Decisions of Senate
7 February 2011
Senate made the following decisions at its meeting held in open session on 7 February 2011:
- approved the rescission of the existing Resolutions of Senate related to the Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources' undergraduate degrees, Bachelor of Agricultural Economics, Bachelor of Agricultural Economics (Honours), Bachelor of Environmental Systems, Bachelor of Resource Economics, Bachelor of Resource Economics (Honours), Bachelor of Science in Agriculture and Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (Honours) with effect from 1 January 2011.
- endorsed the Academic Board’s approval of the proposal to transfer from the Faculty of Economics and Business to the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences the following: the Bachelor of Economics, Bachelor of Economics/Bachelor of Laws, Bachelor of Economics/Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Executive Master of Public Administration, Master of Economics, Master of International Security Studies, Master of Public Administration, Graduate Diploma in Economics, Graduate Diploma in International Security, Graduate Diploma in Public Administration, Graduate Certificate in International Security and Graduate Certificate in Public Administration; and approved amendment of the Resolutions of Senate related to the Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates in the Faculty of Arts; with effect from 1 January 2011.
- approved amendment of the Constitution of the Faculty of Science with effect from 1 January 2011.
- recorded its appreciation for the contributions made by retiring Fellows of Senate Ms Kim Anderson and the Hon John Aquilina AP.
- appointed Mr John Dobson and Mr Pouyan Afshar to membership of the Law Extension Committee in the category of “Two solicitors appointed by Senate on the nomination of the Law Society of New South Wales”, the term of office to conclude on to 30 November 2012.
- appointed the following to membership of the Student Appeals Panel:
Academic staff members: Dr Murray Fisher, Dr Chris Chapparo, Dr Robyn Gibson and Dr Lesley Laing
Postgraduate student members: Ms Lauren Whalan , Ms Nadine Thompson, Ms Jillian Mills, Mr Sebastian Bowman, Mr Dale Mills and Ms Kim Hamrosi
Undergraduate student members: Ms Karla Fedel, Ms Phoebe Drake and Ms Eloise Howse.
- approved, with effect from 1 January 2011, amendment of
the Constitution of the University of Sydney Business School
the Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates in the University of Sydney Business School.