Ruzzoli, M. and Miniussi, C. (2008) Effects of right parietal transcranial magnetic stimulation on object identification and orientation judgments. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, 20: 916-926.
- Harris, J.A., Clifford, C.W.G. and Miniussi, C. (2008). The functional effect of transcranial magnetic stimulation: Signal suppression or neural noise generation?. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, 20: 734-740.
- Howard, C.J. and Holcombe, A. O. (2008) Tracking the changing features of multiple objects: Progressively poorer perceptual precision and progressively greater perceptual lag. Vision Research, published online March.
- Maguire, S., le Grange, D., Surgenor, L., Marks, P., Lacey, H. and Touyz, S. (2008) Staging anorexia nervosa: conceptualizing illness severity. Early Intervention in Psychiatry 2008, 2: 3-10.
- Michell, J. (2008) Conjoint Measurement and the Rasch Paradox. A Response to Kyngdon. Theory & Systems, 18(1): 119-124.
- Harris, J.A., & Livesey, E. J. (2008) Comparing patterning and biconditional discriminations in humans. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Animal Behavior Processes, 34, 144-154.
- Craddock, Alan E. (2008) Individual and couple patterns of self-views and their implications for working with premarital couple relationship dissatisfaction. Journal of Contemporary Psychotherapy.
- Sambuco, M., Brookes, N. & Lah, S. (2008) Paediatric traumatic brain injury: A review of siblings' outcome. Brain Injury, 22(1): 7-17.
- Thein, T., Westbrook, R.F. and Harris, J.A. (2008) How the associative strengths of stimuli combine in compound: Summation and overshadowing. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Animal Behavior Processes, 34(1), 155-166.
- Bond, R. and Andrews, S. (2008) Repetition blindness in sentence contexts: Not just an attribution?. Memory & Cognition, 36 (2), 295-313.
- Dawson S-J, Price MA, Jenkins MA, McKinley JM, Butow PN, McLachlan S-A, Lindeman GJ, Weideman P, kConFab Investigators, Friedlander ML, Hopper JL, Phillips K-A. (2008) Cancer risk management practices of non-carriers within BRCA1/2 mutation positive families in the Kathleen Cuningham Consortium for Research into Familial Breast Cancer (kConFab). Journal of Clinical Oncology, 26: 225-232.
- Holcombe, A.O. & Cavanagh, P. (2008) Independent, synchronous access to color and motion features. Cognition, doi:10.1016/j.cognition.2007.11.006.
- Monaghan, S. (2007) Review of Pop-Up Messages on Electronic Gaming Machines as a Proposed Responsible Gambling Strategy. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction, DOI 10.1007/s11469-007-9133-1.
- Abu-Rayya, H. M (2007) Acculturation and its determinants among adult immigrants in France. International Journal of Psychology, 1 - 9 (online version first).
- Morrison, V., Bennett, P., Butow, P., Mullan, B. & White, K. (2007). Introduction to Health Psychology in Australia. Sydney: Pearson Education Australia.
- McGreevy, P. & Boakes, R.A. (2007). Carrots and sticks: Principles of animal training. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Kleitman, S., & Stankov, L. (2007). Self-confidence and Metacognitive Processes. Learning and Individual Differences, 17, 161-173.
- Price MA, Cameron R, Butow PN. (2007) Communicating risk information: the influence of graphical display format on quantitative information perception - accuracy, comprehension and preferences. Patient Education and Counseling, 69, 121-128.
- Jeltova, I., Birney, D. P., Fredine, N., Jarvin, L., Sternberg, R. J., & Grigorenko, E. L. (2007) Dynamic assessment as a process-oriented assessment in educational settings. Advances in Speech-language Pathology, 1-13.
- Boakes, R.A. (2007) Self-starvation in the rat: Running versus eating. The Spanish Journal of Psychology, 10(2), 251-257.
- Livesey, D., Coleman, R. and Piek, J. (2007) Performance on the Movement Assessment Battery for Children by Australian 3- to 5-year-old children. Child: Care, Health and Development, 33 (6), 713-719.
- Tiliopoulos, N. & Crawford, G. (2007) Three-factor model of schizotypal personality in a British Christian sample. Mental Health, Religion & Culture, 10(6), 563-569.
- Dux PE, Harris IM. (2007) On the failure of distractor inhibition in the attentional blink. Psychonomic Bulletin & Review, 14(4), 723-728.
- Rooney, K., Hunt, C., Humphreys, L., Harding, D., Mullen, M. and Kearney, J. (2007). Prediction of outcome for veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder using constructs from the transtheoretical model of behaviour change. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, 41:590 - 597.
- Marx, B.R., Job, R. F. S., White, F.A. and Wilson, J.C. (2007) Moral comprehension and what it might tell us about moral reasoning and political orientation. Journal of Moral Education, 36(2), 199-219.
- Harris, J.A., Arabzadeh, E., Moore, C. A. and Clifford, C.W.G. (2007). Noninformative vision causes adaptive changes in tactile sensitivity. The Journal of Neuroscience, 27(27): 7136 -7140.
- Sponiar, M., Sharpe, L., Butow, P. and Fulcher, G. (2007) Reproductive choices of women with multiple sclerosis. International Journal of MS Care, 9, 9-12.
- McGrane, J.A. and White, F.A. (2007) Differences in Anglo and Asian Australians' explicit and implicit prejudice and the attenuation of their implicit in-group bias. Asian Journal of Social Psychology, 10, 204-210.
- Boakes, R. A., Albertella, L., & Harris, J. A. (2007) Expression of flavor preference depends on type of test and on recent drinking history. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Animal Behavior Processes, 33, 327-338.
- McIntyre, S. & Seizova-Cajic, T. (2007)
Neck muscle vibration in full cues affects pointing. Journal of Vision, 7(5):9, 1-8.
- Uzuni, H., Curthoys, I.S. and Jones, A. (2007) A new approach to visualizing the membranous structures of the inner ear - high resolution X-ray micro-tomography. Acta Oto-Laryngologica, 127, 568-573.
- Quinn, H.R., Matsumoto, I., Callaghan, P.D., Long, L.E., Arnold, J.C., Gunasekaran, N., Thompson, M.R., Dawson, B., Mallet, P.E., Kashem, M.A., Matsuda-Matsumoto, H., Iwazaki, T., McGregor, I.S., 2007. Adolescent Rats Find Repeated Delta(9)-THC Less Aversive Than Adult Rats but Display Greater Residual Cognitive Deficits and Changes in Hippocampal Protein Expression Following Exposure. Neuropsychopharmacology advance online publication, 20 June 2007. doi:10.1038/sj.npp.1301475.
- Costa, D.S.J. and Boakes, R.A. (2007) Maintenance of responding when reinforcement becomes delayed. Learning & Behavior, 35(2), 95-105.
- Swinbourne, J.M. and Touyz, S. W. (2007) The co-morbidity of eating disorders and anxiety disorders: A review. European Eating Disorders Review, 15, 253-274.
- Monaghan, S. & Blaszczynski, A. (2007) Recall of electronic gaming machine signs: A static versus a dynamic mode of presentation. Journal of Gambling Issues, 20, 253-268.
- Ljiljana Sokolic and Iain S. McGregor (2007) Benzodiazepines Impair the Acquisition and Reversal of Olfactory Go/No-Go Discriminations in Rats. Behavioral Neuroscience, Vol. 121, No. 3, 527-534.
- Ilona Juraskova, Phyllis Butow, Louise Sharpe and Michael Campion (2007). "What does it mean?" Uncertainty, trust and communication following treatment for pre-cancerous cervical abnormalities. Psycho-Oncology, 16: 525-533.
- Roebers, C.M., von der Linden, N., Schneider, W. and Howie, P. (2007) Children's metamemorial judgments in an event recall task. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 97, 117-137.
- Iwasaki, S., McGarvie, L.A., Halmagyi, G.M., Burgess, A.M., Kim, J., Colebatch, J.G. and Curthoys, I.S. (2007) Head taps evoke a crossed vestibulo-ocular reflex. Neurology, 68, 1227-1229.
- Dux, P.E. and Harris, I. M. (2007). Viewpoint costs occur during consolidation: Evidence from the attentional blink. Cognition, 104, 47-58.
- Murray R. Thompson, Paul D. Callaghan, Glenn E. Hunt, Jennifer L. Cornish and Iain S. McGregor. (2007) A role for oxytocin and 5-HT1A receptors in the prosocial effects of 3,4 methylenedioxymethamphetamine ("ecstasy"). Neuroscience , Volume 146, Issue 2, 11 May 2007, Pages 509-51.
- Mullan, B. & Badger, F. (2007) Aggression and violence towards staff working with older patients. Nursing Standard, 21(27), 35-38.
- Monaghan, S., Sharpe, L., Denton, F., Schrieber, L., Levy, J. & Sensky, T. (2007) Relationship between appearance and psychological distress in rheumatic diseases. Arthritis Care & Research, 57, 303-309.
- Hunt, C. (2007). The effect of an education program on attitudes and beliefs about bullying and bullying behaviour in junior secondary school students. Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 12, 21-26.
- L. Sokolic, D. G. Laing and I. S. McGregor. (2007) Asymmetric suppression of aliphatic aldehydes in binary mixtures: Behavioural studies in the laboratory rat. Chemical Senses, 32, 191-199.
- Hayward WG, Zhou G, Gauthier I, Harris IM. (2006) Dissociating viewpoint costs in mental rotation and object recognition. Psychonomic Bulletin & Review, 13(5), 820-825.
- Harris, J. A., Arabzadeh, E., Fairhall A. L., Benito, C., & Diamond, M. E. (2006) Factors affecting frequency discrimination of vibrotactile stimuli: Implication for cortical encoding. PLoS ONE, 1 (1), e100. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0000100.
- Westwood, J. and Mullan, B (2006) Knowledge of school nurses in the U.K. regarding sexual health education. The Journal of School Nursing, 6(22): 352-357.
- Willinge, A., Touyz, S., Charles, M. (2006) How do body-dissatisfied and body-satisfied males and females judge the size of thin female celebrities?. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 39, 576-582.
- Grayson, D. (2006) Might "unique" factors be "common"? On the possibility of indeterminate common-unique covariances. Psychometrika, 71: 521-528.
- Predebon, J. (2006) Decrement of the Müller-Lyer and Poggendorff illusions: the effects of inspection and practice. Psychological Research, 70: 384-394.
- Michell, J. (2006) Psychophysics, intensive magnitudes, and the psychometricians' fallacy. Studies in History and Philosophy of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, 17: 414-432.
- Albertella, L. and Boakes, R., A. (2006). Persistence of conditioned flavor preferences is not due to inadvertent food reinforcement. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Animal Behavior Processes, 32(4):386-395.
- Andrews, S. (Ed.) (2006). From Inkmarks to Ideas. New York: Taylor and Francis Group.
- Curthoys IS, Kim J, McPhedran SK, Camp AJ (2006) Bone conducted vibration selectively activates irregular primary otolithic vestibular neurons in the guinea pig. Experimental Brain Research, 175 (2), 256-267. DOI: 10.1007/s00221-006-0544-1.
- Baker, J., & McPhedran, S. (2006) Gun Laws and Sudden Death: Did the Australian Firearms Legislation of 1996 Make a Difference?. British Journal of Criminology, DOI: 10.1093/bjc/azl1084. Advance Access published October 18, 2006.
- Messer, B. A. E., & White, F. A. (2006). Employees' mood, perceptions of fairness, and organizational citizenship behavior. Journal of Business and Psychology, 21(1), 65-82.
- C Paffen, D Alais, F Verstraten (2006) Attention speeds binocular rivalry. Psychological Science, 17, 752-6.
- D Alais, C Morrone, D Burr (2006) Separate attentional resources for vision and audition. Proceedings of the Royal Society, Series B, 273, 1339-45.
- Holcombe, A.O. (2006). Provoking the desire. The Lancet, 368(9540), 990.
- Kirsten L, Butow P, Price M, Hobbs K, Sundquist K. (2006) Who helps the leaders? Difficulties experienced by cancer support group leaders. Supportive Care in Cancer, 14(7): 770-8.
- Price M, Butow P, Kirsten L. (2006) Support and training needs of cancer support group leaders: A review. Psycho-Oncology, 15: 651-663.
- Livesey, D., Keen, J., Rouse, J. & White, F. (2006). The relationship between measures of executive function, motor performance and externalising behaviour in 5- and 6-year-old children. Human Movement Science, 25, 1, 50-64.
- Westwood, J. L. & Mullan, B. A. (2006) Knowledge of secondary school pupils regarding sexual health education. Sex Education, 6, 151-162.
- Harris, J.A. (2006) Elemental Representations of Stimuli in Associative Learning. Psychological Review, 113(3):584-605.
- Seizova-Cajic T, Sachtler W L B and Curthoys I S (2006) Eye movements cannot explain vibration-induced visual motion and motion aftereffect. Experimental Brain Research, 173 (1), 141 - 152.
- Seizova-Cajic T and Gillam B (2006) Biases in judgments of separation and orientation of elements belonging to different clusters. Vision Research, 46 (16), 2525-2534.
- Bak, T.H., Caine, D., Hearn,
V.C. & Hodges, J.R. (2006) Visuospatial functions in atypical
parkinsonian syndromes. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery
and Psychiatry, 77 (4): 454 - 456.
- Cordato, N.J., Halliday, G.M., Caine,
D. & Morris, J.G.L. (2006) Comparison of motor, cognitive,
and behavioral features in progressive supranuclear palsy and
Parkinson's disease. Movement Disorders, 21(6): 632-638.
- Lambert, N. A., Swain, M. A., Miller, L. A. & Caine,
D. (2006) Exploring the neural organization of person-related
knowledge: Lateralization of lesion, category specificity, and
stimulus modality effects. Neuropsychology, 20(3):346-354.
- Craddock, A. E. (2006) Self-Confidence
as a Mediator of the Effect of Parental Abuse on Premarital
Couple Satisfaction. E-Journal of Applied Psychology,
2, (1), 52-60.
- Badcock, D.R. & Clifford, C.W.G. (2006). The
inputs to global form detection. In Seeing Spatial Form,
M. Jenkins & L.R. Harris (eds.), Oxford University Press,
- Crowder, N.A., Price, N.S.C., Hietanen, M.A., Dreher, B.,
Clifford, C.W.G. & Ibbotson, M.R. (2006) Relationship
between contrast adaptation and directional tuning properties
in areas 17 and 18 of cat visual cortex: a spectrum of adaptation
effects. Journal of Neurophysiology, 95, 271-283.
- Aw ST, Todd MJ, Aw GE, Magnussen JS, Curthoys IS, Halmagyi
GM (2006) Click-evoked vestibulo-ocular
reflex: stimulus response properties in superior canal dehiscence.
Neurology, 66 (7): 1079-87.
- Harris, J. A., Karlov, L., & Clifford, C. W. G. (2006).
Localization of tactile stimuli depends
on conscious detection. Journal of Neuroscience,
- Birney, D. P., & Sternberg, R. J. (2006). Intelligence
and cognitive abilities as competencies in development.
In E. Bialystok & G. Craik (Eds.), Lifespan Cognition:
Mechanisms of Change (pp. 315-330). New York: Oxford University
- Livesey, D., Keen, J., Rouse, J., & White. F. A. (2006).
The relationship between measures of
executive function, motor performance and externalising behaviour
in 5- and 6-year-old children. Human Movement Science, 25,
- Birney, D. P., Halford, G. S., & Andrews, G. (2006). The
influence of relational complexity on reasoning: The development
of the Latin Square Task. Educational and Psychological
Measurement, 66(1), 146-171.
- Andrews, S., Woollams, A. & Bond, R. (2005). Spelling-sound
typicality only affects words with digraphs: Further qualifications
to the generality of the regularity effect on word naming.
Journal of Memory and Language, 53: 567-593.
- Abbott, G., White, F.A. & Charles, M.A. (2005). Linking
values and organizational commitment: A correlational and experimental
investigation in two organizations. Journal of Occupational
and Organizational Psychology, 78 (4), 531-551.
- O'Hara, A. and Weber, Z. (2005) Skills
For Human Service Practice: Working With Individuals, Groups
and Communities. Melbourne: Oxford University Press.
- Pearson, J. and Clifford, C. (2005). Suppressed
patterns alter vision during binocular rivalry. Current
Biology, 15: 2142-2148
- Kang, K., Williams, L., Hermens, D. and Gordon, E. (2005).
Neurophysiological markers of contextual
processing: The relationship between P3b and Gamma synchrony
and their modulation by arousal, performance and individual
differences. Cognitive Brain Research, 25: 472
- Hermens, DF, Cooper, NJ, Kohn, MR, Clarke, SD, Gordon, E,
and Williams, LM (2005a). Predicting
stimulant medication response in ADHD: evidence from an integrated
profile of neuropsychological, psychophysiological and clinical
factors. Journal of Integrative Neuroscience, 4,
- Hermens, DF, Kohn, MR, Clarke, SD, Gordon, E, and Williams,
LM (2005b). Sex differences in adolescent
ADHD: findings from concurrent EEG and EDA. Clinical
Neurophysiology, 116, 1455-1463.
- Hermens, DF, Soei, EXC, Clarke, SD, Kohn, MR, Gordon, E, and
Williams, LM (2005c). Resting EEG theta
activity predicts cognitive performance in attention-deficit
hyperactivity disorder. Pediatric Neurology, 32,
- Hermens, DF, Williams, LM, Clarke, S, Kohn, M, Cooper, N,
and Gordon, E (2005d). Responses to
methylphenidate in adolescent AD/HD: Evidence from concurrently
recorded autonomic (EDA) and central (EEG and ERP) measures.
International Journal of Psychophysiology, 58, 21-33.
- Hagerty, R. G., Butow, P. N., Ellis, P. M., Dimitry, S. and
Tattersall, M. H. N. (2005) Communicating
prognosis in cancer care: a systematic review of the literature.
Annals of Oncology, 16: 1005 - 1053
- White, F.A., Lloyd, H., Kennedy, G. & Stewart. C. (2005).
An investigation of undergraduate students'
feelings and attitudes towards group work and group assessment.
Research and Development in Higher Education, 28, 616-623.
- Peat. M., Franklin, S., Devlin, M. & Charles, M. (2005)
Revisiting associations between student
performance outcomes on formative assessment opportunities.
Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 21(1),
- Reymond, L., Charles, M., Israel, F., Read, T., & Treston,
P. (2005). A strategy to increase the
palliative care capacity of rural primary health care providers.
Australian Journal of Rural Health, 13, 156-161.
- Dixon, A., Howie, P. and Starling, J. (2005) Trauma
exposure, posttraumatic stress, and psychiatric comorbidity
in female juvenile offenders. J. Am. Acad. Child Adolesc.
Psychiatry, 44(8): 798-806.
- White, F. A., Sartore, G., Gallate, J., Cartwright, A., &
Curthoys, I. (2005). Digital videotaping
(DVT): Evaluating an innovative mode of lecture delivery in
psychology. Psychology Learning and Teaching, 5(1),
- Birney, D.P., Fogarty, G.J. and Plank, A. (2005) Assessing
schematic knowledge of introductory probability theory.
Instructional Science, 33: 341-366.
- Clifford, C. and Rhodes, G. (Eds). (2005). Fitting
the mind to the world: Adaptation and after-effects in high-level
vision. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- White, F., Hayes, B. and Livesey, D. (2005). Developmental
Psychology: From infancy to adulthood. Pearson Education
- Drobny, J. V., Anstey, K. J. and Andrews, S. (2005) Visual
memory testing in older adults with age-related visual decline:
A measure of memory performance or visual functioning? Journal
of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology (Neuropsychology,
Development and Cognition: Section A), 27(4): 425 - 435.
- I.S. McGregor, K. Dam, P.E. Mallet and J.E. Gallate (2005)
Δ9-THC reinstates beer and sucrose-seeking
in abstinent rats: comparison with midazolam, food deprivation
and predator odour. Alcohol and Alcoholism, 40,
- Naresh Mondraty, C. Laird Birmingham, Stephen Touyz, Viktoria
Sundakov, Lucy Chapman and Pierre Beumont (2005). Radomized
controlled trial of olanzapine in the treatment of cognitions
in anorexia nervosa. Australasian Psychiatry, 13(1):
- Rebecca G. Hagerty, Phyllis N. Butow, Peter M. Ellis, Elizabeth
A. Lobb, Susan C. Pendlebury, Natasha Leighl, Craig Mac Leod,
and Martin H.N. Tattersall (2005). Communicating
with realism and hope: Incurable cancer patients' views on the
disclosure of prognosis. Journal of Clinical Oncology,
23(6): 1278 - 88.
- Pauline Howie, Melanie Sheehan, Tayebeh Mojarrad and Monika
Wrzesinska (2004). 'Undesirable' and
'desirable' shifts in children's responses to repeated questions:
Age differences in the effect of providing a rationale for repetition.
Applied Cognitive Psychology, 18: 1161 - 80.
- Grant, A (2005). Coach Yourself
@ Work. ABC Books: Sydney
- R. A. Boakes (2005). Persistence
of acquired changes in the properties of odors and flavors for
both humans and rats. Chemical Senses, 30(suppl
- Colin W.G. Clifford, and Erin Weston (2005). Aftereffect
of adaptation to Glass patterns. Vision Research,
- Hibberd, F. (2005) Unfolding
Social Constructionism. New York: Springer
- Pearson, J. & Clifford, C.W.G. (2005), Mechanisms
selectively engaged in rivalry: normal vision habituates, rivalrous
vision primes. Vision Research, 45, 707-714.
- Badcock, D.R., Clifford, C.W.G. & Khuu, S.K. (2005) "Interactions
between luminance and contrast signals in global form detection",
Vision Research, 45, 881-889.
- Belinda J. Liddell, Kerri J. Brown, Andrew H. Kemp, Matthew
J. Barton, Pritha Das, Anthony Peduto, Evian Gordon and Leanne
M. Williams (2005). A direct brainstem-amygdala-cortical
alarm system for subliminal signals of fear. NeuroImage,
24: 235- 243
- Croot, K. and Rastle, K. (2004) Is
there a syllabary containing stored articulatory plans for speech
production in English? In Proceedings of the 10th Australian
International Conference on Speech Science and Technology, Macquarie
University, Sydney, 8 - 10 December 2004. (Full paper peer reviewed)
- ACER Press has just published Beth A Stone’s The
Pictured Feelings Instrument (PFI), based on a validated
Nonverbal Vocabulary of 26 Feelings for use with children, adolescents
and adults [validated for 5 – 65 year olds] for use in
clinical /counselling practice, assessment, education/ training,
- Kirsten C. Morley, Jennifer L. Cornish, Kong M. Li and Iain
S. McGregor (2004). Preexposure to
MDMA ("Ecstasy") delays acquisition but facilitates
MDMA-induced reinstatement of amphetamine self-administration
behavior in rats. Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior,
- Sasha Moor , Lenny R Vartanian , Stephen W Touyz , PJV Beumont
(2004) Psychopathology of EDNOS patients:
To whom do they compare? Clinical Psychologist,
- Colin W.G. Clifford, Branka Spehar and Joel Pearson (2004).
Motion transparency promotes synchronous
perceptual binding. Vision Research, 44(26): 3073
- Kim, J. and Curthoys, I.S. (2004) Responses
of primary vestibular neurons to galvanic vestibular stimulation
(GVS) in the anaesthetised guinea pig. Brain Research
- MacCann, C., Roberts, R., Matthews, G., & Zeidner, M.
(2004). The assessment of emotional
intelligence: On frameworks, fissures, and the future. In
G. Geher (Ed.), Measuring Emotional Intelligence. Long
Island, NY: Nova Science Publishing.
- Watson, T.L, Pearson, J. and Clifford, C.W.G. (2004) Perceptual
grouping of biological motion promotes binocular rivalry.
Current Biology, 14, 1670-1674.
- Spetch, M.L., Cheng, K. and Clifford, C.W.G. (2004) Peak
shift but not range effects in recognition of faces. Learning
& Motivation, 35, 221-241.
- Ooi, D., Cornell, E.D., Curthoys, I.S., Burgess, A.M. and
MacDougall, H.G. (2004) Convergence
reduces ocular counterroll (OCR) during static roll-tilt.
Vision Research, 44: 2825-2833
- Snyder, A., Mitchell, J., Bossomaier, T. and Pallier, G. (2004)
The Creatvity Quotient: An objective
scoring of ideational fluency. Creativity Research Journal,
- Samanthi C. Goonetilleke, Ian S. Curthoys, Ann M. Burgess
and Hamish G. MacDougall (2004). Cognitive
demand affects the gain of the torsional optokinetic response.
Experimental Brain Research, 158: 125-128
- Iain S. McGregor and Jason E. Gallate (2004). Rats
on the grog: Novel pharmacotherapies for alcohol craving,
Addictive Behaviors, 29(7): 1341-1357.
- Ian N. Johnston, Erin D. Milligan, Julie Wieseler-Frank, Matthew
G. Frank, Varlin Zapata, Jay Campisi, Stephen Langer, David
Martin, Paula Green, M. Fleshner, Leslie Leinwand, Steven F.
Maier and Linda R. Watkins (2004). A
Role for proinflammatory cytokines and fractalkine in analgesia,
tolerance, and subsequent pain facilitation induced by chronic
intrathecal morphine. The Journal of Neuroscience,
- Jacqueline Lim, Mariette Macluran, Melanie Price, Barbara
Bennett and Phyllis Butow (2004). Short-
and Long-Term Impact of Receiving Genetic Mutation Results in
Women at Increased Risk for Hereditary Breast Cancer. Journal
of Genetic Counseling 13(2), 115-133.
- Juno Kim (2004). A simple pupil-independent
method for recording eye movements in rodents using video.
Journal of Neuroscience Methods 138(1-2), 165-171.
- Catherine Barnett and J. Clare Wilson. (2004). Children’s
“Wishes” in the Australian Family Court: Are they
Wishful Thinking? Journal of Psychiatry, Psychology
and Law 11(1), 73-78.
- Pearson, J. & Clifford, C.W.G. (2004) Determinants
of visual awareness following interruptions during rivalry,
Journal of Vision, 4(3), 196-202.
- Craddock, A.E. (2004). Origins:
Family Experiences of Premarital Couples.
Sydney, Hillfort Resources. (ISBN 0-646-43558-2)
- Barbara Griffin, Beryl Hesketh and David Grayson (2004). Applicants
faking good: Evidence of item bias in the NEO PI-R. Personality
and Individual Differences, 36(7), 1545-1558.
- Melissa T. Baysari and Robert A. Boakes (2004) Flavour
aversion produced by running and attenuated by prior exposure
to wheels. The Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology:
Section B, 57 (3), 273-286.
- Daniel F. Hermens, Leanne M. Williams, Ilario Lazzaro, Stephanie
Whitmont, Dmitriy Melkonian and Evian Gordon. (2004). Sex
differences in adult ADHD: a double dissociation in brain activity
and autonomic arousal. Biological Psychology, 66(3), 221-33
- Danielle M. Karazinov and Robert A. Boakes (2004). Learning
about cues that prevent an outcome: Conditioned inhibition and
differential inhibition in human predictive learning. The
Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology: Section B,
- Kelly J. Clemens, Petra S. van Nieuwenhuyzen, Kong M. Li,
Jennifer L. Cornish, Glenn E. Hunt, Iain S. McGregor (2004).
MDMA ("ecstasy"), methamphetamine
and their combination: long-term changes in social interaction
and neurochemistry in the rat. Psychopharmacology,173: 318-325.
- Heather M Davey, Jacqueline Lim, Phyllis N Butow, Alexandra
L Barratt, Sally Redman. Women's preferences
for and views on decision-making for diagnostic tests. Social
Science & Medicine 58 (2004) 1699-1707.
- Nixon, R.D., Sweeney, L., Erickson, D.B. & Touyz, S. W.
(2004). Parent-child interaction therapy:
One and two-year follow-up of standard and abbreviated treatments
for oppositional preschoolers. Journal of Abnormal Child
Psychology, 32(3), 263-71.
- Neural Correlates of Cat Odor-Induced
Anxiety in Rats: Region-Specific Effects of the Benzodiazepine
Iain S. McGregor, Garth A. Hargreaves, Raimund Apfelbach, and
Glenn E. Hunt. J. Neurosci. 2004;24 4134-4144
- Dissociating Detection from Localization
of Tactile Stimuli
Justin A. Harris, Thida Thein, and Colin W. G. Clifford. J.
Neurosci. 2004;24 3683-3693
This archive does not represent an exhaustive list of all publications from the School of Psychology at the University of Sydney.
To subscribe to our Publications RSS feed please use this link.