Fellows of Senate
Ms Kate Laing was the Fellow of Senate elected by and from the undergraduate students of the University of Sydney for a one year term of office from 1 December 2008 to 30 November 2009.
During this time Kate was an ex-officio member of the Senate/Sports Liaison Committee and the Senate/Student Associations Liaison Committee.
Some of the University functions which Kate attended in 2009 as a Fellow were:
- the Charles Perkins Annual Memorial Oration and Prize-giving
- 2009 Alumni Awards Presentation
- Reception to thank the University Foundations
- O Week Breakfast for student leaders
- Alumni Dinner for the Hon Michael Kirby AC
Fellow of Senate, 1 December 2008 - 30 November 2009
Kate is a candidate for the Bachelor of Arts degree, currently in Year III, and was the SRC President for 2008, her term of office concluding at the end of November 2008.
As SRC President, Kate was a member of the Senate/Student Associations Liaison Committee and of the Academic Board as well as its Undergraduate Studies and Learning & Teaching Committees.