Senate's Delegations of Authority
Senate's Delegations of Authority are set out in the University of Sydney (Delegations of Authority – Administrative Functions) Rule 2010 (as amended)
The Rule provides for the delegation by Senate to the University committees, authorities, officers, employees, consultants and contractors set out in Parts 4 to 15 of this Rule of the activities and functions prescribed there.
It also includes areas where authority has been retained by Senate.
The Rule is amended annually to keep its provisions current.
The parts of the Rule are as follows:
- Part 1 Preliminary
- Part 2 Principles governing the exercise of delegations
- Part 3 Interpretation
- Part 4 Brand and Marketing
- Part 5 Fundraising and Alumni Relations
- Part 6 Financial and Infrastructure
- Part 7 Human Resources
- Part 8 Information and Communication Technology
- Part 9 International
- Part 10 Legal Affairs
- Part 11 Work Health and Safety
- Part 12 Research
- Part 13 Education and Student Management
- Part 14 Commercial and Corporate Activities
- Part 15 Ceremonial matters