Decisions of Senate
19 March 2012
Senate made the following non-confidential decisions at its meeting held on 19 March 2012:
- approved the formal section of the University of Sydney 2011 Annual Report.
- approved amendments to the Constitutions of the Board of Studies in Indigenous Studies and Board of Studies in Rural Management as recommended
- approved the change of name of the Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources to the Faculty of Agriculture and Environment, with immediate effect.
- resolved (1) to endorse the Academic Board’s approval of the proposal from the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies to introduce the stream of Biomedical Engineering in the Bachelor of Engineering and delete the streams of Mechanical Engineering (Biomedical) and Electrical Engineering (Bioelectronics); and (2) to approve the amendment of the Resolutions of Senate related to the Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies, with effect from 1 January 2013.
- approved the appointment of Professor Terry Campbell to the selection committee for the Deanship of the Faculty of Health Sciences in place of Ms Patricia Faulkner.
- approved the conduct of a single joint honorary degree ceremony for certain recipients of such awards as proposed in the report presented.
- congratulated the newly elected Chairs of Senate committees:
Chair, Buildings and Estates Committee: Mr Robert Leece AM RFD
Chair, Finance and Audit Committee: Mr Alec Brennan
Chair, Investment and Commercialisation Committee: Mr David Mortimer AO
Chair, Safety and Risk Management Committee: Dr Barry Catchlove
- approved the proposed format of the Senate Retreat and confirmed that it be held on 24/25 August, 2012, commencing at 2.00 pm on Friday 24th and concluding at 4.00 pm on Saturday 25th.
- approved the amendment of the University of Sydney (Amendment Act) Rule 1999 (as amended) as recommended with effect from 23 March 2012.
- resolved to amend the University of Sydney (Delegations of Authority – Administrative Functions) Rule 2010 (as amended) as recommended with effect from 23 March 2012.