Decisions of Senate
6 February 2012
Senate made the following non-confidential decisions at its meeting held on 6 February 2012:
- noted with sorrow the death of former Fellow of Senate Mr John David Booth and resolved to extend its condolences to Mr Booth’s family.
- congratulated Mr Alan Cameron AO on his re-election unopposed as Deputy Chancellor.
- resolved tp admit retired member of staff Dr Margaret Edmond to the degree of Master of Social Work ad eundem gradum.
- approved the following Selection Committee for the Deanship of the Faculty of Health Sciences:
Ex-officio: Vice-Chancellor and Principal, Dr Michael Spence; Chair of the Academic Board, Associate Professor Peter McCallum; Provost and Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Professor Stephen Garton
Three members (plus reserve) nominated by the Faculty: Professor Michelle Lincoln; Associate Professor Colleen Canning; Professor Patrick Brennan
Reserve members: Professor Lindy Clemson (Reserve), Associate Professor Kathryn Rose (Reserve), Professor Michael Kassiou (Reserve)
External Member: Ms Patricia Faulkner AO - currently chairs the Prime Minister’s Social Inclusion Board and the Board of Jesuit Social Services, and is also a Board member of St Vincent’s Health Australia and a Member of the Commonwealth Grants Commission.
Additional member (Chair of Division): Professor Archie Johnston
- resolved to appoint the following nominees to the Student Appeals Panel:
Academic staff member: Dr Michael Webb
Postgraduate student members: Ms Iona Katherine McRae
Undergraduate student members: Mr Charbel El-Bacha, Ms Dilara Yashin, Mr David Thode, Ms Lauren Younan, Ms Sumita Theagesan, Mr Benjamin Wenke, Ms Annie Pang
- approved the proposed amendment of the University of Sydney (Academic Governance) Rule 2003 (as amended), with effect from 10 February 2012.
- approved the proposed amendment of the University of Sydney (Student Proctorial Panel) Rule 2003 (as amended), with effect from 10 February 2012.
- resolved (1) to endorse the Academic Board’s approval of the proposal from the University of Sydney Business School to introduce the Master of Business Administration and Graduate Diploma in Business Administration; and (2) to approve the amendment of the Resolutions of Senate related to the Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates in the University of Sydney Business School, with effect from 1 January 2012, as set out on in the report.