Building the Quadrangle: 2000s
The main phases of the Quadrangle's construction were between 1855 and 1966. This page covers developments in the 2000s which include ongoing conservation and maintenance work.
In 2009, a green buffer of grass was constructed directly in front of the Quadrangle, between the Quadrangle and roadway, to provide a visual border to the building as well as protect the sandstone walls.
In addition disabled access to the Great Hall was completed.
Find out more about work done as part of Campus 2010.
The Great Hall in 2009, with disabled access,