Fellows of Senate
Updated 14 June 2016
Professor Marian Pam Baird AO
Professor Marian Baird is one of four Fellows of Senate elected by and from the academic staff of the University of Sydney.
Professor Baird's terms of office as a Fellow of Senate:
- term 1: 1 June 2011 - 31 May 2013 (2 years)
- term 2: 1 June 2013 - 31 May 2015 (2 years)
- term 3: 1 June 2015 - 31 May 2017 (2 years) - current term
She is a member of the following Senate committees:
- Investment and Commercialisation Committee: 1 July 2013
- Nominations and Appointments Committee: 19 September 2011
Marian has been Senate’s nominee on the Women's College Council since 27 June 2011.
BEc (Hons) DipEd PhD Sydney
Fellow of Senate, 1 June 2011 -
Professor Marian Baird, who is Professor of Work and Organisational Studies, University of Sydney Business School, has been a teaching and research academic at the University of Sydney since 1997, and was previously at the University of Western Sydney for 10 years.
She is a former Vice-President (Academic) NTEU; has served on various University Committees; and is also Director of the Women and Work Research Group.