Human Resources Committee
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The role of the Committee is to:
- Monitor and advise Senate on matters relating to the University’s strategies and policies supporting the recruitment and management of its academic and non-academic staff.
- Review the performance of the Vice-Chancellor and determine his or her incentive payments, recommend to Senate the terms of employment of the Vice-Chancellor and review and approve the Vice-Chancellor’s travel plans.
- Review and approve the Vice-Chancellor’s recommendations regarding the remuneration, terms of employment and performance assessment of his direct reports.
- Ensure the effective management of risk in areas within the Committee’s remit.
- The Chancellor
- The Deputy Chancellor
- The Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee (Chair)
One Fellow of Senate (not a staff member or student) appointed by Senate after appropriate consultation by the Chair of the Committee
One external member with appropriate professional expertise and experience appointed by Senate on the recommendation of the Chair of the Committee following consultation by the Chair with Fellows of Senate and others as appropriate. The Secretary to Senate will assist the Chair by seeking suggestions from Fellows of Senate when it is known that there is a position to be filled.
Senate may, on the advice of the Committee, or on its own volition, appoint additional members as required.
Term of Office
Appointed members have terms of office of two years and no member is to serve for more than two consecutive terms.
All term limits are capable of waiver by Senate if recommended by the Nominations and Appointments Committee.
In accordance with current provisions governing election to Senate committees.
The Committee meets four times per year.
At any meeting of the Committee three members shall form a quorum.
Reporting to Senate
The Committee reports to Senate.
Secretary to the Committee
Director, Human Resources