Fellows of Senate
Professor Donald McNicol
Professor Donald McNicol was Vice-Chancellor and Principal and Fellow of Senate of the University of Sydney between 1990 and 1996.
Click on images for enlargement.
From left Registrar Keith Jennings, Brother Anthony Duncan, Vice-Chancellor Professor Don McNicol and Professor John A Young at the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding between St John of God Hospitals and the University in 1992, photo G3_224_2102, University of Sydney Archives.
Mr Masaki Noguchi, the Japanese Consul-General in Sydney, with Vice-Chancellor McNicol at the signing of a cultural agreement, photo, The Gazette, March 1992.
Professor Donald McNicol and his wife Kathie took to the water to watch the University's women's rowing teams in training, photo by Jane Spring, The Gazette, December 1992.
Vice-Chancellor McNicol at a graduation ceremony in 1993 with his counterpart from the University of Canberra, Professor Don Aitkin, his daughter Gabrielle Aitkin BA (Hons) '93 and mother Edna Aitkin BA ' 27. Professor Aitkin's late father, Alex, was also a Sydney graduate (BSc '28 MSc '35), photo, The Gazette, April 1993.
At the launch of the University Plan in 1994, Chancellor Emeritus Professor Dame Leonie Kramer, Professor James Lawrence of the Postgraduate Committee in Medicine, and Vice-Chancellor Professor McNicol, photo G77_1_673, University of Sydney Archives.
Vice-Chancellor Professor McNicol, Mr Greg O'Sullivan, the Reverend Andrew Macauley - winners of the Bushfire Research Scholarship - and the Chancellor, Emeritus Professor Dame Leonie Kramer in 1994, photo G77_1_687, University of Sydney Archives.
Vice-Chancellor Professor McNicol and Dr Wei-Jao Chen, President of the National Taiwan University, signing a Memorandum of Understanding in 1995, photo G77_1_269, University of Sydney Archives.
Dr K Cable, Emeritus Professor B Connell, Associate Professor G Sherington, Professor B Fletcher, Dame Leonie Kramer and Professor McNicol at the launch of the University History Project 1940-1990 second volume in 1995, photo G77_1_0383, University of Sydney Archives.