Secretaries to Senate
The role of Secretary to Senate
The Secretary to Senate:
- acts as a secretary at all meetings of the Senate.
- is responsible for issuing notices for all meetings of the Senate and keeping minutes of the proceedings of Senate.
- provides support to the Secretariat in the provision of material to the Senate.
- acts as Returning Officer for Senate elections.
- is responsible for the conduct of elections for: (a) the Chancellor, the Deputy Chancellor and the Chair of the Finance Committee; (b) any of the standing or ad hoc committees of the Senate; and (c) the Fellow appointed by the Senate.
- or nominee, acts as secretary to the Academic Board.
- or nominee, acts as Returning Officer for all other elections.