Fellows of Senate
Belinda Jane Hutchinson AM
Belinda Jane Hutchinson AM is the Chancellor of the University of Sydney.
Belinda's term/s of office as Chancellor:
- term 1: 4 February 2013 - February Senate meeting 2017 (four years) - current term
She is chair of the following Senate committees:
- Chair Appointments Committee
- Education and Research Committee
- Nominations and Appointments Committee
and an ex-officio member of the following:
- Buildings and Estates Committee
- Finance and Audit Committee
- Human Resources Committee
- Investment and Commercialisation Committee
- Safety and Risk Management Committee
- New Chancellor of the University of Sydney, 5 February 2013
BEc Sydney, FCA
Chancellor, 4 February 2013 -
Belinda Hutchinson AM became Chancellor of the University of Sydney on 4 February 2013.
An advocate for the critical role of world-class tertiary education and research in securing our economic and social future, Ms Hutchinson is a company director with a distinguished career in business and a commitment to deepening the culture of philanthropy. She is an alumna of the University, holding a Bachelor of Economics, and in 2012 received a University Alumni Award for professional achievement.
Ms Hutchinson is currently Chairman of Thales Australia Limited, Chairman of Future Generation Global Company and a non-executive director of AGL Energy and Australian Philanthropic Services. She is also a member of the Salvation Army Eastern Territory Advisory Board and St Vincent’s Health Australia NSW Advisory Council. She was previously the Chairman of QBE Insurance Group, and a director of Telstra, Coles Myer, TAB, Energy Australia, St Vincent’s Health Australia, the Crane Group and the NSW State Library Foundation.
Ms Hutchinson is a former President of Chief Executive Women, a member based organisation comprising over 300 of Australia’s women leaders.
Belinda Hutchinson is the University’s 18th Chancellor.