The University of Sydney recognises
- exceptional achievement by conferring an honorary degree.
- outstanding service to the University by awarding the title of Honorary Fellow of the University.
How do I write a citation?
Once Senate has approved the recommendation of the Nominations and Appointments Committee with respect to honorary awards, each successful nominator will be asked to prepare a draft citation which will then be checked for accuracy with the recipient.
The citation is read at the ceremony prior to the conferring of the award.
- Full name of nominee
- Imperial or Australian honours
- Discipline area and major achievements that warrant the nomination for an honorary award
- Accurate information
- Simple English
- Describe achievements, especially in specialised fields, so that they may be readily understood and appreciated, as well as being easy to read out aloud, i.e. the use of technical terms should be kept to a minimum
- A maximum of one typed, single spaced A4 page
- Click here for previous citations, especially the more recent ones.