Secretaries to Senate
Susan Louise Chapman
Susan Louise Chapman was Registrar and Head, Administrative Support Services of the University of Sydney from 1993 to 6 June 1994 when the position was renamed Registrar and Deputy Principal (Administrative Support Services). She served in this position until 1997. The position of Registrar included the role of Secretary to Senate.
BA MBA W’gong DipHealthAdmin C.Sturt
Registrar and Head, Administrative Support Services: 1993 - 1997
(Registrar and Deputy Principal (Administrative Support Services) from 6 June 1994)
Sue Chapman worked in the public sector for about 20 years in various roles and a variety of organisations, becoming Director of Corporate Services in the Illawarra Area Health Service in 1988 and serving in this position until 1993.
Her career at the University of Sydney
Sue was Registrar and Deputy Principal (Administrative Support Services) at the University of Sydney from 1993 to 1997.
Her subsequent career
- was Deputy Director General of the NSW Dept of Community Services (1997-1998)
- established her own management consulting company in 1998, undertaking consultancies within the public sector and for private companies requiring change management assistance, organisational reviews and strategic advice.
- was awarded the Illawarra Business Woman of the Year in 1988 and has been a regular presenter at conferences and workshops in the areas of leadership, organisational change and business improvement.
- was a member of the University of Wollongong Council for a number of years and elected Deputy Chancellor by the Council.
- joined the Senior Executive Service of the Australian Public Service in November 2007 and has held key strategic positions at the level of First Assistant Secretary at the Attorney-General’s Department and at the Department of Human Services.
- in 2013 is General Manager of the Families Division in the Department of Human Services.