Dr Hugh Collis Barry
The honorary degree of Doctor of Medicine was conferred upon Dr Hugh Collis Barry by the Chancellor Sir Hermann Black AC at the conferring of degrees ceremony held in the Great Hall on 18 February 1989.
Dr Barry entered the Faculty of Medicine at this University in 1930, and four years later was awarded a Rhodes scholarship.
After the war he entered private orthopaedic practice and was appointed to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. He became Senior Orthopaedic Surgeon in 1964, a position he held until he retired in 1972. From 1948, until retirement, he was Lecturer in Orthopaedic Surgery at this University.
From 'The University of Sydney News', 28 February 1989