Fellows of Senate
Belinda Jane Hutchinson AM
Belinda Jane Hutchinson AM is the Chancellor of the University of Sydney.
Belinda's term/s of office as Chancellor:
- term 1: 4 February 2013 - February Senate meeting 2017 (four years) - current term
She is chair of the following Senate committees:
- Chair Appointments Committee
- Nominations and Appointments Committee
and an ex-officio member of the following:
- Buildings and Estates Committee
- Finance and Audit Committee
- Human Resources Committee
- Investment and Commercialisation Committee
- Safety and Risk Management Committee
- New Chancellor of the University of Sydney, 5 February 2013
BEc Sydney, FCA
Chancellor, 4 February 2013 -
A graduate of the University of Sydney, Belinda Hutchinson is a director of AGL Energy, the Salvation Army Eastern Territory Advisory Board, Australian Philanthropic Services, NSW State Library Foundation, and a member of the Federal Government Financial Services Advisory Council.
Ms Hutchinson was previously Chairman of QBE Insurance Group, and an executive director of Macquarie Group where she was the head of Macquarie Equity Capital Markets. Prior to this she was a vice president of Citibank in project and corporate finance and was the head of the Financial Institutions Group in Australia. She began her career working for Andersen Consulting in Australia and the USA. She has also served on the boards of Telstra Corporation, Coles Myer, Crane Group, Energy Australia, TAB, Snowy Hydro Trading and Sydney Water. She is the immediate past President of Chief Executive Women, a member-based organisation comprising 280 of Australia's women leaders.