The East Range and Great Hall 2000s
Images are courtesy of the University Secretariat unless otherwise indicated.
Click on most images for enlargement.
View of the Quadrangle from Victoria Park following work completed in 2002 by South Sydney City Council and the University of Sydney to reinstate the historic vista from the Quadrangle Clock Tower to the University's original entrance on City Road, photo, copyright David White.
The academic procession entering the Great Hall for the formal ceremony held on 11 October 2002 to mark the sesquicentenary of the inauguration of the University of Sydney and of the commencement of Higher Education, photo, courtesy of ZOOM Productions.
Vice-Chancellor Professor Gavin Brown and Deputy Chancellor Renata Kaldor cut the University's 150th birthday cake on the front lawn on Sesquicentenary Celebration Day, 13 October 2002, which commemorated the arrival of the first students, the inauguration of the University (11 October 1852) and the first lectures from 12 October 1852, photo. courtesy ZOOM Productions.
Stop VSU rally on the front lawn on 28 April 2005, photo, courtesy SRC.
Professor Gavin Brown at the re-dedication of the University Gates on City Road 18 March 2008, photo, Media Office. Note: the sandstone pillars and iron gates at the University entrance since 1870 were relocated further along City Road in the 1940s, as Parramatta Road became the main entrance in 1926. In 2007 the original gates were reinstated at the City Road end of the old entrance avenue through Victoria Park ... more.
During O Week, 25 - 27 March 2010, photo, University of Sydney.
View from the Clocktower between pinnacles during O Week, March 2010, photo by Jeremy Yao, copyright USU 2010.
The Quadrangle and Great Hall on 1 April 2010.
The Quadrangle with scaffolding on the Clock Tower for conservation work, July - August 2010.
View from the Clock Tower in October 2010 showing the non-parking area, introduced in 2009, outside the East range.